Phantasy Star Online 2 is coming to the west!

Discussion in 'News' started by Sodaboy, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Sodaboy

Sodaboy Administrator Staff Member

Guildcard:
    Yes, yes, I know this isn't Ephinea related news, but it IS Phantasy Star Online related and I felt it should be reported on every site that is related to PSO!

Phantasy Star Online 2 has been announced for the west, again! This time, though, we've got an approximate release date, Spring 2020, and it will be coming out for both the Xbox One and PC platforms. (Update: It will come to the PS4 and Switch as well! https://jackofallcontrollers.com/20...sy-star-online-2-for-ps4-and-nintendo-switch/)

If you are a true fan of Phantasy Star Online, make sure that when it does come out, if you have a platform that the game appears on, you do your best to sign up, play and support it!

You can watch the announcement trailer below:

Official website at https://pso2.com/

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Nyte, Zero641, Roo and 10 others like this.
  2. CB1981

CB1981 Member

Well, I guess that's what Sega's survey was all about afterall!

That said, I'll believe it when it's actually in my hands or on the XBL storefront. :p

CARNAGE likes this.
  3. Ryan

Ryan Casual GM Staff Member

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    I'll give it a shot if you actually download and install the game... because the reveal says it's powered by Azure, which is Microsoft's cloud platform. Streaming games isn't my thing, even if it is PSO.

BugCatcherRyan and CARNAGE like this.
  4. ElenorCamuel

ElenorCamuel Member

You know a game has had a fast track to release, when the original release announcement is so old you feel nostalgic for that time, whilst watching the new release trailer =)

https://m.facebook.com/sega.pso2/

5. Sodaboy

Sodaboy Administrator Staff Member

Guildcard:
    It might not be streamed. It could just have the servers being hosted on the Azure platform, not the actual game.

If they're streaming the actual game, I might have to pass as well. :( (Depends on the lag to/from the server.)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  6. Retty

Retty Hey Man, Nice Shot

Guildcard:
    I'm not sure how to feel about this, I would have been more excited. . 6-7 years ago?

It's actually surreal to hear it's coming out at all, I dunno how to react really. :eek:

7. Cayk

Cayk Proud Resta User

Cool, I'll give PSO2 another go when/if this comes out. Playing with lower ping than what I had to deal with on the JP servers will be a nice new experience for me.

CARNAGE likes this.
  8. Wil

Wil HUmar Scum

Been playing PSO2 JP since Day 1, and they expect me to switch hahaha.

CARNAGE likes this.
  9. EricPimpi

EricPimpi n.n

Guildcard:
    <3 really motivated for this <3

CARNAGE likes this.
  10. Annie

Annie Member

We don't know how this would end up but my optimistic nature makes me feel happy to see Phantasy Star getting some love once again in the West!
    This is a celebration for Phantasy Star fans and I hope the people who didn't tried the game already to enjoy it.

11. Harborer of Hope

Harborer of Hope That Others May Live! Staff Member

SQUEEeeee!!!!! With all this Hype...we can only wait again with bated breath til it happens...PSO2 is GORGEOUS and all, but EVERYONE Who's played it All came running back saying the 'Same thing!'..."It just doesn't have the same CHARM as the Original!" And of course it has the TWO of mew's most fave things things PSO original has been lacking... BOUNCING BOOBIES! XD! Ok, well mew'll now quietly take her place among the rest of the skeptical devoutees and twiddle our paws waiting patiently....expectantly.....nervously......Anxiously...... ...... ... GAAAAAAAH!!!!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  12. KarlosTheJackal

KarlosTheJackal Member

Guildcard:
    I really do hope Sega doesn't break my heart again....

My old laptop, I brought the day they announced the spec requirements for PSO2 so I was ready for it's release...

It was a good laptop 6 years ago haha

13. Kim Jong Tsun

Kim Jong Tsun Giant Tales Fanboy

Guildcard:
    Super late but at least it’s not in Half Life 3 status anymore. I didn’t have much interest in PSO2 before but now that we’re actually getting it I’m debating downloading the Japanese version with Tweaker and playing it now because I don’t wanna wait a year for it.

14. Detourist

Detourist Detourist#6717

Guildcard:
    If by "free to play" they mean pay to win, and not just that they'll be excluding the hunter's license bs, then no.
    If it's a $50-70, all inclusive game with no buy-able addon's (like State of Decay 2), then maybe.
    Ephinea Forever.

Novastorm02 and Harborer of Hope like this.
  15. SE24

SE24 Member

Let's hope they don't mess up the essence of PSO!

Novastorm02 and Harborer of Hope like this.
  16. Aleron Ives

Aleron Ives Member

You do know that PSO2 has been out for years and is completely different from PSO1, right? That ship has sailed.

Nyte and Alakaboom like this.
  17. Echelon

Echelon PSOBB plastic surgeon

They did, in my opinion.

Kamui and KEV1N like this.
  18. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member

Guildcard:
    PSO2 is no longer an endless dungeon crawler unfortunately.

It's a fun game for what it is, but I wouldn't say it's really like PSO1.

19. Yuffie

Yuffie Member

Wonder if the western servers receive all content before they release pso3 in jp..... Which is to be expected around 2022 iirc... Way to late....

20. Rune

Rune Member

Guildcard:
    Well, this is nice I guess

Harborer of Hope likes this.