Phantasy Star Online 2 is coming to the west!

Discussion in 'News' started by Sodaboy, Jun 9, 2019.

1. CARNAGE

CARNAGE Absolute Staff Member

Guildcard:
    I'm gonna give it a go. It is free to play anyway. I am gonna at least run through the story and lore for sure.

2. Harborer of Hope

Harborer of Hope That Others May Live! Staff Member

3. Novastorm02

Novastorm02 Member

Guildcard:
    I'm looking forward to playing PSO2, but I'm skeptical and will believe it when I have game in hand.

Alakaboom and Harborer of Hope like this.
  4. Alakaboom

Alakaboom Member

ha, ha, ha... still gonna suck at it.

5. Sodaboy

Sodaboy Administrator Staff Member

Guildcard:
    Nyte, CB1981 and Alakaboom like this.
  6. Alakaboom

Alakaboom Member

sign me up for pc but blargh.

Harborer of Hope likes this.
  7. Rappy0

Rappy0 Member

I like PSO 1 a lot more than 2. 2 is a solid MMO but its not even close to as good as PSO classics dungeon crawling. Though I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. It was just hard to get into having to update the game and the Englsih patch every time I open the Tweaker and I joined late so all the English players were all so over leveled and I never really got into parties. I'll still play it to show Sega there is interest in Phantasy Star in the West so they don't screw us over again (even though I know they will).

8. CyborgJiro

CyborgJiro The Cyborg Hero

Guildcard:
    I was so excited when I heard it was coming to the west...again but for real this time. Don't get me wrong, pso1 is great but I think I would rather play pso2.

9. CyborgJiro

CyborgJiro The Cyborg Hero

Guildcard:
    I know I am never on ephinea but I hope we can play sometime on pso2 in 2020 mew.

10. Alakaboom

Alakaboom Member

wait, bouncing boobies? IN.

11. Argajag

Argajag Hi I'm JC

Guildcard:
    I like both games, but I don't know if I'll make the jump to PSO2Eng yet considering how invested I am on the JP servers already. A lot will depend on the details, which aren't known at this point.

SEGA knows their target audience.

Spoiler tags for Not Mind Safe PSO2 player fashion:
    [​IMG]
    "KANEDAAA HELP MEEEE"

Novastorm02 and Annie like this.
  12. Argajag

Argajag Hi I'm JC

Guildcard:
    Double post, but I missed this one and oh god please reconsider

username likes this.
  13. Elekor

Elekor Member

Guildcard:
    I'm a lil late but.

This made my day, cheers for - finally - having some form of western release.

14. Ace_The_Black

Ace_The_Black Member

I'm looking forward to finally being able to try this out. Kinda still a bit upset it took this long, but at least I won't have to buy it now.

15. CTB

CTB JK hate paused, busy!

Guildcard:
    i don't think you had to buy it before
    unless you were like me and couldn't live with a small inventory and a lack of bazette
    maybe ill give this game another look if my costumes and voices come (ha ha)

16. Peanut

Peanut Member

Guildcard:
    I think I’ll give her a whirl as well. I know I wanted to play when they released in Japan but never thought would take this long to get released state side.

17. Yuffie

Yuffie Member

@Ace_The_Black you don't need to buy the game, can start playing right now on jp server with an almost English client, having those incredibly fast patches after jp content is released (guess you do need to buy the same stuff as you will do later in a western release, like inventory slot but you don't have to buy anything) . Does anybody really believe Sega will threaten pso2 well? We're at Episode 6 right now, wonder if the western release will ever see all content before they release pso3 (which isn't to far away since one of the staff said pso2 will last for 10 years...).

18. Matt

Matt Administrator Staff Member

Guildcard:
    PSO2 NA is being released with all current content.

There's also something to be said for playing with low ping and part of a full English community with full support from the company dealing with the game.

People like to downplay the advantages of a proper localised server, but there's many reasons people don't want to play on foreign servers.

19. athicent

athicent Member

I agree with Matt. I feel like it was difficult to find people to play with who spoke English, which is what drove me away from the game. Not saying I mind playing with JP players, I just don't speak or understand it and I enjoy the occasional in game banter. Playing alone or with a language barrier does get dull after a while. The English translation patches had some flaws as well and finding guides/advice on the game was a limited in English. It will definitely be nice to try the game again on a localized server.

Novastorm02 likes this.