New item idea: Precision Enhancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've Sphered anything worth using, yes. I'm not going to Sphere Charge Vulcans because it doesn't make sense. (100% would add 37 ATP.)
Not true. A good Charge Vulcan is definitely worth sphering, especially on an android using D-Parts and Red Ring. The ATP from your armor and shield are also applied to your weapon %s, giving Charge Vulcan an additional 55 ATP in addition to its own ATP when sphered.

Since a Charge Vulcan hits 9 times, those ATP do add up.

Not true. A good Charge Vulcan is definitely worth sphering, especially on an android using D-Parts and Red Ring. The ATP from your armor and shield are also applied to your weapon %s, giving Charge Vulcan an additional 55 ATP in addition to its own ATP when sphered. That does add up with 9 Hits and a sacrificial special.

I would consider this very much grasping at straws. If it had 70+ hit, yes.

wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait

You are seriously waiting to find a 0/x/x/0|50+ HS before you sphere for a set????????????? I can't even do this anymore.

wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait

You are seriously waiting to find a 0/x/x/0|50+ HS before you sphere for a set????????????? I can't even do this anymore.

The next best HS I have is 20H. Would you waste Spheres on that?

If I found another that was 35+ then I would probably go for it. I wasn't very clear back there. My bad.

Is everything else satisfactory? Am I strong enough to impress Kireek? -_-;

The only thing left for me to do is hunt things that are one in several hundred thousands into the millions. I post ideas to try to make this part of the game more interesting because it's all that's left at this point. That or just moving on.

This isn't to say that just picking up the game and wrecking everything isn't fun. It is. For a few runs at a time. I'm just saying it would be nice to add some extra spice to the game for people who hit the rarefied air. Who is going to spend a Sphere and a 1/28k item to add 5% hit to a weapon if they haven't done all of this other stuff already?

Kireek will definitely still mock you. You can't handle playing HUcast anymore -- particularly with DF.

No wonder you've almost beaten PSO, you only sphere for a RAcast.

Stay on topic and be respectful, please. Posts will be deleted if they aren't directly in response to this suggestion.

Last edited:
Kireek will definitely still mock you. You can't handle playing HUcast anymore -- particularly with DF.

No wonder you've almost beaten PSO, you only sphere for a RAcast.

Really the only thing left to Sphere on HUct is a DF set, though. So what, I need to get about 800 more PDs, and then what?

I hope you would at least concede that I'm very much AT the brick wall in terms of satisfactory / enjoyable progression. 70 hit Caliburs don't grow on trees.

Edit: I posted this right as Cassie posted to stay on topic. Please know this is in defense of my purpose for posting the thread. Dab has asserted that I only post things out of self-interest. I'm really just trying to find ways to make the game more interesting. Many others beyond just myself are at this point. I get PMs from people all the time who are too timid to speak up here because the kangaroo court will obliterate them. I obviously don't need any of this stuff to excel. That wasn't the point...

Why not play for the sake of playing, all this hunting and needing to improve seems to be making you miserable.

Why not play for the sake of playing, all this hunting and needing to improve seems to be making you miserable.

Why not implement ideas that increase the longevity of the game's interesting periods? Even Matt has posted to this effect when the first poll about post Lv. 200 bonuses was announced. It was shot down in a rain of glorious fire by people who were nowhere near that point in the game.

With the rare exception of Dab, none of my other detractors are anywhere near as far along in terms of progression as I am. I have a relatively unique perspective on this. You would be wise to value it.

Who said I was miserable? I love this game. I want to make it better.

Sometimes an idea comes from the feeling of, "Wouldn't it be cool if," instead of "I'm so miserable so I need..."

I guess I'm too much of an optimist.

Even Matt has posted to this effect when the first poll about post Lv. 200 bonuses was announced. It was shot down in a rain of glorious fire by people who were nowhere near that point in the game.
As we've agreed on in the past, people really only disagreed with this for two reasons: they didn't like the look of level 201-250 on a character, and most of the suggested bonuses for 201+ (like RDR+) would skew the balance of wealth even further in favor of veteran players for no good reason. Post-200 content is an inherently good idea, and most people agreed with the concept, unlike this idea.
Chances are the cap won't be broken, as people are split down the middle about it, but it seems like nobody is against the concept of EXP still being useful at 200 in some fashion. Maybe we'll get back to you on that, maybe not.

Reactions: Ade
I've had some time to relax after the initial spectacle that happened here. I think the main point I want to drive home is that this item is extremely rare and most players will find ZERO of them over the course of their playing career. It would just be an interesting addition and something else to do. Not to mention the agonizing choice of which item to use it on and having to spend a Sphere to use it. It's perfectly balanced for what it does.

I really dont like this suggestion and it has nothing to do with the fact that it's you suggesting it ade. I appreciate the effort put in tho, I guess I just like the current state of hit being unchangable on most weapons.
(i was gonna post "lolno" but enough people did that already)

not your worst work here matey - at the risk of going off track, ryan makes a good point about the conceptual basis behind this idea. post-200 content is one of those things that will always be a point of contention as long as ephinea is 'vanilla+' and has a suggestion forum. in my view ephinea needs to be extremely careful about adding things like this, irrespective of considerations of balance, fairness, and, yes, even fun, because ephinea's the closest thing the gaming community has to a document of what PSO is and was. there's a reason that Forbes writer had his nostalgia hit here a couple of years back. i feel like i'm kind of obligated to make this case whenever a thread like this is posted.

I get PMs from people all the time who are too timid to speak up here because the kangaroo court will obliterate them. I obviously don't need any of this stuff to excel. That wasn't the point...

it sounds like you might think that this makes you a mouthpiece or something, but that's not really how it works here. these people need to show support by actively participating in the discussion.

Ade, I just want to bring one more thing up to you:

Jafet gained 16 PS during the summer event. Imagine the wep he could make off of a change like this.

Yeah assuming he could get his hands on 16 of a 1/28k item. Good luck with that.

Each one of them would sell for 3 PS alone. This is a "once in multiple Lv. 200 characters" drop we're talking about here.

Also, I'm pretty sure the blatant PS exploitation will come to an end with future events, so this is pretty well an isolated incident.

Edit: Waited for a few minutes to see if any of these excellent points were acknowledged. Nope.

I don't have a problem with the rarity of the item. I just don't think it aligns with the vision of Ephinea seeing as it would be a pretty big change to a fundamental mechanic.

On the About Ephinea page there's a list of goals & aims for the server and I feel this suggestion stretches it a bit. That's just my 2 PDs.
Also can we chill with the callouts & dramabaiting, ephinea 2 did nothing wrong uwu
SHqPdxT.png

Honestly, I don't really see the point. If it's that rare it's bordering on V2's problem of having lots of new items that are effectively unobtainable, so why did Sega even bother adding them in the first place? The fact that you've suggested it be this rare from the outset (rather than it being nerfed in a subsequent update after somebody notices that it's turned the game upside down due to being too easy to get) is proof that it shouldn't exist at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back