New item idea: Precision Enhancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ade

;3
Description:

Developed in secret by The Lab. When used with a Photon Sphere, it boosts the Hit % of a weapon by 5%. (Weapon must have at least 5% Hit and cannot be boosted past 70%.)

------------------------

This item could drop on a few of the "weaker" IDs in some of the weaker areas. (Redria has fallen hard, for example.) The rarity should be set to the same level as that of 11-star weapons (1/28k from grunts and 1/12k from bigger enemies). That way, the item itself would be worth a lot. To farm enough of these to fully boost one weapon would take a tremendous commitment. (It would be essentially the same rarity as a J-Sword.)

Limiting the effectiveness of this item to 70% would still make the prospect of hunting for higher hit an endless endeavor. This would simply be a nice way to augment that process.

Edit: Also, the base item has to have Hit % to begin with, so this is an uphill battle on many fronts. It would also be a very difficult choice. "Do I use this on my 35 Hit HS or hold out for a better one to drop?" It's an exciting prospect.

Furthermore, the Sphere requirement would create another PD / Sphere sink which would offset some of the "event inflation," we've seen. An extra menu could be added to Paganini for this feature, similar to adding %s to weapons or specials to S-Ranks.

I'm sure @XII would love to create some new text for Paganini after Lost Son Hopkins was removed :(

We could zoom in even closer to his face and have it say "You have done VERY WELL!" when boosting Hit %. xD

Edit 2: Change name of suggested item as "Precision Booster" would have been easily confused with both "PB" and "Photon Booster."

Crap...PC is confusing too.

Let's go with "Precision Enhancer."

Edit: Update due to a very good and constructive Discord conversation with Dab:

Item can only be used TWICE on any weapon and cannot boost the hit past 65 (rather than 70.) So if you find something with 50% hit and you manage to find two of this INSANELY RARE item, the best you can get is 60, for example. Is that better?

Another thing: Obviously cannot be used on S-Ranks, but CAN be used on enemy part weapons, effectively capping them at 60. And yes, Schtserv had a 60h Bringer's Rifle what was way less broken than other crazy crap they did.

Last edited:
Ade, you posted that quote already.

Adding hit... up to 70%?? Please no.

Reactions: Wil
I like this idea. Getting only 5% more hit for something as rare as an sjs would mean that a vast majority people wouldn't even have a full set of 70% hit weapons. It simply would just take way too much time. Either this or insert two/three of the same weapon to get one of that same weapon back with rerolled stats.

Reactions: Ade
I can see the new Suggestions Threads already "Please increase Precision Enhancer drop rate, the grind is too long." "Revisiting Precision Enhancer drop rate debate"

It was my idea to increase the Meseta bank limit as well as to revisit some of the weaker areas for drop enhancements (including Mines). My ideas are not shit. Your statement is objectively wrong.

Even if some of my ideas are bad ones, I don't deserve poor treatment for making an attempt.

Your ideas aren't shit and I wasn't trolling you. I think we're all just a little weary on the Weapon % thing. I have nothing against you I was just poking fun, chin up. Ignore assholes like Liberalce, that was uncalled for.

I don't think this would add anything. It being as rare as tjs or around that means no one would use it on anything beyond a 65 or so anyway cause then it be wasted. Plus most items perform just fine at certain % even on fomar so I don't see it adding much as well.

The items you'd like to use it on to make em better (5 more hit on my 20 hit excal? Yes please) would be a waste of the item itself and I feel get people to devalue them more.

I don't understand how you can complain about having nothing to do in PSO and then ask for something like this. All this would do is prolong your boredom wall until you have 70% Hit on everything. It's true that the bank limit increase and Mines drop buffs were good ideas, but that doesn't mean this is a good idea.

Ade, you really just need to play Sandbox. You clearly don't enjoy the grind that PSO is. Sphere more items than your one HS you finally found and Baranz. Sphere some HU items? You do actually play HUct. Make a battle FO.

Ade, you really just need to play Sandbox. You clearly don't enjoy the grind that PSO is. Sphere more items than your one HS you finally found and Baranz. Sphere some HU items? You do actually play HUct. Make a battle FO.

Already sphered everything after the summer event and I'm back up to over 400 PDs already despite my charging prices that are too low for everything. Sorry?

Yeah I like reading the suggestion forum. Doesn't matter if I disagree with something put in.

Took way to long for this server to add full dressing room for example and I still think section id should be free to change in general to let me hunt what I want without having to waste my time making dummy characters just to level 80.

Even if you don't agree with some of Ade's ideas, it doesn't mean he should just stop posting.
Should everyone who outgrows our small economy just quit the game or play sandbox? Or should they try to find creative and constructive solutions for themselves and others?

Some of you are a little too hostile. It's not that critical. It's a forum for a private server of a game that's almost two decades old. It's not worth skipping your therapy session IRL and then trying to have it here.

Already sphered everything
Everything? I HIGHLY doubt this.

The vast majority of your ideas are only to benefit you and your hoard of PDs. Adding hit to any rare you want is so far from the point of PSO, that you clearly do not actually enjoy this game.

The moderators should be aware that I accidentally reported one of Wi'ls posts as trolling. I was going through a bunch of them and mis-clicked one.

Everything? I HIGHLY doubt this.

The vast majority of your ideas are only to benefit you and your hoard of PDs. Adding hit to any rare you want is so far from the point of PSO, that you clearly do not actually enjoy this game.

I've Sphered anything worth using, yes. I'm not going to Sphere Charge Vulcans because it doesn't make sense. (100% would add 37 ATP.)

I already had a number of items Sphered before the summer event and spent 2200 PDs worth of Sphereing after the event ended, if that's any indication.

I can post you a list of everything I've Sphered if you want. I wasn't intending to turn this into a pissing contest.

I do enjoy this game. I want to enjoy it more.

I love how everyone thinks I have ulterior motives for my ideas. I PLAY other games all the time. I was just playing the new Smash Bros. I play Warframe regularly. I play Diablo 3. I still hunt extra moons on Mario Odyssey. I played through Megaman X3 the other day. I play through Metroid Prime at least once a year. I did a for-fun speed run of the original NES Metroid recently. I build levels on Super Mario Maker (I've made over 30 levels). I love all kinds of games. I love PSO. It's my favorite game of all time. I just want to find ways to make endgame more exciting. It's not like I posted, "Hey let's make it super easy to add hit to weapons."

I posted an idea about adding an EXTREMELY rare item to the game that adds FIVE PERCENT to an item at an extremely high cost. I think carefully about game balance with all of my ideas.

To be fair I gave u my opinion on why I don't think the item would be good.

I really would like to see your gear considering you say you have accomplished everything in PSO.

I really would like to see your gear considering you say you have accomplished everything in PSO.

Okay...if you insist...

Excal: 100 0 0 0 20H
(I spend a lot of time hunting for a better hit % one, but every time I find it, it has an undesirable percentage on it.)

Yunchang: 100 20 0 0 40H
(I suppose I could Sphere the AB but I don't really use my HUcast that much anymore.)

Spread Needle: 45h - ATP is too low to Sphere sensibly.
Baranz Launcher: 100 0 100 0 50H
Baranz Launcher: 0 100 0 100 50H
Heaven Striker: 100 0 0 100 45H -I'll sphere another one for the other %s if I ever find a better one, but it took two years to get THIS one
Cannon Rouge: 30H - This is probably the next thing I would Sphere but it's such a limited use item that it makes me feel sick to spend PDs on it.
Froozer: 45H - doesn't make sense to Sphere this
Snow Queen: 55H - doesn't make sense to Sphere this
Charge Vulcans: 55H - best I've found, sadly. Trying to find better ones so nothing to criticize here.
Charge Arms: 55H - same deal

Sranks I have with Specials:
Zalure Gun
Arrest J Cutter
Hell J Cutter
Arrest Needle
Spirit Needle
Demon Needle
Hell Needle
Hell Shot
Hell Launcher
Berserk Launcher
Demon Mechs
Jellen Shot (this was for soloing Lost Son Hopkins back before 1P mode was available for all quests, plus it's close to Jello Shot)
Edit: Berserk Needle
Edit: Zalure Needle

Psycho Wand
Dark Bridge
Magical Piece
Summit Moon
Bringer's Rifle 50H
Striker of Chao
Slicer of Fanatic 35H

See the idea here?

Note: I don't have a Dark Flow because I never use my HUcast anymore. However, I do basically nothing but hunt for crazy %s in Ruins, so maybe someday that will change. I've spent probably over 100 hours hunting for high % in Ruins in the past couple of months, and the best thing I've found so far is a 65H Blizzard Raygun. -_-;

I'm not saying I've accomplished everything in PSO. I'm asserting that I'm running up against a severe brick wall of "the law of diminishing return" and there are possible fixes for it. I think this clearly demonstrates that.

If your only counter point is that "OH, YOU COULD GO DO THIS ONE OBSCURE AND VERY NON-BENEFICIAL THING," then you've missed the point. I'm considerably further along than most and sometimes the boredom really sets in. I don't even NEED to play Sandbox mode. I prettymuch am already.

51fuh9jP5RL._SX425_.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back