Negating Player Healing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't use DF in public games if you don't have the unit, it's that simple.

The point of the unit is so that people don't have to change their way of playing because of one person wanting to use DF, so if you don't have it for some reason, you shouldn't be using DF at that particular time, at least in public games.

One thing's that been a problem is the centralisation of the weapon "Dark Flow", specifically how it requires a party to change what they're doing to fully get use out of it.

Problem with this is, many players want to use their piece of weaponry all the time (they've earned it, they should really be able to), however many players dislike players in their games trying to use Dark Flow because it means they're unable to play how they want (which everyone should really be able to, this is not a "skill" game, it's a grinding game).

Because of many people becoming antagonistic and getting into scuffles over this situation (note that no "side" is wrong here), we're proposing the addition of a new unit:

Negate/Heal (tentative name)

Chances are it'll be obtained from combining two units like HP/Revival and Cure/Poison or something.

While most likely obvious, this unit would block the healing effects of both Resta and Star Atomizers from other players, allowing players with Dark Flow to use their toy uninterrupted, and allowing players who prefer to play a support role to also be able to do so alongside Dark Flow users.

A command was proposed at one point, but we feel there should be some sort of downside to being able to Flow without interrupts, and a unit slot seems like a relatively small price to pay. The meta would also not change, as efficiency games do not use Star Atomizers or Resta at all anyway, the idea of this unit is to make public games more enjoyable for all players, regardless of how they like to play.

tl;dr: Would you guys like to see an extra unit implemented that blocks player healing? Why or why not?

Please be civil and respectful in any discsusion.

Disclaimer: The addition of this item doesn't mean we're going to unlock Dark Flow or add Rainbows or buff merges. We'd have done that a long time ago if that was in the scope of this server's goals, so don't mention it.

Sounds good! This will help some people for sure.
But one thing Matt, i dont have a hp/revivial... its too junk lol. How about a buy-for-meseta option? Pls

S>HP/Revival 10pd :p
:(
sadcatsmall.jpg

It should cost at least 10 and no more than 25 PDs in Gallon's Shop. Problem solved. Anyone who has DF has at least 10 PDs to their name.

More PD sinks are good for the economy.

Before you object, remember: This is an item that allows the player to do something that has never been done. It needs to be more costly than just a Cure/Poison, HP/Revival, and the loss of one unit slot.

Easily huntable though.

Before you object, remember: This is an item that allows the player to do something that has never been done. It needs to be more costly than just a Cure/Poison, HP/Revival, and the loss of one unit slot.
I think the intention is to have it easily obtainable.

It adds a huge (perceived) benefit for the user; it should have a cost. (I say "perceived" because I have yet to meet a DF user who doesn't die all the time; thereby negating all the time they gained from using it, but lulz).

Just make a command, don't need another penalty for people playing with mag triggers/DF.

If you're thinking it just lowers your HP to the needed DF special value thats wrong, it just negates healing. You're in control of your HP total, people just cant resta/star atomizer you at all. You can still mag trigger.

I think it would prevent deaths. @Ade

Example: about to DF Baranz, as you swing you get a heal and don't do wave. Just smack him. He launches a ton of missiles, you rip.

But honestly, while I do agree it should have some payment, the drawback to using is a slot usage so I guess that's enough in itself.

I don't think that's enough of a cost, but perhaps my desire to make it more costly is a desire to be vindictive toward those I think of as "snobby tryhards." It's important to recognize when one is being unreasonable (a skill that very few have), so I will recuse myself from further participation in this thread.

[Muffled sounds of Razonde, stunned Ob Lilies and people complaing about Anti-Dark Ring echo in the distance]

I wouldn't want to have to pay too much for it, especially as it benefits the forces in the party as much as the hunters ;p

Mew had always let DF users KNOW how hard it was to resist troll Resta'ing them >=3! Just be known if you use that DF stuff in a quest that requires NO DEATHS...and ppl see your health dangerously low....*twitches*....yyyyeah this ought to get colorful....lol

Mew had always let DF users KNOW how hard it was to resist troll Resta'ing them >=3! Just be known if you use that DF stuff in a quest that requires NO DEATHS...and ppl see your health dangerously low....*twitches*....yyyyeah this ought to get colorful....lol

Time to make an alt, pretend to be new and Wear this at lvl1?
''help me mew''.
(I wouldn't do something so cruel obviously).

I don't think the slot is a huge deal on HUcast. Chances are you'll be swapping it out for a cure unit or PoSS mid-game which is a small price to pay for reliable DFing. I have experienced attempting to DF in pub games and it made me just not wanna play HU for a few weeks u.u

As a >>professional Time-Attack enthusiast<< of the Phantasy Star Online franchise I fully support this addition!!

Don't forget that Mags can heal too. Not pleasing at all when we begin the boss fight and one of the DF user got Resta'd by someone's mag.

Also Battle mode ... I don't need to say much on that.

It's really not a big deal for the best class in the game, but that's whatever. The cool thing about making it a unit (fully support this) is that it keeps it a cost instead of making it completely free. You can still play with the best players club and they can still opt to not heal you if you must free that slot up. or they can roll the fuck outta you and everyone but you will laugh but hey those are your friends!

side note: eugh but humars will have to pay more than a hucast!1 well thats nothing new so i consider it a null argument

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back