Item of the "Week": Master Raven

Mille Marteaux

greyhound bus
Guildcard
Welcome to a New and Improved* installment of Item of the Week! In this thread we take a good old look at an item and talk about how subjectively good it is, or just get mad at our Cast friends for finding Psycho Wands.
*installment may not actually be improved

10 - Essential: Items that are core toolpieces in a character's loadout. They make or break a playstyle and can be applied to almost any situation with good results.

8~9 - Amazing: Items that can be used in just about any situation, but have one or two large situations they can't be applied which prevent them from being the absolute best at their job.

6~7 - Good: Items that have good stats, but have upgrades or sidegrades that fill a similar purpose.

3~5 - Usable: Items which deal respectable damage, but are outshined by multiple other items in their role.

1~2 - Mediocre: Weapons which are usable and have nice perks to them, but have many other much better alternatives available to them which do the same thing.

0 - Bad: Items that, for all intents and purposes, should never be used in serious gameplay.

Niche: Items with very specific uses that are amazing in the right context, but otherwise underwhelming.

Spread Needle: A resounding "Good"
Excalibur: Something along the lines of "Amazing"
Rainbow Baton: Usable
Bringer's Rifle: Amazing
Dark Flow: Niche
Holy Ray: Usable, potentially good

Current item of the week:

Master Raven

Description:
"A heavy black barrel handgun. Usable only by males."

Weapon statistics:
Handgun
ATP: + 380
ATA: + 52
Max grind: +9 (18 ATP)
Special: Lord's
Required stat: 150 ATA
Equippable by: HUmar, HUcast, RAmar, RAcast, FOmar, and FOnewm

Other notes:
Fires three bullets per attack like a mechgun, but cannot make a combo attack.

Stats stolen from PSO-World. If any require correction then let me know!

For the sake of the first replies to this thread making sense, they were in reply to Spread Needle.

Last edited:
spread needle used to be my favorite weapon when i first started.
but ya objectively speaking it's for casts who wanna use it for arrest

7/1o.

Spread Needle fills a great niche in the standard Ranger arsenal, but isn't the solution to every problem, and is generally outclassed by its S-Rank counterparts.

Pros:
-Its speed combined with crowd control give it passable mobbing capability.
-Furthermore, its attack speed permits easy staggerlocking against mooks.
-Unreduced Seize can easily lock down crowds.

Cons:
-Poor range and power make it bad for picks
-Its lack of power makes it slow at dispatching mobs compared to other options.
-Outclassed by S-Rank Needles.

Am I doing this right

Outstanding 5/7

memes aside 6/10, very useful weapon but eventually outclassed by special'd S-ranks

It's good for arresting dorphons and girtablulu but there are other items that can fill the same role. Outside of ep4 it doesn't see much use. 5/10

It's ok to use in a pinch when you don't have access to better gear.

7/10 early game.

5/10 late game.

Overall, Spread Needle would be classified as good. No surprise. Fairly safe item to start out on.

Speaking of safe items, let's do another fairly bland one for this week. In honor of the Episode 4 hit% drop rate adjustments, let's all talk about Excalibur and how much we love the item but hate unsealing for it.

8/8
good shit go౦ԁ sHit thats ✔ some goodshit rightth ere right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Good shit

excal keepin' it 4 mo' than 96 in this b-bTICH

unsealing got me so FCUKED uP tho, i mean whoever thought that up is just straight LAME illin', amirite?

9/10

It's really good as a weapon, but I just don't like it myself, especially since I hate zerking, but that's just me. Still, any class, save for FOneys, can use it if anything.

So where's our next item of the week, Agastya? B)

If you'd like I can throw something up on the Saturday if you don't.

Back