Item of the "Week": Master Raven

bringers is still the best demons rifle for ra as well if you add hit
s-rank is outclassed by non-rares even

800/1000

I paid cold hard PDs for the bringers rifle for my FOmar and am collecting PCs to boost its hit. Its such a good weapon to have a force with hit% to be able to demon's hard enemies. The damage is a bit low which is its only draw back.

9/10 weapon

New iten of the week i'd like to suggest is Vivienne. It's one of the strongest double sabers for females with a nice TP steal special which is great for FOmarl/neys. I'd like to know if its worth investing time hunting a lot of Goran Detonators, or just using high hit charge vulcans for the single target nuke (and gungnir for lizards). I still think it's a great weapon and one of my FOmarl faves back on scht, but i'd like to hear your thoughts :)

I probably can't rate it since I never got one here. From what I know, it's combo-locked, high ATP, its special sends out 5 strong waves in front when HP is low. Personally that's not my style at all, and it has its potential to hurt certain bosses, but the risk of getting hurt just concerns me a lot.
If I did have to rate it now, my Dark Flow rating is 5/10 mainly because combo locked, and the special's style conflicts with my style of preferring safety. However, I'm sure others will have use for it. I'm personally more content with a Flowen's or Red Sword if anything.

too situational, might as well be a TA-exclusive item

4,000/10,000

DF combo locked? what?

after reviewing government's opinions, i am revising my rating of the dark flow to 70,000 out of 100,001. because lets be honest i suck at pso

Dark Flow even locked is really powerful. Its gameplay is unique and can be used to spawnkill most things with a good shifta. 8/10.

kinda strange weapon based on its mst req, range, special, meatbag only, and looks
does it's job i spose
most times aiming for a high hit arrest raygun is just more feasible since all chars can share, no mst req, prolly easier to find with hit

holy ray needs hit imo, it's more valuable to sell to someone that really wants it for looks or w/e than to use it yourself :^)
6/10 w/hit ok trade bait
1/10 w/o hit completely worthless
C:

my vote for next item of da week
the one true king
raygun

Stat-wise it is about equivalent to Arrest Raygun/Laser, with a few difference:
  • With min hit (15h) it has the same ATA as an 50h Arrest Raygun, has the slightly slower Rifle animation but the benefit of Rifle's extra range.
  • It has 180 more ATP than Arrest Raygun on average but it's unlikely you'll use it for damage dealing.
  • It might or might not be easier to grind for a higher hit Holy Ray than a 55h+ Arrest Raygun.
  • 680 MST requirement means it can be hard for certain classes to equip them at lower levels; on the other hand it's equipable early by Forces.
To gauge it's usefulness:
  • Even with V502, Arrest on non-CAST characters is a bit unreliable; one can debate whether it's worth it to bring one around (see next point)
  • (Number crunching) Continuing the last point, say you're paralyzing a Dorphon (32 ESP) with a 15h Holy Ray and V502, the paralysis activation chance is (80-32)*1.5 = 72%. For analysis I used the ATA calculator on psobb.info. Out of non-CAST HU and FOs, HUmar has the highest ATA so we have at best 285/305 ATA with/without RR, which has 40%/53% chance to hit on second hit and 96%/100% chance to hit on third hit, which gives about 78%/82.68% chance to paralyze with NSS and 69.12%/72% chance to paralyze with NNS. Keep in mind you only have so much time before a Dorphon charges you.
  • For reference Arrest J-Cutter with SNS in the same setting has 82.8864%/86.3136% chance to paralyze (according to my understanding of SNS; check it yourself)
RAmarl is the only Ranger that can use Holy Ray, since RAmar has max MST at 668:
  • 30h Holy Ray has the same ATA as a 50h Arrest Laser.
  • Has about 120 more ATP than Laser but you shouldn't be using it for damage dealing
  • RAmarls have access to Frozen Shooter so Holy Ray has very niche uses.
  • 30h Holy Ray's success chance on Dorphon is 72% NNS and 90.144% NSS and 92.696% SSS. In comparison Arrest Needle's success chance is 72% NNS and 82.2816% NSS.
Overall it's a "better" Arrest Raygun for characters that can use it, if it has enough hit to rival its counterpart:
"6/10 Good for HU/FO: Items that have good stats, but have upgrades or sidegrades (Arrest Raygun and J-Cutter) that fill a similar purpose."
"4/10 Usable by RAmarl: it's only used on faraway targets that cannot be frozen by a Frozen Shooter."

Edit: more analysis is required to guage its usefulness when you get a high hit Holy Ray; For fun 100h HR has 92.16% NSS and 94.98% SSS chance of success on Dorphons. Also have to think about what other enemies you have to paralyze; no need for HR if the target can be combo killed with Charge Vulcans.

Last edited:
you math the shit out of it zack2

looked at charts and holy ray with hit doesn't seem that difficult to find here
gonna revise my rating
4/10
hardly even good trade bait :C

Last edited:
A great weapon for non-RA fleshies to use in Tower quests. A high hit Holy Ray + Bringers rifle with V502 + Smartlink gives a FO a much easier time against the Tower mobs. Also pretty neat for arresting astarks, girtas and dorphons in Ep4. However Holy Ray will be pretty useless in ep1. Its mainly just for arrest utility so I think it deserves maybe a 5 or 6 out of 10. Next Iten: MARINAS BAG PLIZ

It isn't Saturday, but it is the start of a new week. Three weeks...??? Barely.

Let's talk about more guns. This game has a lot of them.

Back