Item of the "Week": Master Raven

I've been really preoccupied with this whole "it's suddenly winter and I have no central heating nor warm water so I'm cowering under a blanket and shivering half the day" thing so I've been really lazy about it. IGNORE THAT I'VE BEEN PLAYING SMITE TOO.

I was originally going to just wait for Sunday and let it sync up then, but then I got lazy with looking here. It was probably going to be something a little more niche than the obvious safe and good things we've done so far.

Okay, after about two weeks of nobody wondering when this thread was going to be updated, I now state it is time to talk about Rainbow Baton instead of something that's unquestionably a good item.

Like 3/10. A Charge Diska does more than a Sphered Rainbow Baton on an S-Red's HUcaseal, so even for soloing through poison rooms (or something), there's still no reason to use it really. Unless you're vehemently opposed to sacrificials or really rich and low level, there will always be something to do more damage.

Some numbers I got from Sandbox Mode using the following on Gorans:
  • 50 Dark Charge Diska
  • 50 Dark Diska of Braveman/Thirteen
  • 100 Dark Rainbow Baton
  • Level 3 Shifta
Charge Diska: ~750 Damage
Diska of Braveman: ~850 Damage
Rainbow Baton: ~600 Damage

Charge Diska: ~500 Damage
Diska of Braveman: ~630 Damage
Rainbow Baton: ~470 Damage

Since all Hunters have more ATP than a solo HUcaseal in any situation, there's no reason to use Rainbow Baton seriously. I was going to rate it higher since not having an overpowered Dark Flow here would have made it useful for soloing Desert through heat rooms or so on a cast, but since Charge Diska is better I'd rather just use that...

RBB probably does more damage than Charge Diska on a FOmarl, but she can use Thirteen/DoB with no problems if you're planning to use Slicers on her for damage (same with FOnewm and FOmar).

Rainbow Baton is not about damage, it's about unreduced confuse special. Like using a confuse trap from far away.

It's also worth noting that using heavy attacks with a Rainbow Baton will build your PB, while using sacrificials will not, so that's a consideration for soloing droids who want to be able to use Mylla & Youlla sooner while still doing decent damage in the meantime.

Rainbow Baton is not about damage, it's about unreduced confuse special. Like using a confuse trap from far away.
if i ever play enough to find a GREAT diska, i'll definately use a rainbow baton on my racassy. LOVE confuse. so fun nuking confused masses with cannon rouge!

It also has extended range ~~
To add for comparison, here are horizontal range values (how far away slicers can attack enemies):

Non-rare Slicer-series weapons: 95
Rappy's Fan: 105
Rainbow Baton: 110
Slicer of Fanatic: 115

0/10 because it's ugly

i am not ruining these topics in any way right?

6/10
Well, I just like the way it looks, its decent power, and definitely the Unreduced Chaos. I'm sure it has its uses, and do look forward to having a nice one. Personally it's a slicer for those who prefer not to use sacrificial type specials. Even then, there's still SoF with its little trick that can cut down enemy HP easily, and Charge Diska is ultimately superior in doing boss damage (especially Vol Opt's 2nd form). At the same time, it's much easier to obtain those other slicers compared to RBB, but again, it still has its uses.

There's a reason why i traded my 60 hit rb plus sum for the 60 hit c valcs. Rb gets a 6/10 for me. Like it was stated it's damage can be outclassed from Charge diska or dob

Whats the new item of the week this time? Since we had RA and HU items (though rbb can be used by all iirc), lets go for something FO related :D...or a slicer of fanatic lol

Now that you say it, I gotta be that guy...

I don't really like demon weapons, just aesthetically at least. And not even just in PSO. It kind of annoys me how the best equipment in a lot of RPGs is made out of "evil stuff," i.e. Daedric in The Elder Scrolls. Most of the time it gets to the point where I won't even use it just because of how it looks even if the next best item is vastly inferior.

Like they say: "Only a man can truly hope to kill a monster."

7/10 for simply being a superb Demon's weapon that any class can use. Its long range and being able to use PCs to get it to have up to 50h pretty much explains it. You even can snipe those giant ep2 plants without alerting em (I think) if they aren't already alerted due to the range. I also enjoy it being one of the late-game weapons for FOmars.

The rating would be higher if it wasn't for the fact that the Bringer's has competition for being a good Demon's Weapon (SoF, and RAs have Demon Needles), and if it looked heavenly (I kinda like angelic and heavenly looking weapons over dark/evil ones).

Now that you say it, I gotta be that guy...

I don't really like demon weapons, just aesthetically at least. And not even just in PSO. It kind of annoys me how the best equipment in a lot of RPGs is made out of "evil stuff," i.e. Daedric in The Elder Scrolls. Most of the time it gets to the point where I won't even use it just because of how it looks even if the next best item is vastly inferior.

Like they say: "Only a man can truly hope to kill a monster."

Evil stuff = men? Huh?

Also Heaven Punisher isn't too bad right? That's a "good" item.

Last edited:
I would rate Bringer's Rifle 8.5/10. Not a powerful rifle in terms of raw power, but the special ability Demon really makes it an efficient weapon to RAngers and majority to FOrces. FOrces can take full advantage of this weapon to help with the support of the team and pick off pesky EP2 mini-bosses quickly. Depending on player play style of course. As admiralpit stated, can also add hit percentage to the weapon to make the rifle accuracy better. What you fellas/ladies think?

Bringer's Rifle is 11/10 FO weapon, 7.5/10 on all other accounts. I honestly feel like it's main draw IS that it's a viable FO power weapon, and just a stepping-stone weapon for RAs until they get Srank/etc

Back