Introducing the PSO Rebalance Project: PSOBB REBORN

Fair enough...
On another note... OP VJaya, 55.0 multiplier
2017-02-02.jpg

Reactions: NDW
And Zerk...
On another side note.. there is some text for MESETA, EXP and MISS... there is one that says RESIST but I have never seen it used...
2017-02-02.jpg

Spirit Here
2017-02-02.jpg

Last edited:
Added some details about player progression to the main post. Removed the change-log for now due to the project currently being too fluid to keep it reasonably updated. Will re-introduce it, probably in a separate thread, when the Alpha has been released which will also serve as announcements for each new version as they arrive.

Reactions: NDW
Tripolic Reflector uses the RESIST text when it randomly nullifies a Technique that a monster uses against you. ;)

Three Seals also uses it when an enemy triggers a block that refreshes your TP.

Finished the first draft of the Defence Equipment Rework. Please check it out and give me your opinions.

There are multiple items that I could not get any concrete information on them (marked with No Data if I cant find anything, or No Drop Data if I just can't find where it comes from) please chip in if you have any information on these items.

Here's what I could gather:

Kroe's Sweater
No information available.​

Stealth Suit
Obtainable from "Gallon's Plan" for 20 Photon Tickets.​

Samurai Armor
Obtainable from "Deep Sea Rendezvous"/"To The Deepest Blue -MA4 Venue-" (custom quest?) for winning the first place prize for the first time on a character.​

Union Field
Obtainable as a buying privilege for 100 pt from a team's Master Menu.​

Honeycomb Reflector
Obtainable from Coren the Wandering Tekker on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays for 100,000 Meseta.​

Stink Shield
Obtainable from Vol Opt ver. 2 or Gal Gryphon on Ultimate difficulty.
Obtainable from Girtablulu on Very Hard difficulty.
Obtainable from Black Paper's Deal 2 as a prize on Hard/Very Hard/Ultimate difficulties.​

Weapon's Copper Shield

Weapon's Bronze Shield

Weapon's Silver Shield

Weapon's Gold Shield

DF Shield
Obtainable from Dark Falz on Ultimate difficulty.​

Union Guard
Obtainable as a buying privilege for 100 pt from a team's Master Menu.​

Anyone familiar with Qedit scripting? There is a change I would like to be able to make to Gallon's Shop where I would restrict the amount of Attribute (Native, Dark etc) you can put on a weapon to 20%, Potentially also changing the cost as well.

I have been digging around in the quest script myself and found some likely entries however I am not too familiar with the scripting language itself. There are also hex addresses which I will probably need to use Cheat Engine to research, but I want to make sure I am looking for the right thing first.

If you want to consider it (although probably you were not aware).
The tech boosts only work in a small set of frames (from Dirty Lifejacket to Stealth Suit, and even some of these don't make use of tech boosts).
I just fixed that (at least for all other frames outside of that range).

Here an example a Frame with Foie boost, x100.0... doing 18K damage (such a thing normally doesn't work).
Untitled.jpg

If you want to consider it (although probably you were not aware).
The tech boosts only work in a small set of frames (from Dirty Lifejacket to Stealth Suit, and even some of these don't make use of tech boosts).
I just fixed that (at least for all other frames outside of that range).

That's good, but I was going to make it so Armour doesn't give Tech Boosts as switching them is a pain. Always nice to have the option though, especially for utilty stuff like extended buff/debuff ranges.

It's too bad that Mags don't have a Technique boost field, as then you could just set double Resta, Shifta, and Deband range on every Mag, and then you could bid all of this obnoxious shield switching goodbye, too. For that matter you could just raise the default range of support Techniques so that boosts are no longer necessary, but that would make a bunch of Force weapons useless.

Couldn't you use something like sacred cloth that has a slot for cure/para and copypaste it's info over the other armors in some way to give them a free field of some kind? Brightness circle, aura field, and luminous field have no extras like that to my memory.

All frames and barriers with cure effects are hardcoded; cure units are not one of the boost types you're allowed to assign to other items. You can only do +/- physical and resistance stats that way. Soly would have to locate the code that does this, and assuming it's a table or something, use his DLL to build a larger table so that he could add more items to it.

Back