Introducing the PSO Rebalance Project: PSOBB REBORN

I got the link looking at the page source (that's how I saw the bunch of text in the link).
But yeah, I had the video open since a while ago (obviously can't see anything since its not done).

Finished the first draft of the drop table. That took some doing, and there are still probably errors/weird formatting issues... but its done.

Check it out

I also did a total rework of the section ID system while i was at it, ensuring an almost equal distribution of item types between the IDs.

Check that out too.

Thanks to the efforts of Soly I now have access to invincibility frames!

And, thanks to Fudgenugget, I now have access to the Knockdown HP threshold as well as many other multipliers for base game mechanics such as the damage of Light and Heavy attacks, and the accuracy bonus from comboing!

I have decided on some initial values to balance around, check them out compared to their old values

Sorry for going dark for a while there, had IRL stuff to take care of, and an old friend got a bunch of time off work, and frankly we are in the boring part of the project, which is implementing all the stuff I've already talked about :p

That said I have made some changes it is worth noting here and i would like your opinions on:

Materials have been made available (Including Hit Materials) but at an extremely low global drop rate (1/10000.) When possible material caps on all characters will be removed or made extremely high. The goal here being to have a cool but extremely rare reward which might eventually free up a unit slot. The drop rate is deliberately prohibitive however and you will not need materials to reach any class' max stats.

Weapon attributes (Including HIT) have been raised to 30 (40 for Yellowboze) however values past 20 have an extremely low spawn rate and quests that allow for the adding of attributes are capped at 20. Again, another cool-but-rare reward which will result there basically always being something to work towards: Found a 13 star weapon? Grats, now find one with 40 Hit ;3

The amount of HP/TP Mates/Fluids give has been rebalanced with the amounts they give now balanced around a level 200 character's HP and TP totals. The result being that Monomates and Monofluids will stay your best healing item for much longer and will remain useful even at level 200.

For reference the new totals for both Fluids and Mates are:
Mono = 400
Di = 1000
Tri = Full Heal
Compared to the average HP of a level 200 character (1750) they will restore as a percentage:
Mono = 20%~
Di = 60%~
Tri = 100%

Monomates and Monofluids will also be made far more available at higher levels via drops and the shop.

The ATA difference between top end Non-rare weapons and Rare weapons has been flattened
to promote the continued use of normal weaponry later in the game through the use of specials that are not ATP reliant (Instant Kill, Crowd Control, HP Reduce etc.) There is now a 10 ATA difference between a 12* weapon and the top-end non-rare weapons. ATP differences have not been changed.

The effects of Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure have been greatly reduced from around 50% at max level to 15%. This change will allow for a much better designed solo mode, fairer enemy DFP and ATP values and just a far less spikey difficulty curve in general while also ensuring these buffs remain extremely useful and desirable.

The growth curve for these buffs/debuffs is now a linear growth from:
5% at level 1 to
15% at level 30

In the future, if it becomes possible, I would also like to Allow Dark Flow's special to function while on full HP instead of when on low HP to encourage better group dynamics.

And probably a bunch of other smaller things which I can't currently remember, and will post again here when I do ;3

Materials have been made available (Including Hit Materials)
Did you add Hit Material to the client again? Hit Material still has a slot in the drop data as a legacy from V2 that Sega didn't think was worth the trouble to remove when they could just set the rate to 0 without changing the PT format. You can raise the drop rate from 0, but Hit Material itself doesn't exist, so you still can't get it.

Reactions: Mad
Did you add Hit Material to the client again? Hit Material still has a slot in the drop data as a legacy from V2 that Sega didn't think was worth the trouble to remove when they could just set the rate to 0 without changing the PT format. You can raise the drop rate from 0, but Hit Material itself doesn't exist, so you still can't get it.

This is a part of my long list of things that I need access to but want to change, but that is the plan ;3

Wow, all of those changes. I really wanna try it out myself.

Of course, I have to try to finish the story the way SEGA intended first.
But, uhm, what about TP? I hadn't seen it anywhere.

Wow, all of those changes. I really wanna try it out myself.

Of course, I have to try to finish the story the way SEGA intended first.
But, uhm, what about TP? I hadn't seen it anywhere.

Thanks, and thats probably a good idea ;3

TP is tied to your MST stat, I currently can't control it separately. In-fact I lack information on how exactly it's calculated to begin with, none of the materials for the game I've found so far has included it.

Only other TP related thing i can think of is the fact I rebalanced the TP units to give a whole lot more TP to make them actually attractive as a Unit.

Thanks, and thats probably a good idea ;3

TP is tied to your MST stat, I currently can't control it separately. In-fact I lack information on how exactly it's calculated to begin with, none of the materials for the game I've found so far has included it.

Only other TP related thing i can think of is the fact I rebalanced the TP units to give a whole lot more TP to make them actually attractive as a Unit.

You seem to have forgotten about this thread my friendo
https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/default-player-level-tables.445/

TP calculation is fairly easy even without looking at the PLT. Hunters and Rangers get 1 TP : 1 MST, whereas Forces get 1.5 TP : 1 MST. Hunters and Rangers also tend to get 1 TP per level up, whereas Forces get 2 TP per level up. Just add 250 to account for TP Materials, and you should be pretty close to each class's maximum TP.

With techs being as efficient as physical damage, then what would be the point to physical damage? The forces would have the room cleared before anyone else could touch a mob.

Apparently I did XD

TP calculation is fairly easy even without looking at the PLT. Hunters and Rangers get 1 TP : 1 MST, whereas Forces get 1.5 TP : 1 MST. Hunters and Rangers also tend to get 1 TP per level up, whereas Forces get 2 TP per level up. Just add 250 to account for TP Materials, and you should be pretty close to each class's maximum TP.

This is good information, thanks.

With techs being as efficient as physical damage, then what would be the point to physical damage? The forces would have the room cleared before anyone else could touch a mob.

Techs are competitive with physical damage, they don't have parity with them. Techs are deliberately always somewhat behind due to not being able to exploit Attributes as well as the buffs to attack speed via the battle units. The reason for this being the support nature of Forces and their 100% accuracy.

AoE techs also do far, far less damage than single target techs (Around 1/4 or 1/5th of the damage of a simple tech) and monsters in general have more HP compared to ultimate vanilla mobs vs ultimate geared characters, especially when we are talking about online mode (which is now designed with 4 people's damage in mind.)

So not only will forces not be clearing rooms instantly, no one should be able to do that.

The ItemPT is officially complete~

Now the only major implementation remaining is the ItemPMT which by comparison is much smaller than the other files i've been dealing with.

After that, just minor stuff and waiting for Soly's new server, and an Alpha will be possible.

The the Weapon and Armour sections of the ItemPMT are now complete. Thats basically 90% of that file completed.

With that all that's left is minor implementation stuff and waiting for Soly's server to be ready for primetime.

The alpha is now officially SoonTM

soon™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™

Back