Infinite /modname (more or less)

Would you like to change the name of one or several characters of yours?

• Yes I do.

Votes: 77 64.2%
  • Not now, but I might in the future.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • No.

Votes: 18 15.0%

• Total voters

Zen

Guildcard
Hello world.

I would like to suggest more chances at /modname (without influencing the section ID) because of how much time you can put into a char before realizing its name sucks. Or simply because you like to change its outfit and match a name with it. Or you just change your mind every now and then...

Perhaps a good way to prevent abusive name changes would be to restrict them in the time, like one per week/month or something?

Thank you for reading me.

Lv 200 RAmarl, Roo 1. I'd love to change this. I support this 100%

Maybe once after lv 100 or so, but infinite idk. Maybe have a price to pay so people won't abuse it to troll.

this. i think once is fair...it accomplishes the original intent and doesn't open the door to abuse issues.

I'd back this if it had some sort of limitation like one namechange per x time period, like three months. Long enough to make you think about it and not just write a name you'll get tired of in a minute.

At the very least, there seem to be enough people unsatisifed with their names that perhaps everyone should get a single /modname to freshen things up.

I agree that infinite would be too much.

Last edited:
No admin input makes me think they already decided on no name changes. I know this was brought up during a discussion about level 200 rewards -- which didn't amount to anything.

:(

No admin input makes me think they already decided on no name changes. I know this was brought up during a discussion about level 200 rewards -- which didn't amount to anything.

:(

Also, I somewhat brought it up when they are asking about full dressing room function. They of course later add in the function while removing the name change entry.

1 time a week would be enough to make it not broken. Some other games and stuff have a 1x a week limit and it works fine IMO

I would love to be able to change the name on a few of my characters. My first I named "RAmarl" because I didn't know of the /modsecid function, so now I look like a total idiot whenever I play on it. A month cool down on it would be more than reasonable.

Once every quarter would be ideal wouldn’t get abused to easily. Or once every 6 months. I think this is a great idea.

Yeah, Especially since i wanna drop Alakaboom and be Lorelei full time.

In retrospect, making a username that's really just a pun was a bad idea.

Yeah, Especially since i wanna drop Alakaboom and be Lorelei full time.

In retrospect, making a username that's really just a pun was a bad idea.

i know not many people that wear their real life name as name for their chars...be creative and not a weirdo

Back