Infinite /modname (more or less)

Would you like to change the name of one or several characters of yours?

• Yes I do.

Votes: 77 64.2%
  • Not now, but I might in the future.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • No.

Votes: 18 15.0%

• Total voters

Zen

Hello world.

I would like to suggest more chances at /modname (without influencing the section ID) because of how much time you can put into a char before realizing its name sucks. Or simply because you like to change its outfit and match a name with it. Or you just change your mind every now and then...

Perhaps a good way to prevent abusive name changes would be to restrict them in the time, like one per week/month or something?

Thank you for reading me.

shadow_FIX

ephinea music instructor
Maybe once after lv 100 or so, but infinite idk. Maybe have a price to pay so people won't abuse it to troll.

this. i think once is fair...it accomplishes the original intent and doesn't open the door to abuse issues.

nemo

lobby shmurda
I'd back this if it had some sort of limitation like one namechange per x time period, like three months. Long enough to make you think about it and not just write a name you'll get tired of in a minute.

At the very least, there seem to be enough people unsatisifed with their names that perhaps everyone should get a single /modname to freshen things up.

Dab

pso winner
No admin input makes me think they already decided on no name changes. I know this was brought up during a discussion about level 200 rewards -- which didn't amount to anything.

:(

Yalyn

Yeah!
No admin input makes me think they already decided on no name changes. I know this was brought up during a discussion about level 200 rewards -- which didn't amount to anything.

:(

Also, I somewhat brought it up when they are asking about full dressing room function. They of course later add in the function while removing the name change entry.

Rune

1 time a week would be enough to make it not broken. Some other games and stuff have a 1x a week limit and it works fine IMO

I would love to be able to change the name on a few of my characters. My first I named "RAmarl" because I didn't know of the /modsecid function, so now I look like a total idiot whenever I play on it. A month cool down on it would be more than reasonable.

Peanut

Once every quarter would be ideal wouldn’t get abused to easily. Or once every 6 months. I think this is a great idea.

A

Alakaboom

Yeah, Especially since i wanna drop Alakaboom and be Lorelei full time.

In retrospect, making a username that's really just a pun was a bad idea.

Yuffie

Yeah, Especially since i wanna drop Alakaboom and be Lorelei full time.

In retrospect, making a username that's really just a pun was a bad idea.

i know not many people that wear their real life name as name for their chars...be creative and not a weirdo