Ephinea Christmas Event 2016

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Any questions? Any?

Can we extend event (and HBR) to the 15th (or longer) cuz I'm a greedy fuck and I want moar presents? :eek:

lmao

Santa plz.

I sure will after the event is over, assuming they aren't found out beforehand.

Hey guys. I was going to post it like, a week ago, but I've been waiting for the special present rate boost to go through before saying anything, but since that seems to be stuck in the pipeline due to needed people not being around...

The other two special presents are 20 hit Lame d'Argent and a 25 hit Daylight Scar.

I imagine the DLS is probably disappointing compared to 20h Lame and HS, but our intention was to get some more EP4 items out there since they just don't really seem to exist. Due to a few unforseen issues with community size and misunderstanding how the presents worked, though, very few special presents have been found, and the rate boost never went through because we don't actually have direct power to do that ourselves yet.

Combined with the fact there's been no boosts active outside of milestones, some people have found this event to be rather mediocre, especially compared to last year's Christmas and also the anniversary events. Moving forward we're going to try and revamp the milestones system so that it doesn't leave us afraid to have boosts running during a major event, and assuming Donald Trump hasn't gotten us all killed by next year, we'll try to have a new system set up for presents as well.

I apologize if anybody feels let down by this, but there's not much that those of us that aren't consumed by real life stuff can do about it.

I think Saga got the lame. Just hasn't posted.

The Daylight Scar is 20H.

Also the special presents stayed rare because they weren't really meant to be found. They weren't actually meant to "get more EP4 items out", so I'm not so sure what that is about as I've addressed that before.

Moving forward we're going to try and revamp the milestones system so that it doesn't leave us afraid to have boosts running during a major event

You could always just make them not stack additively. There's no need to completely revamp it (in a worst case scenario, a complete revamp would make milestones mediocre and people would no longer care about them).

Just cap them when they are both together:

Milestone DAR = +25%
Event DAR = +25%

Both together = +30-35% (instead of 50%).

Or something.

This would also probably fix the problem of event + milestone + HBR being broken as well.

Another solution: cap event+milestone at 25% (so if both end up being active at the same time, you're only actually benefiting from one boost), and then give out an item reward that week as well (eg: mag cell in common bank).

EDIT: the second solution is probably easier to code/implement, because instead of having an "Event DAR boost" you could just hit a switch to set the milestone one to "permanently on" until the event ends - so there's no math required and you're just using the milestone code for the event, and there's not actually 2 boosts at all.

Last edited:
So far this week we are only at about 60% of the kills from last week, but we need to get to 98%, 103%, and 108% for the bonuses to take effect.

Back