Challenge Mode disconnect error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abashiri

Guildcard
When playing challenge mode, I constantly get this error and get disconnected from the party and sent to the counter room. There I can't get back into the stages. It happens almost every time I play. The error won't stop happening, and this doesn't happen to other people as I have witnessed.

By the way, I have to ask here because I do not know how to use Discord and I already have an old account there.

An error occurred. Challenge Mode will now end.
-^-^-^-

Last edited:
I've seen that happen if your computer is struggling on running the game at 100% full speed and the game's internal timer is losing sync.

Are you or any of the other players in your party experiencing either frame drops or slow-motion game play?

If this happens too many times in Challenge mode, the game will dump you back to the lobby.

I think this was coded into the Challenge mode quests as a sort of anti-cheat measure in regard to the timer.

Best you can do to fix this is to fix the performance issues you or your teammates are having while playing the game and all should be solved.

Are you or any of the other players in your party experiencing either frame drops or slow-motion game play?

Yes, not only that be sometimes the game will pause randomly due to lag. Usually this is because I have the game on an external hard drive. But the one I have was actually made for games so this shouldn't a problem. Is there anyway to play this game on an external hard drive? I think that is the reason, and it was my original guess as to why. However, I don't get errors for normal play for this game.

Thanks for the advice. The only option I had was to disable my laptop from turning off the drive. This device lags for all software installed on it. It could be dosbox and them same would still happen. Is there anyway to solve this problem? I think this is directly the reason for the DC. Usually on PSOBB the game can handle the pausing caused by lags, but just not on CM.

An easy solution to the problem seems to be not running it from an external USB drive.

I don’t know why you’re making this difficult on yourself. Just install it to your non removable disk and move on.

An easy solution to the problem seems to be not running it from an external USB drive.

I don’t know why you’re making this difficult on yourself. Just install it to your non removable disk and move on.
I have a laptop and my internal hard drive doesn't have very much storage. The capacity is a little over 230 GB storage, and about 215 GB is already in use.
Installing this game to the internal drive would be a waste of space. Since there aren't very many places, CM & BM especially, it isn't really worth it for me to move it to the internal drive.

Sounds to me like your options are to upgrade your internal drive to make it larger or engage in a tedious, lengthy, and possibly fairly pricy troubleshooting process to determine the weak link in your external drive setup. Maybe you can take your system to a repair shop, explain the issue, and see if they can try to investigate the issue for you.

I have a laptop and my internal hard drive doesn't have very much storage. The capacity is a little over 230 GB storage, and about 215 GB is already in use.
Installing this game to the internal drive would be a waste of space. Since there aren't very many places, CM & BM especially, it isn't really worth it for me to move it to the internal drive.
Again, I feel like you’re overcomplicating stuff.

You obviously want CM to work correctly or this thread wouldn’t exist.

I imagine that there is something within the 215GB of data that exists on your internal drive that you could delete or even move to the external drive, so that you could make room for PSO.

I mean, PSO is under 2GB. It’s not some huge space killer and you can figure out a way to make it fit onto your drive. So do it and stop wasting everybody’s time.

Butting in, but I'm not sure the issue is the external drive - it sounds like your computer is too weak to play PSO at a consistent frame rate, which causes you to desync in challenge and get booted. Try moving it to an internal drive of course to see if it helps, but I don't think it will.

Turning on frame skip in the options may also help you keep up.

Per:
This device lags for all software installed on it. It could be dosbox and them same would still happen.
You need a stronger computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back