Quick question - Quick answer

Same glitch. It's not strictly a tech to ATP bug, explained below.

So what happens is, when you hit Vol Opt and it does the screen shake, a portion of damage is dealt to the core. The damage dealt to the core depends entirely on your ATP, and is the same amount of damage whether it's done with a Normal, Hard, Special or Technique Attack, meaning the damage done on the screens is irrelevant.

Furthermore, the amount of things hit in a frame will multiply the damage done to the core on the screen shake. This means hitting the 4 screens with the needle will do the aforementioned damage calculation, but 4 times instead of once, which is why Needle is so strong.

This is the reason things like Red Handgun and Drill Launcher also work. They do minimal damage on the screens, but the damage to the core is calculated separately from the damage on the screens, and the specials do little damage (and Drill Launcher also hits multiple screens if angled correctly).

FWIW dealing damage to Vol Opt's core using only ATP is not a bug: the core has its own damage function that only evaluates ATP, most likely to prevent Forces from destroying form 1 by using Gizonde on the screens to damage the core. Forces have pretty much no ATP in Normal, so even though Gizonde does plenty of damage to the pillars and screens, it doesn't hurt the core. This strategy backfires in Ultimate, but Sega never really bothered to try balancing anything outside of Normal, so the oversight is hardly surprising, especially considering V1 doesn't even have Ultimate.

Not exactly a question, but I think I know why things like Red Ring and Parasitic Gene Flow aren't dropping like candy, despite the huge boosts they should be getting from HBR.

From what I can tell, the math works like this: The DAR boost MULTIPLIES the rare drop rate instead of adding to the base RDR of an item. PGF has a roughly 1.6 percent chance of dropping from Olga Flow. With a 190% boost to DAR, the odds of getting PGF go from 1.6 to 1.744 because the math is 1.6 x 1.09. PGF is popping more because a lot more people are killing Olga than usual, which is going to naturally increase the odds of it dropping for anyone, especially since the game rolls for individual people instead of a group.

The math for RR goes 0.5 x (DAR boost), so the odds after a team with a DAR of 190% beats Dark Falz is 0.545.

For Redria Lavis Cannon, the math is 4.7 x (DAR boost), so the odds after a team with a DAR of 190% kills a Red Slime is 5.1.

Basically, this HBR has far less of effect for things like RR dropping than people think. RR and PGF are dropping because more people are playing TTF and RT, particularly hardcore players and their increased RDR odds. This will inject more RRs and PGFs into the player base than a small RDR increase ever could just through sheer numbers.

For a practical summary of how HBR works, look at the D-Photon Core: if it were additive, we should be swimming in D-Photon Cores because of its inherently high drop rate (for a rare item) being added to even more with an additive RDR boost, but we're not. D-Photon Cores aren't flooding the streets because not enough people are beating OF with IDs that drop it, not because of the RDR rate boost from HBR, like with RR and PGF.

Adding to @GHOSTS' post and illustrate things a bit easier using 190% DAR from HBR as an example:

Base drop rates:
Olga Flow's PGF - 1/64 (1.5625%)
Dark Falz's RR - 1/186.18 (0.53711%)
Pouilly Slime's Lavis Cannon - 1/21.33 (4.6875%)

HBR 190% DAR (109% Rare Rate) drop rates:
Olga Flow's PGF - ~1/59 (1.703125%)
Dark Falz's RR - ~1/171 (0.5854499%)
Pouilly Slime's Lavis Cannon - ~1/20 (5.109375%)

I tried searching but can't find a clear answer on this, does red ring drop in solo mode? I know it drops if you're by yourself in a multi mode game, but what about solo mode?

I tried searching but can't find a clear answer on this, does red ring drop in solo mode? I know it drops if you're by yourself in a multi mode game, but what about solo mode?

can confirm it does, mine dropped in solo mode just the other day!

How much EDK is actually needed to survive Mericarol's breath?

As shown, 112 EDK is still instant-kill territory while 1000 EDK (hacked) grants immunity. I'm curious if there's a magic number at which you gain this immunity?

Highest legitimate EDK in-game looks to be about 225:

Glide Divine - 15 EDK
Anti-Dark Ring - 60 EDK
Dress Plate - 70 EDK
4x Divine Protection - 20 EDK

Thanks!

Last edited:

gg I saw you drop it in a solo game :D

I have a Greenill and a Whitill, what one is better for hunting HG: GULD and what quest is best for this? I am guessing Green in Spaceship, but where would I find hordes of delsabers?

Whitill in fragments of a memory is probably the best.

Is there any way to view the exact color coordinates on my character's hair?

Whitill in fragments of a memory is probably the best.

Is there any way to view the exact color coordinates on my character's hair?
I remember falkenjeff did it with cheat engine way back when

So I’m getting a lot of slowdown in ep 2, think it has to do with the fog. What’s the least demanding fog setting in launcher? I’m on a laptop that refuses to budge off the integrated gpu for what it’s worth.

Back