Creating a Quest with QEdit

It's exactly like the event collision object, you place it wherever and if a player runs into it, the script will run from whatever function you define.

Example:
Code:
100: disable_movement2
ret

You make a Script Collision object with a value of 100 in the Script ID field, and whenever a player runs into that object, they will then be unable to move.

Thanks ^^

It's now been since 10 days i started to use Qedit, and i see a great evolution since the beginning ^^
I was wondering : It's been possible, if my quest was good enough, to be added to Ephinea ( or other server ) ?
I am working since 3 day on a St Valentine quest, and now february is coming so...
But i think it need to be tested by someone else, no ?

Ephinea does allow custom quests from other users, if you'd like your quest to be examined, just send the quest to me and I'll take a look at it eventually with my thoughts.

Nah, language isn't too important.

Though it'll need to be English once it goes up.

Hey,

Does anyone know how to set a timer in Qedit ?

I tried to search how to in the Sega's quest, but i can't figure out how to set a timer...

I've also tried with the gettime, winset_utime,window_time OPcodes but the timers isn't show in game...

Thanks
biggrin.png

You need to make your loop.
Code:
// Call this every time or just every time the person warps (the timer disappears upon warping)
window_time

// Loop here
gettime R1
winset_time R1
// Go back to loop here

There are some "sync"s you need to do in there, but that's basically what you'd need to know.

Could I get some help with Qedit Matt?

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/...e-project-psobb-reborn.4183/page-9#post-52280
From post:
Anyone familiar with Qedit scripting? There is a change I would like to be able to make to Gallon's Shop where I would restrict the amount of Attribute (Native, Dark etc) you can put on a weapon to 20%, Potentially also changing the cost as well.

I have been digging around in the quest script myself and found some likely entries however I am not too familiar with the scripting language itself. There are also hex addresses which I will probably need to use Cheat Engine to research, but I want to make sure I am looking for the right thing first.

I don't think there are any "addresses" there...

You can search for function 169, that's the dialogue... right after that should be the check to see if you have enough items for the selected percent,m the function also selects how much % to add, right away.
(functions 800, 1106 ,50)
pQt0pPz.jpg
Then going down a bit to functions 131, 812 and 1184, you can see the same values as the checks in the previous picture...

mMvXUKz.jpg

Those should be enough to modify the price.

Lastly, you can see in this other picture, functions 769, 1035 and 67, checks for value > 0x64 (100 dec), that's as you guessed it a check to see if the stat would end up above 100... you can modify that value and that would limit how much that specific stat will go up.
57ltleF.jpg

That's about it.
Keep in mind that servers don't trust the client on this stuff, and if you modify it, you'll basically end up with some nice desync, otherwise you have to compile a new server modifying those values so the server emulates it correctly.

Thanks for all the info.

A few questions, what do you mean about desync? If I'm editing the server's quest wouldn't that be fine?

Also the hexadecimal stuff, 64 is 100 right? Does that mean 20 would be 14?

Lastly, If I wanted to remove the last option (the one for 30%) would there be any consequences for that? Apart from there being some code left behind not doing anything. And would changing the R141 in the second check to R142 make the second option require photon spheres instead of drops?

Thanks for all the info.

A few questions, what do you mean about desync? If I'm editing the server's quest wouldn't that be fine?

Also the hexadecimal stuff, 64 is 100 right? Does that mean 20 would be 14?

Lastly, If I wanted to remove the last option (the one for 30%) would there be any consequences for that? Apart from there being some code left behind not doing anything. And would changing the R141 in the second check to R142 make the second option require photon spheres instead of drops?
Basically the server has no way of knowing how much each thing costs, iirc the client sends the amount to take out but "never trust the client".
So it's hardcoded in the server, it's the same with other quests (Momoka's shop item list, srank special cost, etc).
So as I said, if you change that, you need to compile a new server, pretty much.

- Yes, the values are hex in the pictures.

- You can just remove one of the options in the selection, right before function 800.. the opccodes list and switch_jmp (links on them to the qedit wiki)

Though do note that custom NPCs only work properly in One Person Mode, because they have to take up a character slot.

Woo! I'm assuming I can set them up so there's prerequisite quests. I wanna make a story based quest chain. It won't be super challenging, but a supliment to the sub-story following a lost hunter and his friends. Hopefully you guys would like it enough to add it!

How do you go about testing any quest you make? How do you add it to your server? I dropped my qst file in ship/quest/episode1/vr for example, but despite restarting my server, it's not there. What am I missing?

Did you add the quest to the quest.lst file in that folder?

Did you add the quest to the quest.lst file in that folder?
I did not; I didn't notice that. Looking at it, I'm assuming it's just a simple edit in visual studio? Or am I wrong?

Edit: Everything looks to be working fine now, thanks!

Last edited:
Mew's all for creative server exclusive quest that challenge you....But, to the SADISTIC Son of a Bi$%# that put a megid trap at the very end of a long grueling quest in front of the final ruins exit on some particular custom quest....YOU SIR, ARE AN ASS!!!! X'D!!!

Last edited:
Is there a list or images of door IDs (besides the images for forest)? I can't find anything on the wiki.

Last edited:
Back