YN-0117.....ok now what? =3

Angels are devil's irl afaik (or human knowledge) are based of humans or rather demons (or humans being demonic/devilish and angelic). And I'm assuming YN117 is a robot. So the hearts of those correspond to who can actually use. I think it makes sense and should stay that way.

Anyone can wear bunny ears and cat ears as they are just costume for the masses I guess.

Just because one thing was changed doesn't mean it's an excuse to change everything else. The restrictions are nice.

Angels are devil's irl afaik (or human knowledge) are based of humans or rather demons (or humans being demonic/devilish and angelic). And I'm assuming YN117 is a robot. So the hearts of those correspond to who can actually use. I think it makes sense and should stay that way.

Anyone can wear bunny ears and cat ears as they are just costume for the masses I guess.

Just because one thing was changed doesn't mean it's an excuse to change everything else. The restrictions are nice.
Elenor's mag is a very special MAG in the Soul of Steel quest. Without spoiling the story, I'll tell you that you'll learn of YN-0117 first in Secret Delivery and only learn of the MAG and its significance by playing through Soul of Steel's true ending.

Elenor's mag is a very special MAG in the Soul of Steel quest. Without spoiling the story, I'll tell you that you'll learn of YN-0117 first in Secret Delivery and only learn of the MAG and its significance by playing through Soul of Steel's true ending.
Can you get the mag without doing the "Bernie and Sue" subplot for the Ragol Ring?
Or are they inexorably tied together? Confused on this, because DC/GC/XB didn't have the Elenor mag enabled.

The ELENOR Mag was never released on any version of PSO, it just exists in the game-data to allow a story character to wear it. We have just released it through this event for players.

You don't need to do any of the story, the story just explains the existence of the mag.

It's also nothing to do with the subplot.

And I'm assuming YN117 is a robot. So the hearts of those correspond to who can actually use. I think it makes sense and should stay that way.

YN-0117 is Eleanor's activation code/serial number/thingy. You use it to power her back up in the one-player quest "Secret Delivery".

Edit: I love when threads get full of story/mechanical details like this. Gives me nerd chills.

You can get the true ending to Soul of Steel in V2 and V3 as well. You have to tell Sue your name and complete the other quests in the correct order, i.e. the "Sue subplot", to unlock the true ending in Soul of Steel, though, as well as make the correct choices in Soul of Steel.

The Elenor mag only exists for the purpose of the bonus cutscene you get in the true ending, which is why Sega never released it. It's the mag that Elenor's mag evolves into (the one that Elenor asks you to carry around at the beginning of the quest), and the mag can only evolve if you complete all of the story events necessary to bring Elenor to the point where her mag can evolve, which is foreshadowed by the mag "moving" an extra time if you've completed all of the prerequisites for the true ending. Unlocking the true ending also reveals more about the overall story in PSO, the Pioneer Project, and what Dr. Montague was up to before you met him.

You can get the true ending to Soul of Steel in V2 and V3 as well. You have to tell Sue your name and complete the other quests in the correct order, i.e. the "Sue subplot", to unlock the true ending in Soul of Steel, though, as well as make the correct choices in Soul of Steel.

The Elenor mag only exists for the purpose of the bonus cutscene you get in the true ending, which is why Sega never released it. It's the mag that Elenor's mag evolves into (the one that Elenor asks you to carry around at the beginning of the quest), and the mag can only evolve if you complete all of the story events necessary to bring Elenor to the point where her mag can evolve, which is foreshadowed by the mag "moving" an extra time if you've completed all of the prerequisites for the true ending. Unlocking the true ending also reveals more about the overall story in PSO, the Pioneer Project, and what Dr. Montague was up to before you met him.
So no where in the storyline does it say that the her mag is uniquely created just for her? Or that it is a special unit made only for casts? It is just assumed that because Elenor (a cast) has a mag no other character is seen with, that only a cast can equip it?

Btw, this is all just in good fun. When I first asked about this mag a couple pages back, I didn't know about the angel/devil wings being non-cast. I really do feel that mag cells and other cosmetic items shouldn't be restricted by class/race/gender. Weapons and armors are a different story, as the impact gameplay and balancing.

I completely understand that this server is Sega-like (its actually one of the reason why I chose Ephinea :)) so items should remain the way that they were. I'm just reeeeally bummed that I can't use the Elenor mag on my Fonewm lol

Actually, yes, the story says that her mag is special.

V1 has no mag restrictions at all, but V2 added an equip flag for mags, which was used to make Angel's Wings and Devil's Wings only available to fleshies, as has been mentioned already. The Elenor mag is the only other mag with a class restriction, and the restriction is probably arbitrary, in the sense that Sega had no intention of ever releasing it, so it didn't really matter what the equip flag said. If anything, it should probably be "RAcaseal only", because it's Elenor's mag, hence why it's called "ELENOR", as Sega didn't really have any reason to give it a creative name, because they never intended for any players to get their hands on it and thus learn what the mag was called. If you're going to create a dummy mag that will only be worn by the NPC ELENOR in a single quest, then if you're lazy, you might as well name the mag ELENOR, too, and as we all know, Sega loves being lazy. ;)

BTW, regarding mag colours, all new V2 mags lack the ability to have different colourations, because you couldn't evolve them from existing mags. As such, even though V3 added mag cells for them, they will look the same regardless of the colour of the mag you use the cell on.

Anyone know if / what triggers the Elenor Mag has?

I absolutely LOVE the mag cell's name, btw. It's a great nod to those who picked apart every possible avenue of the offline mode story - like me xD

I dunno if this is really the thread for this but, I don't see the problem with making Angel/Devil/Elenor non-race restricted. Cat/Bunny ears was okay to remove gender restrictions on because they don't do anything special and it didn't add any new possibilities for the classes that gained it. People hated Clio for HUnewearl because it adds a new, advantageous possibility (extended Zalure range) to a class that otherwise had no access to such, notably changing game balance. But, casts getting angel/devil and fleshies getting elenor doesn't add anything at all to them except a cosmetic option - there's no new mag stat combinations or PB sets or anything they get out of it, just a different way to look. I'm all for it.

I dunno if this is really the thread for this but, I don't see the problem with making Angel/Devil/Elenor non-race restricted. Cat/Bunny ears was okay to remove gender restrictions on because they don't do anything special and it didn't add any new possibilities for the classes that gained it. People hated Clio for HUnewearl because it adds a new, advantageous possibility (extended Zalure range) to a class that otherwise had no access to such, notably changing game balance. But, casts getting angel/devil and fleshies getting elenor doesn't add anything at all to them except a cosmetic option - there's no new mag stat combinations or PB sets or anything they get out of it, just a different way to look. I'm all for it.
*Playfully taps BunBun on the nose* Yes, it'd be Awesome and all....but Still.... MORE work for a prolly already stressed Soda-samas =(.

Making items equippable by different classes actually takes about 10 seconds of "work". One of the admins with access to the server could very easily do it.

Making items equippable by different classes actually takes about 10 seconds of "work". One of the admins with access to the server could very easily do it.
o_O
W....Wo....Would you guys be willing to make special mags not restricted by character race?
Please? :D

*Throws her tiny paws up in the air* Fiiiiiiiine! XD!

The original stats are 50% activation, 100 PB: S/D, Low HP: invincibility, Boss: S/D.

Hmmm I levelled mine under the impression these were the triggers
but after ~20 tests on the Low HP invincibility trigger (the only one I care about) it doesn't seem to be correct
I really hope this is fixable cause I wanna use this mag T_T

Back