Why do people idle in the lobby so much?

Enuo

Like, there can be 90 players online and an entire lobby will be full of people just sitting in their chairs, standing at the counter doing nothing, or doing random dances with Alt commands for like 20 minutes straight.

My guess is people play a room or two and then just idle. But why? Why not just log off? I think people are in the lobby more than they are actually playing. xD

It's just frustrating when you make a room and will sometimes have to wait upwards of 20 minutes (or more) to get one quest going. Either that or you get a party full of low-levels, in which case you might as well not bother anyway assuming you're playing MA/Fiasco.

People don't like to take the initiative to make a game and so they wait. Once you reach a certain point, you aren't desperate to constantly grind for levels or gear. When that happens, casual lobby talk becomes more attractive. You don't need to join every MA4B game for a V101 when you have like 5 or 6 already. That is when you play a game when someone personally requests for your presence.

Nah I mean when they go afk for like two hours.

I mean, the reasons, and time they're afk is their business.

also there was a time when I was in the bathroom for almost 2 hours. God that sucked.

Last edited:
I always do a run-through of an area (rarely but sometimes an entire run-through!) before I get my 3 other members. Most of the players are already in game. Just make the game, and if you are filled with enough determination, you will beat Sans get your party, sometimes quicker than you might expect. Lobby campers probably are doing something else, which takes more priority while sitting in lobby waiting for a room. It happens.

From my perspective, games or hunts are just much easier and quicker in groups, but everyone wants to hunt something different. Also when you make or join a room, you miss out on the potential party organizing and trading opportunities in the lobby. Possible scenario: you made a Whitill DoB Hunt and no one joins. You gave up and went back to lobby only to find that 3 people started a Skyly MA4C which you're also very interested in.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with people idling. They got stuffs to do. :) If you're struggling finding people for your game, you may want to try to recruit people to it before opening it up.

Well, why wouldn't you? So many sleepless nights just lobbying on PSO, those were the days.

Back