Why do people idle in the lobby so much?

Hi Enuo,

Thank you for writing. Your concerns have been duly noted. Don't worry, you're not alone! There are many folks like you who wonder about the world that is the PSO lobby and how on earth such a simple-looking place can captivate so many players. Much like Ragol itself, where I'm sure you spend much of your time, the lobby, in fact, is a stage filled with intrigue, excitement, and, of course, drama. Occasionally the lobby too becomes a battlefield--one of words rather than swords, of music rather than bruises. Indeed, not long ago I took a rare sojourn away from the lobby to explore Ragol's forest, atop of which I witnessed a brave hunter in arms against a mighty dragon, nested in an ice-crested field. The snowy atmosphere...the ring (or "halo") that shaped the battlefield...I could not help but reach for my quill and recall the intense battle that had occurred in my own home, the lobby, where mighty forces vied for control over the jukebox--The Battle of Snow Halation, as some historians call it.

But I digress. As a proud professional lobbier (I do compete in the international leagues, in case you're wondering), I can attest to the complexities of lobbying. While some players do fall into a temporary coma, unaware of the rest of the world, a phenomenon scientists are calling "AFK syndrome", the lobby idling that both professionals and hobbyists partake in, as a form of expression and art, is far more subtle and nuanced than that. I hope that after reading this message, you too will start to gain a sense of appreciation for the art of the lobby.

To begin, of course, we have lobby chat, seemingly the most straightforward of lobby activities. As a neophyte to the lobby game, it's easy to get involved simply by chatting with other players. This low barrier of entry, however, is not indicative of a lack of depth to this aspect of lobbying; in fact, socializing with other players is an art within itself, and there are many questions one should ponder in this process. For instance, how does the other party perceive what I say? If I share a meme, will they be receptive? What plane of sarcasm are we on?

Lobby chat is further complicated by two unique PSO chat features: Word Select and Symbol Chat. Much like most forms of art, Word Select is almost completely useless functionally, but it opens up an entire world of artistic expression. The careful interjection of a topical Word Select into a conversation can act much like a garnish: enhancing the flavor of the conversation by either complementing or contrasting with it. For instance, the non sequitur Word Select is a classic icebreaker. I recommend the tried and true "Playeris lewd , " or the humble yet dignified "bonsai trees has little experience in ," as appetizers. Keep an eye out for other players sending out question-type Word Selects as well. These Word Selects unlock special answer-type Word Select options, unique to the question proposed, and the skillful use of such Word Selects in terms of timing and juxtaposition separates the good lobbiers from the great. Keep an eye out for Word Select artisan @anime--legends say his selections of words have caused mountains to quake in laughter and rivers to flood with tears.

Just as the airplane did for humankind on the Wright brothers' fateful first flight in 1903, Symbol Chat opens another dimension to lobby conversation. While the beauty of Word Select manifests in its concision and incisiveness, the visual and aural components of Symbol Chats are revolutionary. Some say a picture is worth a thousand words, and, indeed, if you spend some time in the lobby, you'll see such many Symbol Chats that are difficult to summarize in a few words, such as "bee" or "brb time to smoke weed". In fact, it has even been postulated that the writing system of the ancient Chinese was inspired by Symbol Chat. You may notice that every new character is given a starter pack of Symbol Chats to begin their study of this ancient art. While these are great as a stepping stone into the intricate world of Symbol Chats for the budding scholar, curating your own custom deck of Symbol Chats is one of the few crucial ways of customizing your character, expressing your personality, and advancing your personal growth. Start by capturing some of the Symbol Chats that others have generously offered to share. Then, try your hand at making your own! You may be surprised at what you can accomplish in the lobby with a lot of spare time. Users @Colette and @Melirei have each painstakingly carved out their own niche in the Symbol Chat space with their original creations. In fact, @Melirei has even transcended the Symbol Chats of mere mortals; you may spot a rare Symbol Chat from her with markings that go beyond the boundaries of what mankind thought impossible until now.

Of course, you may be thinking, Word Select and Symbol Chat are available in game rooms as well. How is any of this related to the lobby? Well, thank you for asking, and if you didn't think it, thank myself for asking it on your behalf. You see, a room holds four people at maximum, and those people are likely not keen on deep Word Select or Symbol Chat interactions, which is understandable, as they are focused on gearing up or mowing down monsters. The lobby on the other hand, is a cultural hub, a melting pot of players coming from far and wide, making it fertile ground for growing the tree of knowledge so that its roots hold us together and its fruits give us nourishment. Without the lobby to facilitate this kind of exchange, the community that we know today, the bonds that we share, and the culture that we partake in would not exist.

So far, we have covered various forms of expression in terms of words and images, but how about expressing ourselves with our bodies? While real-life motion capture in PSO may be out of our grasp, alt-emoting fills in this gap with aplomb. In fact, character emotes surpass what most of us are capable of in real life, such as the alt-2 backflip, which is inaccessible to those but the most nimble, or the alt-m knockout, which would send most of us to the hospital. Not only do these emotes provide us with a freedom of expression beyond physical reality, they also facilitate crucial nonverbal communication. Some studies have suggested that nonverbal communication composes two-thirds of all communication, which implies that emoting is perhaps as rich a mode of communication as chatting, or richer. Of course, the battlefield is no place for emoting (though the enemy-induced emote animation cancel, or EIEAC, is an emerging, experimental technique), so one can only truly take advantage of the alt-emoting in--you guessed it--the lobby.

Finally, we arrive at the topic of Photon Chairs and true lobby idling. I could write an entire dissertation on the Photon Chair meta and the art of lobby idling, but I'll restrain myself to just a paragraph or two. For someone who has not yet spent a lot of time pondering the role of the Photon Chair idler in the greater PSO-sphere, I think hands-on experience could teach you far more than I could in these few words.

However, I will note that the hidden world of the Photon Chair is not for the faint-hearted. The Photon Chair is easy to pick up--after all, it just takes two buttons to inflate--but mastering the Photon Chair is a lifetime's journey. Finding the perfect position to deploy the chair. Adjusting the both the chair angle and camera angle for optimal viewing. Selecting the right Section ID to coordinate with the other lobbiers. Repositioning as players enter and leave the lobby to maximize the lobby's holistic chair aesthetic. And this is just scratching the surface. I can't tell you how much trigonometry I've done to calculate the perfect distance and angle to achieve the ideal "feng shui", to borrow a common term, with respect to the other chairs and the day's forecast. Of course, since less experienced Photon Chair idlers don't take all the complex factors into account (and I certainly don't blame them!), our pursuit of the perfect Photon Chair arrangement can become quite difficult at times, but much like the Japanese aesthetic of wabi-sabi, such imperfection is not only to be expected, but celebrated as its own sort of beauty. For an example of the Photon Chair meta honed to its finest, look no further than user @NDW. As the myth goes, on a rare simultaneously sunny and rainy day when the lobby is eerily empty, you may catch a glimpse of a troop of RAcasts with his name, arranged in the lobby in perfect harmony.

The lobby is a wonderful place. Out of the over 1100 hours I have accrued in this game, the overwhelming majority of those hours have been spent in the lobby. I hope that you too can find aspects of the lobby to enjoy. For the adventurers out there, there are so many possibilities in the lobby still waiting to be explored! The area around the counter in Lobbies 1 and 2 where most people reside is well-understood, but the far corners of the lobby and other alternative lobbies have treasures just waiting to be found. And of course, partaking in lobby chat, Word Select ping-pong, Symbol Chat art, alt-emote expression, and Photon Chair aesthetics are worthwhile pursuits as well. Good luck out there, and hope to see you around in the lobby!

Sincerely,
Sophie

Last edited:
Hi Enuo,

Thank you for writing. Your concerns have been duly noted. Don't worry, you're not alone! There are many folks like you who wonder about the world that is the PSO lobby and how on earth such a simple-looking place can captivate so many players. Much like Ragol itself, where I'm sure you spend much of your time, the lobby, in fact, is a stage filled with intrigue, excitement, and, of course, drama. Occasionally the lobby too becomes a battlefield--one of words rather than swords, of music rather than bruises. Indeed, not long ago I took a rare sojourn away from the lobby to explore Ragol's forest, atop of which I witnessed a brave hunter in arms against a dragon, nested in an ice-crested field. The snowy atmosphere...the ring (or "halo") that shaped the battlefield...I could not help but reach for my quill and recall the intense battle that had occurred in my own home, the lobby, where mighty forces vied for control over the jukebox--The Battle of Snow Halation, as some historians call it.

But I digress. As a proud professional lobbier (I do compete in the international leagues, in case you're wondering), I can attest to the complexities of lobbying. While some players do fall into a temporary coma, unaware of the rest of the world, a phenomenon scientists are calling "AFK syndrome", the lobby idling that both professionals and hobbyists partake in, as a form of expression and art, is far more subtle and nuanced than that. I hope that after reading this message, you too will start to gain a sense of appreciation for the art of the lobby.

To begin, of course, we have lobby chat, seemingly the most straightforward of lobby activities. As a neophyte to the lobby game, it's easy to get involved simply by chatting with other players. This low barrier of entry, however, is not indicative of a lack of depth to this aspect of lobbying; in fact, socializing with other players is an art within itself, and there are many questions one should ponder in this process. For instance, how does the other party perceive what I say? If I share a meme, will they be receptive? What plane of sarcasm are we on?

Lobby chat is further complicated by two unique PSO chat features: Word Select and Symbol Chat. Much like most forms of art, Word Select is almost completely useless functionally, but it opens up an entire world of artistic expression. The careful interjection of a topical Word Select into a conversation can act much like a garnish: enhancing the flavor of the conversation by either complementing or contrasting with it. For instance, the non sequitur Word Select is a classic icebreaker. I recommend the tried and true "Playeris lewd , " or the humble yet dignified "bonsai trees has little experience in ," as appetizers. Keep an eye out for other players sending out question-type Word Selects as well. These Word Selects unlock special answer-type Word Select options, unique to the question proposed, and the skillful use of such Word Selects in terms of timing and juxtaposition separates the good lobbiers from the great. Keep an eye out for Word Select artisan @anime--legends say his selections of words have caused mountains to quake in laughter and rivers to flood with tears.

Just as the airplane did for humankind on the Wright brothers' fateful first flight in 1903, Symbol Chat opens another dimension to lobby conversation. While the beauty of Word Select manifests in its concision and incisiveness, the visual and aural components of Symbol Chats are revolutionary. Some say a picture is worth a thousand words, and, indeed, if you spend some time in the lobby, you'll see such many Symbol Chats that are difficult to summarize in a few words, such as "bee" or "brb time to smoke weed". You may notice that every new character is given a starter pack of Symbol Chats to begin their study of this ancient art. While these are great as a stepping stone into the intricate world of Symbol Chats for the budding scholar, curating your own custom deck of Symbol Chats is one of the few crucial ways of customizing your character, expressing your personality, and advancing your personal growth. Start by capturing some of the Symbol Chats that others have generously offered to share. Then, try your hand at making your own! You may be surprised at what you can accomplish in the lobby with a lot of spare time. Users @Colette and @Melirei have each painstakingly carved out their own niche in the Symbol Chat space with their original creations. In fact, @Melirei has even transcended the Symbol Chats of mere mortals; you may spot a rare Symbol Chat from her with markings that go beyond the boundaries of what mankind thought impossible until now.

Of course, you may be thinking, Word Select and Symbol Chat are available in game rooms as well. How is any of this related to the lobby? Well, thank you for asking, and if you didn't think it, thank myself for asking it on your behalf. You see, a room holds four people at maximum, and those people are likely not keen on deep Word Select or Symbol Chat interactions, which is understandable, as they are focused on gearing up or mowing down monsters. The lobby on the other hand, is a cultural hub, a melting pot of players coming from far and wide, making it fertile ground for growing the tree of knowledge so that its roots hold us together and its fruits give us nourishment. Without the lobby to facilitate this kind of exchange, the community that we know today, the bonds that we share, and the culture that we partake in would not exist.

So far, we have covered various forms of expression in terms of words and images, but how about expressing ourselves with our bodies? While real-life motion capture in PSO may be out of our grasp, alt-emoting fills in this gap with aplomb. In fact, character emotes surpass what most of us are capable of in real life, such as the alt-2 backflip, which is inaccessible to those but the most nimble, or the alt-m knockout, which would send most of us to the hospital. Not only do these emotes provide us with a freedom of expression beyond physical reality, they also facilitate crucial nonverbal communication. Some studies have suggested that nonverbal communication composes two-thirds of all communication, which implies that emoting is perhaps as rich of a mode of communication as chatting. Of course, the battlefield is no place for emoting (though the enemy-induced emote animation cancel, or EIEAC, is an emerging, experimental technique), so one can only truly take advantage of the alt-emoting in--you guessed it--the lobby.

Finally, we arrive at the topic of Photon Chairs and true lobby idling. I could write an entire dissertation on the Photon Chair meta and the art of lobby idling, but I'll restrain myself to just a paragraph or two. For someone who has not yet spent a lot of time pondering the role of the Photon Chair idler in the greater PSO-sphere, I think hands-on experience could teach you far more than I could in these few words.

However, I will note that the hidden world of the Photon Chair is not for the faint-hearted. The Photon Chair is easy to pick up--after all, it just takes two buttons to inflate--but mastering the Photon Chair is a lifetime's journey. Finding the perfect position to deploy the chair. Adjusting the both the chair angle and camera angle for optimal viewing. Selecting the right Section ID to coordinate with the other lobbiers. Repositioning as players enter and leave the lobby to maximize the lobby's holistic chair aesthetic. And this is just scratching the surface. I can't tell you how much trigonometry I've done to calculate the perfect distance and angle to achieve the ideal "feng shui", to borrow a common term, with respect to the other chairs and the day's forecast. Of course, since less experienced Photon Chair idlers don't take all the complex factors into account (and I certainly don't blame them!), our pursuit of the perfect Photon Chair arrangement can become quite difficult at times, but much like the Japanese aesthetic of wabi-sabi, such imperfection is not only to be expected, but celebrated as its own sort of beauty. For an example of the Photon Chair meta honed to its finest, look no further than user @NDW. As the myth goes, on a rare simultaneously sunny and rainy day when the lobby is eerily empty, you may catch a glimpse of a troop of RAcasts with his name, arranged in the lobby in perfect harmony.

The lobby is a wonderful place. Out of the over 1100 hours I have accrued in this game, the overwhelming majority of those hours have been spent in the lobby. I hope that you too can find aspects of the lobby to enjoy. For the adventurers out there, there are so many possibilities in the lobby still waiting to be explored! The area around the counter in Lobbies 1 and 2 where most people reside is well-understood, but the far corners of the lobby and other alternative lobbies have treasures just waiting to be found. And of course, partaking in lobby chat, Word Select ping-pong, Symbol Chat art, alt-emote expression, and Photon Chair aesthetics are worthwhile pursuits as well. Good luck out there, and hope to see you around in the lobby!

Sincerely,
Sophie

"Wall of lol"
I would be lying if I said I was not impressed by this.
Gold, pure gold.

Hi Enuo,

Thank you for writing. Your concerns have been duly noted. Don't worry, you're not alone! There are many folks like you who wonder about the world that is the PSO lobby and how on earth such a simple-looking place can captivate so many players. Much like Ragol itself, where I'm sure you spend much of your time, the lobby, in fact, is a stage filled with intrigue, excitement, and, of course, drama. Occasionally the lobby too becomes a battlefield--one of words rather than swords, of music rather than bruises. Indeed, not long ago I took a rare sojourn away from the lobby to explore Ragol's forest, atop of which I witnessed a brave hunter in arms against a mighty dragon, nested in an ice-crested field. The snowy atmosphere...the ring (or "halo") that shaped the battlefield...I could not help but reach for my quill and recall the intense battle that had occurred in my own home, the lobby, where mighty forces vied for control over the jukebox--The Battle of Snow Halation, as some historians call it.

Just as the airplane did for humankind on the Wright brothers' fateful first flight in 1903, Symbol Chat opens another dimension to lobby conversation. While the beauty of Word Select manifests in its concision and incisiveness, the visual and aural components of Symbol Chats are revolutionary. Some say a picture is worth a thousand words, and, indeed, if you spend some time in the lobby, you'll see such many Symbol Chats that are difficult to summarize in a few words, such as "bee" or "brb time to smoke weed". In fact, it has even been postulated that the writing system of the ancient Chinese was inspired by Symbol Chat. You may notice that every new character is given a starter pack of Symbol Chats to begin their study of this ancient art. While these are great as a stepping stone into the intricate world of Symbol Chats for the budding scholar, curating your own custom deck of Symbol Chats is one of the few crucial ways of customizing your character, expressing your personality, and advancing your personal growth. Start by capturing some of the Symbol Chats that others have generously offered to share. Then, try your hand at making your own! You may be surprised at what you can accomplish in the lobby with a lot of spare time. Users @Colette and @Melirei have each painstakingly carved out their own niche in the Symbol Chat space with their original creations. In fact, @Melirei has even transcended the Symbol Chats of mere mortals; you may spot a rare Symbol Chat from her with markings that go beyond the boundaries of what mankind thought impossible until now.

So far, we have covered various forms of expression in terms of words and images, but how about expressing ourselves with our bodies? While real-life motion capture in PSO may be out of our grasp, alt-emoting fills in this gap with aplomb. In fact, character emotes surpass what most of us are capable of in real life, such as the alt-2 backflip, which is inaccessible to those but the most nimble, or the alt-m knockout, which would send most of us to the hospital. Not only do these emotes provide us with a freedom of expression beyond physical reality, they also facilitate crucial nonverbal communication. Some studies have suggested that nonverbal communication composes two-thirds of all communication, which implies that emoting is perhaps as rich a mode of communication as chatting, or richer. Of course, the battlefield is no place for emoting (though the enemy-induced emote animation cancel, or EIEAC, is an emerging, experimental technique), so one can only truly take advantage of the alt-emoting in--you guessed it--the lobby.

Sincerely,
Sophie
lmao this is amazing

I am incredibly impressed by emoticon. if it wasn't for the fact you can tell he is an anime fan (yes i'm assuming gender. sue me) I would say he is the greatest person to grace us.

My only concern is. He is busy idle in a lobby of a 15 yr old game instead of writing books. the world needs your colorful expression. Break free from the grasp of photon chair.

The photon chair is my home

Hi Enuo,

Sincerely,
Sophie

Not reading that

I'm happy for you though

or sorry that happened

I am incredibly impressed by emoticon. if it wasn't for the fact you can tell he is an anime fan (yes i'm assuming gender. sue me) I would say he is the greatest person to grace us.

My only concern is. He is busy idle in a lobby of a 15 yr old game instead of writing books. the world needs your colorful expression. Break free from the grasp of photon chair.
But my Photon Chair is worn in and comfy!

I have only just begun to understand the art of lobbying. I see the professionals day in and day out sitting in their photon chairs or vigilantly standing watch over the rest of the lobby from above the desk. Of course there is always the stairs... Quite boring and uncomfortable if you ask me but a popular choice nonetheless. And I often worry about the players who get stuck between the pillar and the counter and start shaking violently. Is there something wrong with them? Have they been infected by Falz? Do they need help? I have no idea. Every time I log on I watch and try to learn the secrets of the Lobby-goers but sooner or later I am right back where I started. Stuck in another quest with random players or mindlessly feeding mags for hours on end. I don't know how it happens, all I know is that I have not yet mastered the art of lobbying. It's time I try again. I will update this post to document my ongoing journey.

Update #1: I spent about 1 minute in the lobby today. I joined Fodra 1 and sat down in my photon chair using the hotkeys that a kind stranger taught me (alt + backspace). I must have made a mistake somehow because before I knew it I found myself outside of the lobby again. I'm going to have to try harder...

Update #2: It took me a couple tries but I stayed in the lobby for a solid 7 minutes this time. I am beginning to understand the art of the photon chair and I am making a lot of progress but my mentor just sits there, silently judging me. I figured out how to sit in my photon chair using a controller and things were going pretty well. I created my own style of AFK photon chair sitting. I call it "chair racing." I sit in my chair and scoot around the lobby trying to complete laps faster than my friends. People tell me this is not "afk enough". Whatever. I went to do a TTF to get my mind off of things and about 5 minutes later I realized my mistake... I was no longer in the lobby. Lobbying is hard... But I won't give up. I'll never give up.

Update #3: I was having a lot of fun killing monsters on Ragol and searching for PD's but my stomach was rumbling. I had to take a break and go afk to get some food so I logged out and made some fish tacos. As soon as I was finished eating them I booted up PSO and once again entered the lobby, not wanting to waste any time. I was determined to make even more progress this time. I approached my mentor and asked for some tips & tricks but they just sat there ignoring me once again. I waited patiently for a few minutes but they just refused to answer me. Clearly I am still not worthy of their respect. I'm trying to afk but I don't know how! The point of this game is to play the game! I DON'T GET IT!!!! I was so angry that I sat down in my photon chair and I didn't even try to chair race this time. I just sat there angrily waiting for my mentor to answer me. I sat there for almost 30 minutes just staring at my screen making angry faces. My mentor did not move a muscle or say a word the entire time. So stoic in his resolve. I don't understand how a person can have the attention span to just sit there unflinchingly for THIRTY MINUTES. TEACH ME YOUR SECRETS YOU SMALL GREEN HAIRED LOBBY MAN! I can't take it anymore. I have to log out to go get my mind right.

Update #4: I was so stupid... This whole time it was right in front of my face but I just couldn't see it. When I was eating tacos, I should have been eating them in the lobby... When I was calming down, I should have been in the lobby... WHEN I AM SLEEPING, I SHOULD BE IN THE LOBBY! This whole time I've been trying to understand how to afk in the lobby just by showing up and spending time there but no that's not it. The way to truly master the art of the lobby is simply to go to the lobby and then walk *away from keyboard* Such a simple strategy! I was so excited I immediately rushed back to fodra 1 to share my newfound understanding of lobbying with my mentor. I approached them and started shouting. "I figured it out! I finally understand the art of lobbying! Aren't you proud of me?" ...... no response ..... STILL NO RESPONSE?! Why have you forsaken me mentor? I'm finally making real progress this time. PLEASE TALK TO ME! .... My spirit is crushed. But I will not give up... I went afk. And this time... I did not log off of pso. I am really afk. I will not be swayed by your lack of approval. I will try again and again until I succeed. I will prove myself.

Update 5: I've been afking in the lobby more than I ever have before... I changed my characters name so nobody would recognize me. I bound a meaningless button to mouse 1 so I can cancel the afk timer by clicking my wireless mouse. I don't even have to be near my PC. I'm letting my mag orders fall behind. I haven't gone outside in months. Sometimes I don't even play pso at all I just sit in the lobby all day but it's not important anymore. I must master the art of the lobby. Nothing else matters. Someone told me that sitting in the lobby has a direct effect on your RNG. That has to be true I mean nobody can argue with that. Think about it. Look at every rare drop ever found on this server. 100h caliburs? They spent time in the lobby. 95h Vjaya? They started in the lobby. 45h lame? They went to the lobby. 70h guld? I saw you in the lobby! If I stay here for longer then I'm GUARANTEED to get a super rare drop too eventually! I just have to spend more time in the lobby!!!

Update 6: *visibly shaking* I finally figured it out! What a breakthrough! *still shaking* If you just jam yourself in between the desk and the pillar you can get in between them and enter a higher vibrational frequency! *still shaking* The players that get stuck here aren't in trouble, they don't need help at all! They're perfect! THIS IS THE TRUE LOBBY! *violent shaking* I'm not really sure how to explain the science behind this phenomenon. *shaking* I'll have to spend more time studying it... My hypothesis is that it has something to do with the amount of hours you've spent afk in the lobby. I seemed to be able to push further between the pillar and the desk after long bouts of afk'ing. *shaking continues*

Update 7: I've started playing other video games instead of PSO while I afk in the lobby. I might as well put my time to good use if I'm not going to be playing pso anymore. I've been using the lobby to look for groups for these games. So far the other players haven't been very receptive. They keep telling me things like: "No craig, nobody wants to spend $125 on Escape from Tarkov and the last update ruined the game anyways." or "No craig. Sid Meier's SimGolf doesn't even run on modern gaming PCs and it's a single player game." or "No craig, we don't want to play a heavily modded online version of the 1997 release of Backyard Baseball with you anymore because you always pick first and choose Pablo and he's way too overpowered. Why don't you just come do HBR with us instead and make some PDs!" HAHA. Laughable replies from unskilled players! They know nothing of the lobby.

Yet... Something is... wrong...

I can see myself in them.

Long ago, I too was an "unskilled player." I used to ask other players to do HBR with me... I used to enjoy the ups and downs of slaying monsters all across Ragol and hoping for good drops... I can remember fondly the haste with which our party would finish a quest and then remake the same game, always being careful to spend as little time as possible in the lobby. A place which I now hold sacred. A place which I now call my home...

What have I become...? Have I lost something on this journey? Something important? Is afk'ing in the lobby truly peak PSO..? Or have I made some horrible mistake... I don't know what to believe anymore...

Defeated, I turn to my mentor one last time and say, "Please, I beg of you! Bestow upon me your wisdom oh great broccoli man! I need to understand what it truly means to lobby."

... silence

but then... a photon chair swivels...

Have I finally evoked a response from the afk god himself?

The green haired man turns to me and utters the most beautiful words I have ever heard:

"I have no idea who you are"

__________________________________________________________________________________

I really enjoyed this as a writing prompt lol. Thank you for the inspiration from your incredible writing @emoticon and thank you @CwTCwT for being the AFK lobby legend. I hope you all enjoy this as much as I enjoyed writing it while afk in the lobby. :)

OH! Did mew fail to mention the one night she had the ENTIRE Lobby inside the pillar wiff her???? 12 Bodies....the 13th was Crono hisself! When he popped into the lobby he was like....and mew quotes...... "WTF?" X'D,',',','',','

Aaaaand creating a GIANT WRITHING AMOEBA of Chairs was always an act of affection~! Not to forget lobby 14 Chair races~!! >=3!

Back