Which items from blue/orange boxes are worth something?

Mad

Guildcard
Can we come up with a list of items from blue/orange boxes (weapons, armor, shields, units) which I should not sell in the shop, because they might be worth something for trading?

I'm thinking of the barriers needed for combinations with Amplifiers (to create Merges), weapons that are used even by high-level characters (with Hit I guess, and certain types/specials/tiers?), and those "random" items that are needed for quests/to convert items, things like that.

(I'll update the second post with items mentioned in this thread.)

Weapons

For actual use
See (will integrate it later, waiting for more input/reviews):
For conversion, with high Hit % (55/65+)
(See also Melirei’s post for ratings and details about which (other) %s are valuable.)
  • any Arms
    (for Dark Meteor)
  • any Autogun
    (for Egg Blaster)
  • any Breaker
    (for Dark Flow)
  • any Calibur
    (for Dark Flow)
  • any Cannon
    (for Dark Meteor)
  • any Claymore
    (for Dark Flow)
  • any Cutter
    (for Rainbow Baton)
  • any Diska
    (for Rainbow Baton)
  • any Gigush
    (for Dark Flow)
  • any Handgun
    (for Egg Blaster)
  • any Launcher
    (for Dark Meteor)
  • any Lockgun
    (for Egg Blaster)
  • any Railgun
    (for Egg Blaster)
  • any Raygun
    (for Egg Blaster)
  • any Sawcer
    (for Rainbow Baton)
  • any Shot
    (for Dark Meteor)
  • any Slicer
    (for Rainbow Baton)
  • any Spinner
    (for Rainbow Baton)
  • any Spread
    (for Dark Meteor)
  • any Sword
    (for Dark Flow)
For conversion, Hit % irrelevant
  • Charge Vulcan
    (for PB/Increase in Claire's Deal 5)
  • Devil's Beam
    (for Heavenly/Technique in Claire's Deal 5)
  • Draw Mace
    (for TP/Resurrection in Claire's Deal 5)
  • Flame Cutter
    (for HP/Resurrection in Claire's Deal 5)
    (if it has high Hit, see section above)
  • Heart Wand
  • Ice Sword
  • King Striker
    (for Mercurius Rod in Claire's Deal 5)
  • Master's Autogun
  • Riot Halbert
  • Seize Launcher
  • Shadow Sniper
  • Shock Saber
  • Soul Edge

Armor

Shields

Units
  • HP/Generate
  • HP/Restorate
  • PB/Amplifier
  • PB/Generate
  • TP/Generate
  • TP/Restorate
  • Wizard/Technique

Last edited:
Didn't the barriers get updated to red boxes or am I mistaken? Was it just a jingle added?

Reactions: Mad
They are red also.

I never played Claire's Deal 5, but according to the guide https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/claires-deal-5-guide.359/ the following items are needed (for different items you can get in the quest):

HP/Restorate
HP/Generate
Shock Saber
Riot Halbert
Flame Cutter

TP/Restorate
TP/Generate
Heart Wand
Draw Mace
Master's Autogun

PB/Amplifier
PB/Generate
Shadow Sniper
Charge Vulcan
Seize Launcher

Wizard/Technique
Ice Sword
Soul Edge
Devil's Beam

King Striker

Please correct me if I'm or something is wrong.

Edits:
  • Removed "HP/Revival", "TP/Revival", "PB/Create", "Devil/Technique", "God/Technique", which are in a red box (thanks, @Antonymous)
  • Added "King Striker" (thanks, @Cookie)

Last edited:
I never played Claire's Deal 5, but according to the guide https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/claires-deal-5-guide.359/ the following items are needed (for different items you can get in the quest):

HP/Restorate
HP/Generate
HP/Revival
Shock Saber
Riot Halbert
Flame Cutter

TP/Restorate
TP/Generate
TP/Revival
Heart Wand
Draw Mace
Master's Autogun

PB/Amplifier
PB/Generate
PB/Create
Shadow Sniper
Charge Vulcan
Seize Launcher

Wizard/Technique
Devil/Technique
God/Technique
Ice Sword
Soul Edge
Devil's Beam

Please correct me if I'm or something is wrong.

Just FYI, the following items are in red boxes out of those:

HP/Revival
TP/Revival
PB/Create
Devil/Technique
God/Technique

weapons won't happen because they are not red box when they are tekked either.

All things with really high hit or really high % stat can potentially be a collector's item. Here's the useful normal weapon list that I can think of:
  • [Charge/Spirit/Berserk] Vulcan/Arms/Diska/Calibur/Gungnir/Raygun/(Laser?)
  • [Hell/Demon's/Arrest/Blizzard] Raygun/(Gladius?)
  • [Hell/Demon's/Arrest] Laser
  • Gush Raygun/Laser/(Vulcan?)
  • (Blizzard Vulcan?)
All items are assumed to have high hit.

For the first set of items, lower tier normal weapons can perform decently well if they have enough hit, but comes with a loss in ATP, and some use them as sort of vanity. Mechgun-series in particular, due to their naturally low ATP, the loss in ATP is generally ignored.

Edit: good area % on this first set of items can also make it more desirable, except for the really low ATP ones.

The remaining weapons are all special-based and ATP on them does not matter much, hence lower tiers are good as well if they have enough hit.

The ones marked with question marks are weapons which some individuals I met consider them to be useful (often in niche situations) but are not widely used.

Last edited:
Generally any Sword/shot/diska/raygun 55h + regardless of special.

(above 50 as shop only sells to 50, and RL no more than 50 also.)

For dark flow/dark meteor/rainbow baton/egg blaster. DF being the most desired.

Note that with current event 'the Scavenger' gives us 50h- 60h weps so probably 65h+ best to look out for.

According to PSO-World.com’s Armor and Weapon Combinations, the following weapons can be converted:
  • Cane/Stick/Mace/Club (→ Summit Moon)
  • Wand/Staff/Baton/Scepter (→ Twinkle Star, → Magical Piece)
  • Handgun/Autogun/Lockgun/Railgun/Raygun (→ Egg Blaster)
  • Slicer/Spinner/Cutter/Sawcer/Diska (→ Rainbow Baton)
  • Sword/Gigush/Breaker/Claymore/Calibur (→ Dark Flow)
  • Shot/Spread/Cannon/Launcher/Arms (→ Dark Meteor)
  • Rod/Pole/Pillar/Striker (→ Dark Bridge)

Are my assumptions correct that
  • it doesn’t matter which of the weapon tiers you use (apart from the required +Grind and minimum player level),
  • the % (including Hit) will be transferred to the new weapon, and
  • the weapons may have specials (which will be irrelevant for the result)?

Does the linked guide miss any weapons?

And for which of the resulting weapons are %s important enough that someone might buy a good weapon for conversion? And for those, is it only about Hit? Can you gauge which of the mentioned weapons with how many percents should better be stored in the bank than sold to the shop?

Edit: Ah, forgot that Spuz already posted something about this:

Generally any Sword/shot/diska/raygun 55h + regardless of special.

(above 50 as shop only sells to 50, and RL no more than 50 also.)

For dark flow/dark meteor/rainbow baton/egg blaster. DF being the most desired.

So that would be
  • Handgun/Autogun/Lockgun/Railgun/Raygun
  • Slicer/Spinner/Cutter/Sawcer/Diska
  • Sword/Gigush/Breaker/Claymore/Calibur
  • Shot/Spread/Cannon/Launcher/Arms
all with more than 50-60 % Hit.

Last edited:
That'd be correct on that last point. You'd collect all those ones for conversions, and then the specific Claire's Deal weapons as well in case you happen to run into them. They'd obviously be non-tekked and generally you won't run into them on Ultimate other than a few.

Yeah. I didn't mention the Wands and what not because, they can be acquired at anytime via the shop as % is irrelevant for stuff like magical piece.

Are my assumptions correct that
  • it doesn’t matter which of the weapon tiers you use (apart from the required +Grind and minimum player level),
  • the % (including Hit) will be transferred to the new weapon, and
  • the weapons may have specials (which will be irrelevant for the result)?
  • Correct.
Does the linked guide miss any weapons?

And for which of the resulting weapons are %s important enough that someone might buy a good weapon for conversion? And for those, is it only about Hit? Can you gauge which of the mentioned weapons with how many percents should better be stored in the bank than sold to the shop?

Its always based around hit but for other % I'd say it really depends on the person and where they intend to use it/them.

Egg blaster: is outclassed and not end-game gear thus being collection. (so the higher hit the better?, other stats only matter if intended to use and that would be player dependant.)

Rainbow Baton: same as above.

Dark meteor: I made mine N/A/H specifically to utilise the special attack on bosses. (Barba/de rol/both dragons + gryphon) as it can be used when lined up straight to hit all targets. Yes, its outclassed but personally it's still very good and fun to say the least.

Dark flow: The most desired and for good-reason. It's end-game weaponry. Aside from a 'high hit %' I guess it has its uses with every %. People have their preferences and I guess 'dark hit' would be most worth?

I'm not great with values, as I don't trade. (#HC-lyfe) But I hope that's helpful.

My opinion is different from Spuz on some items so I'll elaborate:
  • Egg Blastor: practically useless. Some people want it for collection though, and would aim for as much hit as possible.
  • Magical Piece/Twinkle Star/Summit Moon/Dark Bridge: While having % does not affect its usefulness in anyway, some people like to have rare stats on them; high hit or even as many -5% area as possible including hit.
  • Rainbow Baton: On low ATP classes this is about equal or slightly weaker than sacrificial Diskas in terms of damage, and it can build PB. High area % is wanted for this, most easily obtainable from Restless Lion which can have 50% in two areas and 50 hit. Alternatively, some people like it as a ranged Chaos multi-target weapon; high hit is wanted for this. Some also want very high hit for collection.
  • Dark Meteor: doesn't do a lot of damage but has some uses in very specific situations. Ignores manual evasion, and doesn't actually need too high hit to function. Stats are good on these, but I'm not exactly sure which attributes are considered good.
  • Dark Flow: high % is necessary for it to be truly useful. Due to accuracy problems, high hit is also wanted. Basic DF stat is RL caliburs (50%/50%/50%h), stats below this are generally not considered unless it's close to (40%/40%/50+%h) which can sometimes cost less to sphere. For high hit, minor hit improvement over 50 hit is also not very good unless it has good % in at least one area (but some may want it). 65~70+ hit is perhaps where people start to consider it valuable. Very high hit is extremely valuable, more so than any other normal weapons that are convertable.
Also edited my previous post regarding %s on weapons.

Back