Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Gamecube

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Steam Controller

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Other (Specify in post!)

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters
Hey Everyone, this might be really dumb, however i'm gonna ask. Do any of these controllers work just straight plugged in and mapped for PSO inside the game? Or do you have to use Joy2key or antimicro. I just stumbled upon this private server and I want to play but I've been using a PS4 controller and dolphin to play the old Gamecube version and have used DS4 to play with a controller for other games on my PC. Thanks for answering a noob like me.

yeah it's plug and play, game uses old Dinput, people use joy2key/antimicro to setup custom binds on their controllers

i use a DS4 with DS4Windows, works fine natively

DS4Windows is native? I guess Sony controllers have come far. Last time I tried, triggers didn't work, like every other controller that uses Xinput. Or doesn't, shit didn't work on my old Gamecube adapter either without a third party app.

Its still pretty easy to get most controllers working as long as Windows recognizes them. You can just not use triggers on the One/PS4 controller too, but if I'm using a controller for PSO, that feels ... weird.

I personally use a PS3 controller paired with DS3 Tool to make it work properly. I prefer it to other controllers, given it's not as bulky. If I could find a way to make my Switch Pro Controller work, I'd very much prefer that. Still, if you have slim fingers or just don't like bulky or heavy pieces of hardware, I think it's hard to go wrong with a ps3 controller, or at least one with similar proportions.

DS4Windows is native? I guess Sony controllers have come far. Last time I tried, triggers didn't work, like every other controller that uses Xinput. Or doesn't, shit didn't work on my old Gamecube adapter either without a third party app.

Its still pretty easy to get most controllers working as long as Windows recognizes them. You can just not use triggers on the One/PS4 controller too, but if I'm using a controller for PSO, that feels ... weird.

well, if you must nitpick my use of the word "natively", he clearly already has some sort of driver installed to be using it with dolphin, which is what i was getting at. not to mention steam natively supports DS4's now. even 360 controllers do not "natively" work in win7 without drivers

dunno when the last time you tried to use a DS4 with windows is, but i have never had problems using the triggers and have been using my DS4 with my PC since at least 2015.

Got it, thanks. Someone in another thread mentioned that since PSOBB needs to be ran as an admin 99% of the time (which I am) that the button mapping program needs to be ran as an admin as well (Which I was Not)

Can't wait for this to come out at the end of the year. It'll be my new PSO controller too. :wacko:

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 2.39.31 PM.png

I'm one of the 2 people in existence who will actually say that the keyboard is personally my favorite method of control in PSO:BB, but it's a very acquired taste, for lack of a better word.
The default controls are very different, for example the arrow keys acting similar to what would be the face buttons on a controller and having down on the arrow keys being the interact button, but a trade off is that you have easy access to your hotbar, emotes, typing messages. In my opinion the keyboard could either be, subjectively, the best or worst method of control.

Oh yeah quick edit: Yes a keyboard technically counts because you can use it as a method of control.

Then again I'm also objectively the worst player here so what do I know amirite?

Keyboard is just fine my dudes, I use it a lot

even 360 controllers do not "natively" work in win7 without drivers
I GUESS this is technically true, but the drivers get downloaded like 2 seconds after you plug the thing in and work flawlessly after, so it's essentially plug-and-play.

Source: used 360 controller a long time ago on Win7, got a new one less than a month ago on a different install, worked instantly.

have used xb360/one since i started on ephinea, and played on gamecube for like ten years before i started here. opinions:

gamecube controller = most responsive
switch pro controller = most ergonomic, also more responsive than xbone
resta = good
self resta = good shit go౦ԁ sHit thats ✔ some goodshit rightthere right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Good shit

Back