Votes: 21 27.6%
  • Gamecube

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Steam Controller

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Other (Specify in post!)

Votes: 10 13.2%

• Total voters
Right now it's a 360 controller. I'd like to try out the Switch Pro though, as it has better ergonomics.

I use a Playstation 2 with a radioshack psx/usb adapter. The lack of analogue triggers is pleasing
I've also been using a Dual Shock 2 for years. I tried using an Xbox 2 controller for a while, but I hated the triggers. I use L2/R2 for menu up/down, so the fact that the directional pad is in an inconvenient spot doesn't really matter; the pad exists for chat shortcuts, not manipulating the menu while running. The lack of buttons on the Dreamcast controller is a big reason why I never went back to playing that version; having to stop to use the menu is unacceptable.

Used Playstation controllers for years (mostly DS2 until it shit out on me, and DS3 for about a year), but recently switched over to Xbox One. I'm liking the Xbox controller better these days.

But what about

yMtWacW.png

Literally designed for PSO and even has a keyboard for easy typing!

In all seriousness I don't think there's really an ergonomically optimal controller that fits everyone. Everyone has different hand sizes and quirks in movement that you're best just trying to figure it out for yourself.

For example I find everything a lot easier to play with a PS3 controller than Xbox, because my hands are tiny and the Xbox controller feels incredibly massive to me that I don't like using it, but a lot of people much prefer the size of the Xbox controller than the PS one.

LOL. i almost bought one of these monstrosities back in the day. but i decided i would hate it so i bought the independent keyboard instead.

re: this thread? i use a 360 controller.

I use a 3rd party Xbox 360 controller because:
  1. I'm cheap
  2. I like wired controllers because that's one less battery to worry about in my life
But even then, when I'm playing my FOmarl I end up using my keyboard more than my controller.

I use a 3rd party Xbox 360 controller because:
  1. I'm cheap
  2. I like wired controllers because that's one less battery to worry about in my life
But even then, when I'm playing my FOmarl I end up using my keyboard more than my controller.

Use antimicro or joy2key and you will never want to use a keyboard for FO again.

Reactions: NDW
But what about

yMtWacW.png

In all seriousness I don't think there's really an ergonomically optimal controller that fits everyone. Everyone has different hand sizes and quirks in movement that you're best just trying to figure it out for yourself.

For example I find everything a lot easier to play with a PS3 controller than Xbox, because my hands are tiny and the Xbox controller feels incredibly massive to me that I don't like using it, but a lot of people much prefer the size of the Xbox controller than the PS one.
LOOL I forgot about that, I still have my DC kb. TotD, PSO, Dricas, and PSO v2 were what it was used for.

P_20180324_062843.jpg

P_20180324_070355.jpg
Still relevant. Had to get a few replaced, though. Turns out you need to feed them.
Make sure it's a balanced diet and you keep their Vitamin D in check. We wouldn't want them to develop diabetes causing you to replace even more.

Last edited:
I think the Triad offers trade-ins, actually.

the Sega Activator is the only way to play videogames

don't use one they're horrible

But what about

yMtWacW.png

I actually have that controller!! It's great and always makes non-PSO players do a double take, lol. Also, I play claw whenever I use a GC controller because I'm a Peach main in Melee :lenny: It's just the most comfortable way at this point

The Xbox controller is the M16 of gaming. The original Xbox controller was like an M14, the Xbox 360 controller was like the M16 at the start of Vietnam that was full auto before they realized infantry was wasting all their ammo and missing all their shots and the Xbox One controller is like the refined 3-round burst fire option implemented later to save ammo and make shots count...the Xbox One Elite controller is like the M416.
Millions of dollars poured into a single, perfected design for the most ergonomically balanced performance.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone, this might be really dumb, however i'm gonna ask. Do any of these controllers work just straight plugged in and mapped for PSO inside the game? Or do you have to use Joy2key or antimicro. I just stumbled upon this private server and I want to play but I've been using a PS4 controller and dolphin to play the old Gamecube version and have used DS4 to play with a controller for other games on my PC. Thanks for answering a noob like me.

Back