What Games Are You Playing?

Does Resident Evil 7 step back to the roots of the genre, in that it's more about resource management instead of just action packed shooting?

I couldn't get into RE4~6 because of that, but loved the originals.

As far as I know there's some puzzling and resource management but its very minimal, the game tries moreso to cashin on the jumpscare horror game trend that you see all these youtubers play. The "going back to roots" meme was all marketing.

Does Resident Evil 7 step back to the roots of the genre, in that it's more about resource management instead of just action packed shooting?

I couldn't get into RE4~6 because of that, but loved the originals.

I haven't gotten far (just came out today lol). I didn't play re6 unless you count that 10 minute demo on xbox but RE7 is a first person game that feels nothing like the other RE games. I've only seen 1 thing that i guess would be "jump scare"? but that wasn't really the scary part, the atmosphere of the game is really good at putting you into the mood of the game.

I think this review nails it.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/resident-evil-7-biohazard-review/

As far as I know
How far did you get?

Reactions: Zen
lol yea watching a lotta videos of it it definitely delivers on setting a good creepy atmosphere. I heard thats moreso because they hired the developers behind Silent hills PT. It's definitely not Resident evil by any stretch of the imagination but what I've seen it delivers pretty well on being a creepy walking simulator. Take that as you will though as I'm a jaded old school RE fan that hates capcom now.

Also, talking about resident evil...

I cringed every time in the farm area, good lord. @_@ I'm pretty good at RE4, but this is sick. xD

No new games here, I'm between PSO, Warframe and binging out on Disgaea PC, I played the original version back when Nippon Ichi didn't touch PC ports <.< Love that series. Here's to holding out for ports of the rest of them, since I don't own any of the Sony consoles anymore.

Mostly Elite: Dangerous, a fair bit of Animal Crossing: New Leaf, a bit of PSO, and then a dash of Dwarf Fortress here and there.

Overwatch, GTA V, PSO and PSO2. I just bought Final Fantasy XIV so I need to get into that.

Going back and forth between PSO and Diablo II. On my dedicated gaming laptop. I apparently like wasting money.

NieR: Automata on PC

Pros:
Perfect gameplay, beautiful visuals, nice OST (Pascal's Village is great lol).

Runs great at 4K (3840x2160) 60FPS in fullscreen mode (if you're not Alt Tabbing or switching to a task on a secondary monitor).

I LOOOOVVVVVEEEEE the way the game changes from third person rear view/sidescroller hack and slash mode to the SHMUP parts.

FULL CUSTOMIZATION OF CONTROLLER SETTINGS!!

Cons:
Cutscenes are locked at 30fps
Now, I'm not a "PC Master-race" faggot and I don't really care if a whole game is locked at 30FPS (I play PSO on Windows 10 when I battle, lol) since your eyes get used to it during a gaming session. But when you're blazing through the action at 60fps and immediately get thrown into a 30fps cutscene it is very noticeable and kind of breaks the immersion.

Camera is kind of iffy at first until you change the settings to your liking in the settings menu.

4k is available in the option list but isn't fully supported and if you're in Fullscreen Mode then Alt-Tabbing (or switching to a task on a secondary monitor) is weird if you're running 4K, it makes your screen go white. That issue doesn't come up when you're playing 1440p or 1080p though.

4.85GHz 4790k/Crossfired R9 Fury x (though NieR doesn't currently support Crossfire and it's using one card)/2428mHz ddr3 ram

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/10796451

PCMR peeps aren't those with enthusiast level rigs, it's those that bash consoles for petty reasons like "lel 30fps".

Currently playing Ghost Recon Wildlands, actually enjoying it quite a bit. Did pick up the new Zelda for Wii U and played that non-stop. Sure I got at least 40hours into it and didn't even complete 50% of what I could but I already beat it. Will say certainly worth playing even if your not a fan of the other zelda games like I wasn't. Other than those, playing Viscera Cleanup Detail during work. xD

Once June rolls around will be jumping back into Final Fantasy 14.

Back