What Games Are You Playing?

pspromo.jpg
Phantasy Star I (Master System, but i play with Retroarch).
The very first of the Phantasy Star serie.
I never played at the time. My first console was the Genesis/Megadrive.

View attachment 19497
Phantasy Star I (Master System, but i play with Retroarch).
The very first of the Phantasy Star serie.
I never played at the time. My first console was the Genesis/Megadrive.
hope you're enjoying it! ps1 is prob the 2nd best out of the og games imo (behind 4 obviously). never really cared for 3 or especially 2 lol

Currently doing the post-game content of Etrian Odyssey HD. I would definitely recommend playing in "Expert" which is based on what was the original game's single difficulty when it released on the Nintendo DS.
Game's beginning hours are pretty hard but it is one hell of a good time, highly recommded !

(Available on the Switch and on Steam)

GTA V Minecraft Aragami Shadow Edition but most of the games on my homebrewed wii u

Etrian Odyssey's post-game will have to wait because I bought a real gem of a game yesterday, it's called Soulstone Survivors and yeah it's really good, cheap too at around 7.50 € on sale.

Edit: The devs made a free demo, your progress in it carries over to the full game, pretty neat huh!

Last edited:
hope you're enjoying it! ps1 is prob the 2nd best out of the og games imo (behind 4 obviously). never really cared for 3 or especially 2 lol
PS1 dungeon maps.jpg

Yeah ! Phantasy Star I is very interesting. I really like it, and exploring and doing dungeon's map remind me the good old days ^w^

But, unconditionally, my favorite is Phantasy Star II on Genesis/Megadrive cause it was my first RPG on video game !

View attachment 19539

Yeah ! Phantasy Star I is very interesting. I really like it, and exploring and doing dungeon's map remind me the good old days ^w^

But, unconditionally, my favorite is Phantasy Star II on Genesis/Megadrive cause it was my first RPG on video game !

I too made maps when I played PS I, and it pissed me the hell off because there's so little point in actually exploring dungeons when 95% of the chests in the game contain basically garbage.

yes, it's true. It seem that the purpose of these old school dungeons is more to lose the adventurers than increase their power ^w^.

I'll use this as a slight plug xD

So on my stream, I recently beat Tears of the Kingdom (along with all 152 shrines in the game), and today I ended up completing Mother, the prequel to famous SNES RPG Earthbound.

Tomorrow Pikmin 4 is unlocking and being that Pikmin 3 was 10 years ago I couldnt be more stoked.

I'm trying to find something as close as possible from Dungeon Siege, but for now learning how to play DCSS and TOME while feeding my mags has been quite the experience.

I just finished Xenosaga Episode II, and I think it's possibly the worst JRPG I've ever played. Sure it's not totally unplayable like say, Hoshi wo Miru Hito or something, but you have to add the disappointment of it coming after Xenogears and Xenosaga Episode I, which were both fantastic.

It's kind of more akin to DMC2 or Sonic '06. Not only is it a very poorly made JRPG on its own on basically every level other than the music (most of which poorly fits the game itself, Hosoe's music is so out of place most of the time and you can often barely hear Kajiura's when it's playing), but it feels like a total insult to the first game as well, especially after hearing that the Ep II team already had a perfectly good script by Ep I's writer but decided to throw it out and do their own thing instead.

UGH. I'm pissed.

I recently finished the superb SNES-inspired turn-based RPG Sea of Stars, which released a little bit over a week ago. Fantastic game through and through and while it doesn't really do anything new with the formula it takes some existing element from other games (such as timed hits/blocks, from Mario RPG and combo moves from Chrono Trigger. There is a demo on Steam (I think) and maybe on consoles too but the game's available on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series S/X, PS4/5 and Switch. It's free if you're on Game Pass and PS+.

Beside that, I've been playing a kart game based of a mod for DOOM. Basically there's a decades old mod (still updated too) called "Sonic Robo Blast 2", this mod exist since like 20+ years but from this mod, there's another mod that spawned maybe a few years ago called "Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart". It's pretty much a mario kart mod made in the DOOM engine and it runs and play superbly well. You can download hundreds of characters and maps made by the community and you can even play online with friends if you want! There're tons of characters from dozens of series and it's funny to build your own roster and just race!

In fact, here's Rupika!

kart0000.png

Speaking of Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart, you *have* to try Sonic Robo Blast 2 Infinity. It's a mod for the game that's inspired by, you guessed it, Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity and it is crazy fun.

Anyway, apparently I'm playing Phantasy Star Online Episode III, and I may have discovered what fun is. It's been a blast playing it offline and online with friends, even if I am tragically bad at it.

Speaking of Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart, you *have* to try Sonic Robo Blast 2 Infinity. It's a mod for the game that's inspired by, you guessed it, Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity and it is crazy fun.

Anyway, apparently I'm playing Phantasy Star Online Episode III, and I may have discovered what fun is. It's been a blast playing it offline and online with friends, even if I am tragically bad at it.
No way, that's awesome. DOOM is the game that keeps on giving mods that keeps on giving their own mods, truly. Thanks for the link!

i return to this topic to tell you that Ar Tonelico 3 has an amazing story

and yeah thats kinda it, maybe some good vocals? dunno why they dumped game play!

Been playing a bit of FF11, and also got around to playing the Sonic Adventure games, which got me thinking about this game again. I should play more Dreamcast stuff.

Currently playing Star Ocean The Second Story R, which has become my GOTY.
Highly recommended, no need to play the first game, they're very loosely related.

If you really must play the first one though play "First Departure" that was re-released on PS4 / Switch. I must precise that "First Departure" is a sort of remaster, not a full-on remake like "The Second Story R".

Last edited:
Timberborn . Beaver city builder. It’s somewhere between exactly as silly as it sounds, and a really fun kind of challenging trying to keep your beavers from offing themselves.

Back