What are your biggest PSO pet peeves?

full

Jesus that's like what, 200 power materials? Actually in hindsight that doesn't sound that bad, but still, that's a tad unnecessary
My problem isn't maxing it, it's that RAcassies' ATP is too low. She really got the short end of the stick when it comes to class balancing. The better stats androids are supposed to have to make up for the fact they can't use techs or MST gear, aren't emphasized over the gendered stat differences. So RAcaseal and HUcaseal are in this awkward situation where they have less ATP than RAmar and HUmar, respectively. HUmar has more HP than HUcaseal, even. >.>

Hell, even HUcaseal has less ATP than RAcast (1301 vs 1350), likewise with Hunewearl and RAmar (1237 vs 1260). Bear in mind that hunters are supposed to have the most ATP. The difference in ATP between genders is more apparent than the difference in ATP between classes in these instances, it's that bad. And since females have less ATP, they get a smaller boost from shifta since its boost is a % and not a flat number, further exacerbating the issue.

If I ran my own PSO server or were to make a change to PSO in any way, rebalancing the stats would be high up on the list. My philosophy for how stats should be determined is Class > Race > Sex. (And I'm very happy Sega/Sonic Team went with that philosophy in PSO2.) And there shouldn't be these weird anomalies like HUmar not being able to use shifta/deband, or FOmar having higher MST than FOmarl despite females supposedly having better MST to offset the fact they have less ATP than males.

I only brought up RAcaseal since she's been my main in PSO for like a decade now, but she's really just the tip of the iceberg. One of my biggest pet peeves would more accurately be described as character balancing in general.

tl;dr ARE YOU F'KIN KIDDING ME???!!!!....WHO DESIGNED THIS CRAP!!??

SEGA did!

I think a lot of us would actually like to re-balance and change PSO to make more sense and be more fair, but this is a 15 year old game, so the question is whether:

1. People really care enough
2. Would it be done properly?
3. Is it actually worth it?

A lot of us love PSO as it is, and trying to rebalance the game is a double-edged sword, as you could make something better and more exciting, but at the same time you could easily make the game worse (look at SCHTServ's and Ultima's methods to trying to "fix" balance, lol), so at the end of the day, it's best to just leave the game as everyone remembers it, while doing small things here and there that nobody sane could actually disagree with.

At the end of the day, I do agree that class balance in PSO is a somewhat flawed, and while at the highest level of play, some unexpected classes do get some use (contrary to popular belief, FOmar is a more useful class overall than the other 3 FOs in many situations), there are obvious candidates that get the short end of the stick when just playing the game normally.

When taking a hit that deals over 25% of your total HP damage and SHOULD knock you down, but you stay upright because you were in a "stun" animation from another hit, and die because you didn't get any hit respite.

What's particularly irritating about this is that it didn't happen on PSO GC, which means it's something that Sega INTENTIONALLY added to PSO BB to get you killed.

I can only guess this was because the original BB had EXP loss of "10% of whatever you gained to the next level" upon death. (For example, if you were Lv. 199 with only 1 EXP to go to Lv. 200 and died, you would lose 480k EXP, which is beyond absurd.) Therefore, Sega must have been thinking this would net them extra subscription fees as it would artificially lengthen the time it took to reach Lv. 200.

Also, hit respite after getting knocked down is less than half of what it was on PSO GC (on Ult mode). Another dick move by Sega.

So dumb...

Come to think about it, if you were a romantically inclined SEGA designer...and at the end of the day you look over your final design of a HUcaseal or RAcaseal...the slender wrists...the graceful silhouette of hips and curves. They prolly figured the power needed to explode from the tiny servos can only do So much ATP damage...Compare that to the imposing silhouette of a walking tank of an RAcast wielding an Asteron Belt The giggling designer at his desk is thinking POWAAH...at the end of the day the other ppl looking over the smexy design of the skirt wearing RAcaseal asking....
it's Not fair mew tells ya! =P.

Hunting for a v801 since forever (on Redria then, Purplenum now), with Kyu.

Did a TON of MA4B (just 1st half up to the teleporter), literally lost the count, and haven't seen a Pazuzu in ages.

Kyu: "Why don't we try Oran with just Zus?"

Me: "Sure I'll open :D"

1st run, a Pazuzu.

back to lobby, I reopen again with Oran.

2nd run...

ANOTHER PAZUZU

rG2wq8r.gif

seriously, what are the chances? ç_ç

PSO y u so mean?

My problem isn't maxing it, it's that RAcassies' ATP is too low. She really got the short end of the stick when it comes to class balancing. The better stats androids are supposed to have to make up for the fact they can't use techs or MST gear, aren't emphasized over the gendered stat differences. So RAcaseal and HUcaseal are in this awkward situation where they have less ATP than RAmar and HUmar, respectively. HUmar has more HP than HUcaseal, even. >.>

Hell, even HUcaseal has less ATP than RAcast (1301 vs 1350), likewise with Hunewearl and RAmar (1237 vs 1260). Bear in mind that hunters are supposed to have the most ATP. The difference in ATP between genders is more apparent than the difference in ATP between classes in these instances, it's that bad. And since females have less ATP, they get a smaller boost from shifta since its boost is a % and not a flat number, further exacerbating the issue.

So what do RAcaseal and HUcaseal have going for them then, EVP? If that's all then... Wowie... Woooooowie...

speaking of racaseals

RAcast- big, loud as fuck, built like a tank.
RAcaseal - thin as hell, looks like it was built to be used as a robot maid. Oh! This is the one! This will be the tank! (in a game where DFP matters...less...and on a ranged class.)
o_O

My biggest pet peeve is that there's too much emphasis on mass incapacitation and instakills in high level play.
It's crazy that new players have to be steered away from doing what comes naturally because of damage cancelling or just general inefficiency. If I had my way, special attacks would deal hard attack damage, but the success rates would all be nerfed. That way physical damage would still be the main component and special effects would be incidental. Sure, everyone uses Charge Vulcans here and there, but raw damage should matter more.

Last edited:
So what do RAcaseal and HUcaseal have going for them then, EVP? If that's all then... Wowie... Woooooowie...
Well HUcaseal has good ata for a HU, just under RAcast's. She can use guns like duel birds

The aim System, Thats the only thing I truly hate about this game.

It's not a bad problem on gamecube from my experince, but on PC and Xbox The aim has been utterly anoying, I look like a dumb ass some times Truly anoying

Pointless/Unusable special attacks
*COUGH*Lavisseries,Raikiri,Girasole,Decalog,ProphetsofMotav,prettymucheveryrarethatsforcefocused*COUGH*
A sword that shoots beams and can double as a pistol? How fucking great is that! Except...
-it takes hp(probably the only real use it has)
-its weaker then just a regular swing
-its way weaker then a heavy swing
-unless you hit the jackpot and have something like a 35+ hit lavis(hit Raikiris literally cant exist) you wont EVER hit something in ult with the first beam even under high level Zalure's effects at max ATA
-since it doesn't land on the first shot and very rarely lands on the second, you would need to do an entire combo for at least one, weaker then normal, projectile to land
-since enemys in ult have jets strapped to their asses and move faster then even you can by the time you finish the combo their already in melee range and swinging, making it pointless to even bother
-excaliber just BTFO's lavis in pretty much every way
They must of been drinking paint when they came up with this, at least it sounds cool to swing.

Like its been pointed out before by ives, Lavis's special used to be stronger and did hard attack damage. For whatever reason, sega did indeed drink paint and nerfed it. Guldmilla used to be demons special too. I guess it's "balancing". So yea, peeves me too because it looks so cool.

drink paint
I lol'd

The aim System, Thats the only thing I truly hate about this game.

It's not a bad problem on gamecube from my experince, but on PC and Xbox The aim has been utterly anoying, I look like a dumb ass some times Truly anoying
I don't exactly hate the aim system, I'm just terrible with it and look incredibly stupid when I'm spamming the wall behind <insert target> with Demon's ._.

Back