What are you listening to?

my new jam atm looking to see if someone will extend it to like 5min or so

@Matt I have a couple songs I like by the carpenters as well.
Sonic Youth did a cool cover of Superstar I like.
@Jyuki I played that Dance With the Dead and it was great. I let youtube just do the autoplay thing the rest of the night. Love it.

Julie... after so many years, you still own my hearth like no other ever will I guess... I remember listening to you playing that on the piano... its a melody that echos in my mind each time I think of you... :(

Haha I remember those acapellas. I used to listen to Isaac's battle theme from Golden Sun and Chemical Plant Zone from Sonic.

So I learned it's called "Adult Contemporary" which has made looking for music much easier, thank god. I've been finding it much more increasingly difficult these days to find music I like because I'm a big fan of the softer genres but everything seems very heavy these days compared to songs in the past. Feel like a "I was a born in the wrong generation" hipster but I swear I just like this sort of music. =(

(^ this feels so stereotypically gay but it's so good)

So I learned it's called "Adult Contemporary" which has made looking for music much easier, thank god. I've been finding it much more increasingly difficult these days to find music I like because I'm a big fan of the softer genres but everything seems very heavy these days compared to songs in the past. Feel like a "I was a born in the wrong generation" hipster but I swear I just like this sort of music. =(

Haha. I think a persons musical taste can take on many variables. I used to love rock and that older psychedelic rock. Hated hip hop when I was a young teen. Then as I grew I began to listen more to hip hop. Started loving the lyrics and began finding no enjoyment from The Beatles or any kind of rock for that matter. Got into Jazz, Blues, Hip Hop. Discovered Future Funk from snooping around YouTube. Then got to University and needed some study music. Now all I listen to is Lo Fi Hip Hop. All that soundtrack in my vids is exactly that. Lo Fi. Love the beats but ditch the lyrics. I'm sure it'll change again.

I think a persons musical taste can take on many variables.
Yep, and we have to respect that no matter if we like it or not. My personal taste for music comes from the fact I'm a musician as well as a perfectionist, always searching for something new and impressive from a musical stand point. When I hear music and I feel like I could've writen the sheets in less than 1 hour without putting much of an effort, it's simply not worth listening for me (exaggerating a bit but you get the point). Lyrics are not very important to me because if the music's really writen well, it'll make you feel things that sometimes even words can't describe. Guess I can say I "feel the vibes"... :D

Last edited:
@ScoobyDew Nooooo! The Beatles are awesome. Sometimes I even listen to their Pandora station. Some of their individual solo stuff is good too.

Back