Vol Opt Form 1 Glitch

Oth

Needs More Souls
Guildcard
Is it actually fixable or is it implemented in Ephinea because it was present (and never fixed?) in the original games?

Anything is fixable with enough time and effort, but honestly I'd rather it stay the way it is.

If it was on every iteration of v3 (GC, GC+, Xbox) and every v4 server (Blue Burst) Can it really considered a glitch at this point? It can probably be removed but I'd call it a feature at point lol.

That would totally the change the mechanics of fighting vol opt o:

Anything is fixable with enough time and effort, but honestly I'd rather it stay the way it is.
Taking into account Soda's limited time, there are plenty of things that should be worked and taken care of.

If it was on every iteration of v3 (GC, GC+, Xbox) and every v4 server (Blue Burst) Can it really considered a glitch at this point? It can probably be removed but I'd call it a feature at point lol.
That doesn't say much besides SEGA being lazy. I doubt they intended trivializing a whole boss form a "feature", specially taking into account how most changes in general from v3/v4 were meant to add difficulty while also nerfing OP items in v2.

Honestly I find this glitch disgusting. Its so easy to do and makes the first Vol Opt form so trivial that you might as well eliminate it and jump straight into Vol Opt II. But I guess it will never be fixed due to nostalgia+don't make Vol Opt harder reasons.

If no Gizonde glitch, it's easy enough with Needle using NNN combos on screens.

If no Gizonde glitch, it's easy enough with Needle using NNN combos on screens.
That is part of the same issue.

It's part of the game. It's not a glitch.
Obviously something IN the game is PART of the game. Do you seriously think Sega intended the whole first form of a boss to be bypassed without barely any effort? Think again. It used to work as intended, but then it broke down through the subsequent versions and they never bothered to fix it, just like many other parts of the game. This isn't a glitch that actually adds to the game, like wavedashing for SMB: Melee, but instead subtracts half of a boss from it.

PSO rewards an easier time for people who spent time hunting good gear. I don't know what's disgusting about that.

This has been around since V1 I am pretty sure.
Yes that's exactly what Sega intended.
Do any of you have a source on that? Every single discussion of the issue I've been able to find has been since the GC days.
PSO rewards an easier time for people who spent time hunting good gear. I don't know what's disgusting about that.
You don't really need any "gear" to pull it off. v801 just makes it easier for those not in the know.

Honestly, Vol Opt is a joke regardless if you exploit Gizonde or not, there really isn't any reason to address this.

Honestly, Vol Opt is a joke regardless if you exploit Gizonde or not, there really isn't any reason to address this.
PS: We're not fixing it.
A reply, given
And yet it falls on deaf ears
Just another day

It's already been said that it's not going to happen so discussing if it's "right" or "wrong" is entirely irrelevant. If you don't want to Gizonde its first form to death, then don't.

Last edited:
A reply, given
And yet it falls on deaf ears
Just another day

It's already been said that it's not going to happen so discussing if it's "right" or "wrong" is entirely irrelevant. If you don't want to Gizonde its first form to death, then don't.
Discussing if Sega got something right or wrong is never an irrelevant discussion.
What matters is:
A: is it clearly a mistake? (Volt 1 is definitely the most obvious boss mistake in the game)
B: is it fixable? (they couldn't fix it even if they wanted to)

The game is 15 years old. The logic or reasoning behind anything is long past relevant - all that matters is the end result, which is Vol Opt's first phase dies very fast due to all attacks doing damage to its central HP pool through ATP-based damage. Unless you can get the Sonic Team responsible for PSO on the phone and ask them about Vol Opt's behavior with a definitive answer, it will be nothing more than speculation.

In fact, here's my speculation: If they wanted to fix it, then they very, very easily could have. They clearly didn't care enough to do so.

This is actually fixable very easily without tampering with the client. ;)

Back