Tools by Tofuman

Shoot I don't have a login folder. I'll have to take the folders out of the source zip file. I just have the basic structure. I think that's why it's so hard for me is because the game never had any of that stuff as all I had was just the basic compiled structure that you created. I'll have to remember where to place these folders at. The param folder does absolutely nothing. I've exchanged that plyleveltbl plenty of times and it's the one in the server folder that makes the changes. I think the param is just if I ruin any of the files I can take it out of the param. That's where it should be loading though, but it's not. The prs and bin are in the server folder, though I know the prs shouldn't be there. I think that was my fault for creating it inside there. The login_server exe is inside the server folder and always has been. Then again, I downloaded mine from theisozone and probably shouldn't have. When the game installs, it creates the login_server.exe inside the server folder.

I wish I had an install that had a complete install of all the folders, but I know basic players will only need the basic structure, so I can see why it would be like that. There should be a developer install as well as a basic install. That would be pretty cool. But, I know it's not necessary. It's bad enough we already have easy indy developing tools inside of rpg maker or game maker.

I should be able to open def_tables.h with Microsoft Visual Studio maybe. I have a run program that is in there. I think you built that. I click run and it loads the patch, ship, and login, and I can click stop to stop it all. That's actually really handy. If I can edit the def tables, I will make sure to max the levels at 999. Even if I never reach that far, it will be there and maybe someone else would want to continue the project.

Well, this is just a bump in the road. I'm sure if I figure this part out, the rest will be easier. I think working with something that is hardcoded is the hardest thing. I've used game making software before, so I've learned how to place scripts and stuff. I just can't script from scratch. I used to create eggdrop bots on IRC. I also created a wikia page. You can't create wikia pages without using java, because most of it is based around html coding and that always contains some form of js in there. So if I can work on wikia pages, then I'm sure I can figure this out. Once I complete this part, the rest will be easier. See, I have no experience with compiling because every program I've used had an auto compiler in there of some form. Even rpg maker can compile games. But, all that is indy software for indy developers. But, there are some extremely advanced rpg maker games that are modified so they barely even look like an rpg maker game. To The Moon was made with rpg maker. That was a visual novel game and a very good one at that.

Anyways, I'm going to give this a try. I'm sure I'll figure out how to open the def_tables.h file, but I can probably do that through Microsoft visual studio. If not, I'm going to cry lol... I know if I try and open some files with generic editor they come out all scrambled looking or might have a couple - - . . symbols and that nothing else. That would mean hex editor would be the only way. I just wish there was a program to unscramble a hex editor so it comes out in words and texts. But that's probably for security reasons. I'm not that dense :) anyways, thank you a lot. I promise once I figure out what I need to, things will be a lot easier on me. Then when I complete what I need, I can show you the work I've done :)

Ok, I found a def_tables.h file and took it out of the zip folder and set it inside the server folder. Hopefully it will connect. I've been able to open it and I'm editing the experience for the levels. I'll give this a try and hopefully it works. Thanks Tofuman :)

Update: I edited the levels and there were no change. I think I have to do more than just set the def_tables.h in the server folder. I'll try and make the .bin have the same info as the def_tables.h

Last edited:
Level 999 wont work right as there there are areas of the game that handles the value as a byte limiting you to 255. You could edit the client to allow higher but it would also require rebuilding the file structures to store the values as short or int.

Oh, I haven't tried 999 yet. I haven't even added levels. I wasn't able to get the thing working :(

I loaded the def_tables.h file and edited it. It did nothing even when I saved the file. I put the def_tables.h in the server folder and saved it there. But then again, I don't have any other folders where I could put it, so I'm confused.

:( am I missing another file? I have both the .bin and .prs in the server folder along with the def_tables. But, the def_tables wasn't originally a part of these files. I took it from a zip file and placed it there, so maybe that's why. Maybe I need something to point to it?

also, it takes like an hour to move all that file by file. Then I have to create a include folder and server_login folder and find every single file. Why can't I just copy and paste everything? Everything should be preset and set up to where it needs to go. I shouldn't have to add all this random stuff, then have to point the directories on Microsoft visual studio, when Microsoft visual studio should automatically place every file and folder where it needs to go. It should just toss it all there so I don't have to do it all one at a time.

I have the source though. Last time I through the files and folders in there, it said they were not found, then I had to move everything where it was supposed to go. For instance, I placed the MD5 folder in the server folder and I did that all wrong. I had to open up the MD5 and take out the needed files, then go into the include folder and place it there. Nothing is set up right. I have the source file already unless I have a bad one.

No, I have the same one. I just looked at it. It said the files were not there when I tried to compile in the past. I've tried this before. Then I had to place them in different folders each at a time.

If you are having issue compiling the teth project its best to create another thread about it.

Putting this here so people using the plyleveltbl editor might see this:

The HP you put into the class initial section and what they get per level is not the exact same as the number you put in.

The HP each class starts with and what it gains per level is multiplied by a certain amount:
2x for Hunters
1.85x for Rangers
1.45x for Forces

Each entry into the HP per level column also has a hidden 1 added before the number is multiplied.

For example if you wanted HUcast to gain 8 HP per level you would put 3 into the per level table:
(3+1)x2=8

This means a hunter can never gain less than 2HP per level, no matter what you set it to.

After some testing, HP is truncated to the nearest whole number i.e if you have 160.9 HP the game will show you having 160 HP, same for 160.1 and 160.5. Decimals are just ignored.

Classes also have a base amount of ATP and ATA which cannot be changed only added to. You can find more info in this thread.

Hope this saves someone from the hours of being extremely confused I ended up with.

Last edited:
I'm so embarrassed to even be asking this, but I can't find it anywhere with search or in this thread.
What folder do we install the palette manager into? Do we need to do anything else once it's there? Is there a prerequisite addon like with the character reader imgui stuff?

Sorry for being a noob.

I like the Palette Manager - it's really nice being able to use shift and assign extra functions to the numbers. I'm using this together with Soly's Input Map and Antimicro, and it works great. Thank you for making it!

Tofu, I love your pallette manager but I was so disappointed that the alternative pallette menu isn't usuable by keyboard users, just those that use controllers. I think I know why!

When the user holds control or R Trigger, the 1-0 pallette correctly swaps to display the back 10 techs/items when you push to the pallette using your tool. The problem is keyboard users are unable to activate these techs/items. I think this is because psobb is still looking for the keyboard presses of 1,2,3....0 not control + #. This is why it's working for controller users. They can pull up the alternative menu by holding trigger and map a key to the number in question. Since they aren't holding control psobb receives the correct key press.

This could so easily be fixed by updating the keyboard listener. If you make it so control +# triggers all the same tech/item events from the bar that just pressing the number alone does. It would then work for keyboard users.

You could even go further and allow the configure menu to register control+#s as a valid configure method. Then everyone could utilize the full 26 pallette slots without your supportive tool.

A while ago I was looking into that, but I could not find where the game does all the input stuff, however I went ahead and started working in a different thing... setting the alternate palette from the menu.

This wouldn't be of much use for Tofu's tool but in Ultima I handle custom palettes by saving them in a binary file in the data folder (edited through the launcher), which would save me quite some code in the launcher and be more user friendly.

Here are 2 pictures, not much yet and really unusable but I'll get to it someday.

Setting the keys from here, I set the first 3 to 1 2 3 4 5 and 6 I think I did the first one twice
vwRuyGf.jpg

And here the result in the alternate palette
8IvtSLg.jpg

So far:
- Cannot remove alternate hotkeys.
- When the alt palette is selected, the main palette set hotkeys are shown.
- Cannot make use of alt hotkeys with keyboard only.

First 2 are related (or will be solved in the same way, most likely), third one is the stuff you said, which I will probably leave for last.

Thankyou for these tools, they are a godsend.

2 questions regarding PlyLevelTbl editor:

1. How do you convert the new exported bin to a PRS encrypted file? Is there another tool that does this?

2. Did you add the feature to update the client exe?
I'll update my editor so that it updates the client EXE for you. However I'm not sure of the offsets for the older client. They wouldn't be hard to find. Although I'll probably only make my util support the latest client.
I couldn't find this option in your tool either.
If updating the client isn't included, could you provide the offset(s) in the client to change to allow levels over 200?

I'm using a 12513 client, I've expanded and written tnlxp values for the table, and edited the source to allow levels post-200. Just seems like these are the last steps necessary.

Thanks in advance. :)

wait what is this 26 spaces of the palette thing?
I count 16.... is there 26?

Back