Spuz

Without rain, nothing grows.
Guildcard
Guildcard 2

Tips:
  • You can build PB before quest start and 4 way-PB for 81 SD for a quick start. (You can /pk and build with Razonde/Rabarta and then Shooting the FO with MG's, takes 1-2 at most)
  • Don't forget the timer starts at 1 hour 30, so you have to beat it with 30 minutes left!
  • If possible use VC to make communication much easier.
  • Make sure to stock up and go over what gear you may need beforehand.
  • You do not need to wait for everyone at bosses, the first 3 bosses can be dealt with by the rushing group.
  • You can pipe, so if you are in 2 groups and SD runs out, the FO can get piped back and forth quickly.
  • Bring an ADR, Dress Plate, or whatever you are currently using to avoid Lilly meg id as this can cause you to lose your 81 SD preemptively (Also Sorcs later).
  • Bring Scape Dolls if you have a room just in case you die while alone.
  • Listen for the open door/room end sound effect, this will happen after the door opens AND after you clear the extra bunch of spawns, the second sound indicates you have cleared the room.
  • Make sure not to have full inventory when talking to Irene to collect your ring as you may not receive the item.
  • There is an onscreen kill-counter that displays every ''2 minutes'' after a sound effect is played. Assuming you have enough time it's good to wait in the last room before fighting Falz to check you have 1054 kills (Falz being 1055). If you do not have 1054 then you missed some.

Count Format:
The format in which the numbers are displayed are as follows-
  • Only number: Amount required to open door or finish room.
  • First number: Amount required to open door.
  • Second number: Amount that spawns after the door has opened.
  • Bracketed number: Special Requirement for spawn such as braking boxes or running into the room, see the info spoilers below each area pic for more details.
Routes to take:
There are a few ways you can split your route depending on your party set up but I recommend splitting into 2 groups of 2. The first group takes the main route only and rushes, killing the spawns that open doors only and going ahead, the other 2 are on clean up duty, doing all the split routes and finishing of spawns that are left in rooms. If the rushing group gets too far ahead, make sure to communicate this. Ideally, something like 2 casts and 2 SD users in the party would be ideal, one for each group. The most experienced/knowledgeable players in TE should be on clean up.

For more info on routes see the route info spoilers under each map.

Maps:
xzAOnl0.png

+9, +19
+14, (+7) - Smash Boxes and walk over box location.
(+2) - Walk into the room.
+13, +27
+8, +7
(+5) - Walk into the area, smash boxes and walk over box location.
+19
(+6) - Spawn by walking up to or beyond the laser fence.
+35, (+5) - Spawns by walking up to or beyond the laser fence.
+8, +10
(+2) - Break the box in this location.
(+5) - Break the boxes in the corner.
5nXQIzY.png

The easiest area that requires no one grouped up, you can pretty much all split up and cover everything faster solo, especially with lvl 81 SD. Most of you will know this area through Hilde hunting anyways.
5nfENjN.png

+15, (+1) - Spawns after warping back to the start and opening the door.
+13, (+2) - Spawns after opening door, breaking boxes and walking over box location.
+20
+9
+22, +33
+17
+12
+22
+14
+4, (+7) - Spawns after leaving via the warp to the east.
+7
+10
+14
KD5S3hV.png

You can split 1+1+1+1 in caves here instead of 2+1+1, depending on your team setup/experience etc. It's a tad riskier but more optimal.
Your total here should be (-64) as Canadine clones from rings do not go towards the total count but are included in this map as a requirement to kill, see the extra enemy info spoiler below for more details.
ImHxiY9.png

+11, +27
+23, +42
+13, (+8) - Spawns after walking in the room with boxes (the route map says the boxes are required but they actually are not needed to be smashed).
+6, (+9) - Spawns after breaking boxes in the west door and walking over the box location.
+8
+12, +8
+16, +6
(+1) - Requires (located south) a laser fence switch to access a button switch to open the door, smash boxes so you can walk in.
+5, +10
(+3) - This spawns from walking near the door of their room, on the route map below you can see the yellow split line doesn't walk straight from switch to switch but goes towards the door somewhat. These enemies can be shot from across the gap in the big room or you can walk in when doing the switches, your choice.
+43, +40
+18
5Yc57gK.png

1. As mentioned in the count info spoiler there is a +3 spawn that requires you to run over a certain spot on the floor located near the switch/door. If you simply press the 2 switches you may miss the trigger spot, so the map has the yellow split route showing you need to walk near the door before the second switch in order to trigger that +3.

2. In the room that connects to the boss, there is a timed laser switch. This requires 2 people as the timer is short. There is also a switch on the other side of the laser which opens up the laser indefinitely. This second switch however will do nothing if you press it too fast (while the timer is still going from the first), make sure to wait a few seconds for the timer to end before pressing.
boilmOZ.png

+8, +20
+18, +20, (+9) - Will spawn after you warp back here later.
+20, +9, (+16) - Will spawn after you warp back here later.
+14
+8
+7, +10
+8
+17
+5, +9
+17
+9, +8
+44
+10
+6
+12, +12
Separate waves in the same final room:
+1, +12
+14
+14
+1, +15
GfJEg3i.png

There is a split where you can warp towards the boss strip faster (displays as Optimal but not required) but if your party has little knowledge or experience, lacks power etc you can just all do the main route together.
ewN5h2t.png

vmY9uOL.png

Credit to @Infy for the design of the Button/laser picture, way better than what I originally made.
Each Area Total:
Displays as~

201 (202)
424 (425)
672 (674) ~ Yes Vol Opt Displays as 2 kills on the counter.
1054 (1055)

Actual Total Enemies in quest: 1119 (+7 hidden ruins enemies)
If you solo you will miss 18 enemies in Mines 2 (Timer switch to dark room) and end with a total of 1036/1037 Before/After Falz.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Enemy Info:

64 Canadines/8 Cananes are clones (9x8 rings) and only count as 1 Kill per ring.
As with these Canadines, any other form of Clone does not count as extra kills, such as splitting Slimes, splitting Bulclaws, Sorcerer Crystals, Monmoths, Sinow Duplicates etc. Dubswitchs however do go towards the count.

The total kill displayed adds +7 more enemies to Ruins total (373+7+1) because this includes 7 Death Gunners (a special enemy you do not see).
There is also an extra Chaos Bringer on the wiki counts which is not in the quest because he does not spawn.

A full play-through:
COMING SOON

Last edited:
Just realized I forgot to check how long the timer is and left ''CHECK IN-GAME TIMER'' in tips. I Will edit that when home.

Edit: 2 minutes, and added.

Last edited:
Amazing! This guide will help out a lot to everyone wanting to get the anti-dark ring! Thank you!
I think its worth mentioning a bit more info about the timed switch at the mines, since it tripped me the first time i went thru, one person has to take the timed switch and the second goes though the barrier and toggle the switch AFTER the timer ends, i made the mistake of toggling the switch before the timer ended and it reset the switch which i didnt notice.

Amazing! This guide will help out a lot to everyone wanting to get the anti-dark ring! Thank you!
I think its worth mentioning a bit more info about the timed switch at the mines, since it tripped me the first time i went thru, one person has to take the timed switch and the second goes though the barrier and toggle the switch AFTER the timer ends, i made the mistake of toggling the switch before the timer ended and it reset the switch which i didnt notice.

Thank you for the input, I was actually meant to mention but memory slip I guess haha. I'll add that in tonight when home!

Edit: This is done & added a note for the forest, then split each areas route info

Last edited:
While caves optimal pathways can be argued, i think it would be better for caves if you actually split 4-ways, with only one person taking the red route, one taking the left "2" teleport, one taking the right "2" teleport, and one taking the "1" teleport then going to assist red route. At least in my TE runs, the two on red route end up getting together before the end room, and i think it allows the blue route in your map to be finished faster.

For forest, i think you forgot to include the red gate on the map.

For mines, your yellow split pathway includes going into the healing ring room, but i dont think its actually necessary.

For ruins, i think you accidentally compressed too far as the text is hard to read, also id mark the yellow split route as 'optional split route' as the switch is only necessary to open the skip teleport.

Also maybe perhaps include the images per area together, so the forest images for enemy spawns and pathways are in the same collapsible. This would make it easier to refer to mid-run for less experienced users i think.

All in all i think its a great guide though and will def will see if i can get my clan out for a run for the ADR!

While caves optimal pathways can be argued, i think it would be better for caves if you actually split 4-ways, with only one person taking the red route, one taking the left "2" teleport, one taking the right "2" teleport, and one taking the "1" teleport then going to assist red route. At least in my TE runs, the two on red route end up getting together before the end room, and i think it allows the blue route in your map to be finished faster.
Yes, I agree with this, in theory, it would be faster since your 4way SD should last to the start of mines, but this depends on the team setup. Sometimes the FO is low level or not endgame geared (just here because they have 30 SDJZ and Glide basically) and cannot solo, sometimes people die from megid and have to get piped to others causing backtracking etc, sometimes some players lack knowledge and have no idea what to do and miss enemies. Being 2+2 (2+1+1) means you can avoid most of this even if it takes a little more time. This is the reason why it is suggested. Ofc if your group setup or group knowledge allows for you to do different routes more efficiently then that is up to you and your groups. It's always good to see people do things differently and try things out!

For forest, i think you forgot to include the red gate on the map.
What red gate? there is no red gate blocking you from doing any of the forest. If you mean the laser switch and fence in the room with the first warp this is not a requirement, the +5 spawns can be spawned simply by running up to the fence, this is why it is not included. Only the purple laser fence is required to get past as it has a switch to access the above room.

For mines, your yellow split pathway includes going into the healing ring room, but i dont think its actually necessary.
Correct it is not, I will edit this out later.

For ruins, i think you accidentally compressed too far as the text is hard to read, also id mark the yellow split route as 'optional split route' as the switch is only necessary to open the skip teleport.
There is no compression, that's just how I made them in paint, but I can make the words ''laser room'' and ''buttons'' bigger if they are too small. I shall add the word Optimal next to the yellow split, sure.

Also maybe perhaps include the images per area together, so the forest images for enemy spawns and pathways are in the same collapsible. This would make it easier to refer to mid-run for less experienced users i think.
Sure, why not, I can tweak the thread a little.

All in all i think its a great guide though and will def will see if i can get my clan out for a run for the ADR!
Thank you for all the input!

-----------------------------------------
EDIT: All these changes have been made, hope this is to your satisfaction.

I also changed two other things that I noticed:
1. In mines there was a +5, +13 room (the S-shaped room), but this was wrong. The +5 would open the first door but not the second in the hallway, thus all kills are required to ''open door'' and thus I changed it to +18.

2. In mines there is a yellow split route where you get 2 switches (to get access to a box room with a single sinow). Here I changed the path to walk towards the door next to the switch (instead of straight towards the second switch). This is because the spawn trigger for the +3 in the room next to these switches is on the floor there and gets missed sometimes if you do not walk close enough. Notes on this have been reflected in Counts/Route spoilers.

Last edited:
Back