Summer Scavenger Event

@Ade I think this is intended to be a "mini-event", and that's why it isn't as wide-ranging as past events.

I do wish a few less quests were excluded (PROSPECTIVE HORIZON, LDS, GDVD), but this also encourages players to play quests they might not normally play. I'm excited to search for SKYLY BADGE

The quest exclusions for the event were to make it so that people had to play different quests to find out where the badges are, instead of just spamming Max Attacks which span all areas, or a quest which basically has a lot of every single enemy in an area.

If you don't like the event, you don't have to play it. The normal game is still there.

The quest exclusions for the event were to make it so that people had to play different quests to find out where the badges are, instead of just spamming Max Attacks which span all areas, or a quest which basically has a lot of every single enemy in an area.

If you don't like the event, you don't have to play it. The normal game is still there.

Understood. But I think there's a difference between "different" and "inferior" quests. Certain content simply became obsolete over time. It's okay to leave it there in case someone is newer or they want to experience it, but I don't think players want to have inferior quests "forced" on them. (By "forced," I mean "in order to participate in the Event." I realize it's possible to ignore the Event.)

However, if a player looks at an Event and does not see a benefit over regular play, perhaps the parameters of the Event need to be revisited. The Event is supposed to be something special that goes above and beyond the level of progression the game normally provides, not equal or possibly worse.

I believe this server takes sufficient measures to avoid that. Removing content from an Event is the opposite. I know what power creep is. No need to be condescending toward me =/

I'm going to leave it at this because my tendency to argue a point to its end, which used to be proper argumentation, is seen as insubordination or aggression. I'm happy to offer input, but nobody seems to want it.

Last edited:
So Matt, what you're saying is that whatever badges we find right now might be irrelevant later on since things needed to be shifted around? I've already found one but I don't want to start spreading misinformation if its going to be wrong tomorrow or even later tonight.

Yes the drops have been shifted around due to the error in handling of said drops. They will be different once the fix gets pushed through. We're waiting on Sodaboy.

Oh, I just realized something: If only one ID Badge drops per area, then we might already be able to exclude enemies that show up in multiple areas, like Delbiters (CCA and Seabed) and Lizards (Crater and Sub Deserst), to drop ID Badges. These enemies drop the same stuff (rares, ateast) regardless of the area they are found in, after all, so any Badges from them would drop in more than one area.

Maybe Temple doesn't drop badges not because is easy -Forest isn't excluded- but because it has mobs from Ruines Ep1 and Forest Ep1.

Edit. Lol forgot about Crimson Assassin: Also Caves Ep1.

It's all fine now, everything's been fixed so no need to worry.

If the following were found, they were moved:

Viridia, Purplenum, Redria or Yellowboze.

Rest are exactly where they are. If you found any badges you can keep them since that an error on my part (accidently uploaded the wrong file). They'll also only drop on their respective ID this time.

Temple is exempt because there's 11 areas and 10 IDs. Not for any other reason; enemies in Temple/Spaceship have completely separate drop tables to the ones in Episode 1.

Anyway regarding quest exception...

The reason for this is not specifically to pull people towards what you might regard as "inefficient" or "unfun" quests, but rather because having a scavenger hunt event with all quest drops simply would not work very well. Believe it or not, I don't hate efficient/fun quests, in fact my own favourite quests are things like Maximum Attack 4 (Episode 1) and Mop-Up Operation #3 (Episode 4), but I do believe that variety is the spice of life.

If we didn't exempt quests, you could just play Tyrell's Ego, Maximum Attack 2 V2 and Maximum Attack 4 (Episode 4), as that would cover every area in as little quests as possible (all with relatively decent enemy numbers), meaning the event would not exactly be very fun. The aim of this event is not to give people items like previous ones, but rather so the community works together in figuring out unknown drops to get the grand prizes. (in which I would like to stress that this event is a community event, not a solo event)

Quests we also regarded as "has lots of every single enemy in an area" were also made exempt because then it would just be playing the one quest for the area, instead of switching it up by playing WoL1 if you believe the badge might be on Astarks, or Claire's Deal if you think the badge might be on Dorphons instead. While that might happen now, we can't exactly be banning every quest either, so the framework we went with was:

- No Maximum Attack
- No Boss Rush
- No Custom Quest (other than VR/MU E2 since E2 doesn't have many quests, especially Temple/Spaceship)

To keep it nice and simple.

At the end of the day this event wasn't going to be a thing at first, and the next event would be the August one. We came up with this idea to bridge the gap between Easter and Anniversary, to hopefully give players something fun to do and something to work towards, while also doing something different instead of the standard Lost E2/4 and Maximum Attack 4 spam.

Anime is also right in that this event is a "mini-event", it's not supposed to be as good as the big three (Easter/Anniversary/Christmas), so don't expect it to be.

You might not like it, but that doesn't mean it's a bad event, it's just not one you enjoy. If you don't like it, don't play it. There are plenty other events at different times of the year that I'm sure you enjoy, we can't just keep doing the same thing all the time.

Well in the hopes of getting the ball rolling here, we've found Bluefull Badge from a Vulmer in Caves 1. We only found 1, so we couldn't exactly replicate it to make sure it is 100% accurate, and as this was before the fix being applied, I'm also not 100%. However, considering that this ID was not one of the ones changed, I would venture to guess that you will likely find Bluefull Badge in Caves from Vulmer.

Anyone else have any info, please share it.

Fair enough. (I said I wouldn't post again but I figure an acknowledgement of Matt's thorough explanation was in order.)

They can't all be huge events, or they wouldn't be special. I get that.

Side note: I'm extremely excited about being able to retire my Meseta mules :)

Any reward for the first person to post a screenshot of 999,999,999 Meseta in Normal / Hardcore mode? ;3

I have 12 million, so I'm 1.2% of the way there!

So basically, all fanmade, max attack and boss rush are excluded. Sexy.

Fair enough. (I said I wouldn't post again but I figure an acknowledgement of Matt's thorough explanation was in order.)

They can't all be huge events, or they wouldn't be special. I get that.

Side note: I'm extremely excited about being able to retire my Meseta mules :)

Any reward for the first person to post a screenshot of 999,999,999 Meseta in Normal / Hardcore mode? ;3

I have 12 million, so I'm 1.2% of the way there!

I've had a quirky personal goal of getting 63 stacks (full acct) since we had 32 Slots. I just put them all into shared. Currently 50.5mill after a year. Heck if anyone gets a billion in the next decade my jaw will drop.

Now is the time to play gimmick official quests, like the one where you have to shrink yourself in Cave 3 and Mine 1. After all these years, the gimmick and mediocre official quests nobody plays will rise!

PSA: If you want to get a sphere from the event, it is in your interest to start looking for ORAN and GREENILL Badges. By finding these two "common" badges, we can cross out possibilities of where the other badges may drop. The PS is very much tied to the Skyly Badge drop, and the faster we can pinpoint where it drops, the more time you get to hunt it with efficiency.

Note that due to the quest restrictions, the search space is not just an ID and an area, but an ID and a quest which hunts specific monsters quickly. We have to work fast guys.

well, prior to the fix, viridia was ba boota i believe, and the other badges haven't changed, so that at least rules out crater (west?) for the easy ones. guess it's probably a safe bet that one of the other three ids that were changed drop there now, too.

Last edited:
Back