Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trykla

Guildcard
I thought there was a thread like this already but I can't find it. Anyway, I thought about some things I'd like to see.

1. PD's announced for party, seems like most people say when they find them anyway.
2. A command to toggle the timer at the top of the screen that you see in quests such as TTF. This could aid in mag feeding without actually giving a prompt.
3. A way to see the leader boards with only your guild card, or a search by guild card. This way if you're not on the top, you can still see your stats.

Thoughts?

TTF doesn't have a timer to aid you in feeding your Mag. The timer factors into the rank you get when you beat the quest. :p

I know that, of course... I guess I wasn't clear enough. I meant being able to toggle the timer outside of quests could be useful.

Last edited:
My opinion?
-PDs could be easily announced, I'd be fine either way, no big deal
-The timer, sounds good to have the visual reference all the time, but you might forget about it (since its always there) and then you'll rely in the pop up/banner/etc to remind you about it.
Either way I doubt it can be done. Anyone correct me please, are timers only inside of quests and affected by things on them... ?
-An "all players" leader-board sounds good, Idk if there would be people like "but I want a 20 slots leader-board cuz you have to earn your spot on it." but I like the idea.

1. It's doable.
2. Can't be done. That timer is a quest opcode and can only be used in quests.
3. Yeah, I planned to implement this from the beginning but I've been lazy about doing it. I'll get around to it, maybe this weekend.

I'm gonna bump this topic because a lot of people have been giving me thoughts about things in passing, and have suggestions about random things. I don't honestly remember what people tell me half the time, so if you have any ~COOL SUGGESTION~, you should post it here, even if it's just something minor.

Remember there will be no changes to items, classes or enemies, though.

So, please don't post "UNLOCK DARK FLOW PL0X".

(Waits for someone to post that exact thing as soon as I reply.)

I think #3 on the OP's list would be pretty cool to see. Would it be possible to allow us to view leaderboards based on our Team or Card List? I want to compare my accomplishments to that of LKA and then become better than him.

I mentioned to you about adding the rest of the shop NPCs to the older custom quests. Give tekker.

Is it possible to run the game in widescreen? It's not my intention to be all server vs server, but you can do it through the launcher on Ultima. It's definitely not essential though. I just sort of like having a wider field of view.

You can, pickel. You can download a widescreen launcher in the Tools forum, but we're working on making it the default launcher for Ephinea here soon.

Yes, you can do it through Tofuman's launcher here. Drop it into your root PSOBB folder and open the launcher.

The Launcher is getting packed (with a custom skin) in the next release of the installer though.

I mentioned to you about adding the rest of the shop NPCs to the older custom quests. Give tekker.
If there's any quests with missing (as in, tekker, shop, etc...) NPCs or broken NPCs, just let me know. I forget which you told me about, honestly.

It was Forsaken Friends. No tekker/armor/weapon dealers and very little wandering NPCs. No two guards standing by the gate either. Place is almost a ghost town.

Her quest said the shops were on strike. I could have added them in but I thought it was supposed to be that way. Were they not added because she had difficulty adding them? Haha, I'll have to ask her about it. I can add them if that's the case. Mad easy.

I'm pretty sure it was a laziness thing. It's really hard work making all those Baranz spawn at one time, you know.

It was intentional. The shops were originally totally on strike, but people were like, "I need to buy Trimates to beat this quest!" so she added the Tool Shop and left everybody else out. It is not a bug or a mistake. People just never bother to read NPC text, even when you take the time to script everybody on Pioneer 2. :(

Some spawns were already changed (like the Bringers room), keep the shops on strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back