Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we have the quest list rearranged? Some of the newer uploaded custom quests on the bottom throws off some organization. For example something like Maximum Attack S rather than being isolated on the bottom of the list could be placed right under the rest of the other Maximum Attacks to group them so it looks more sorted out than just having quests everywhere.

Implementation of skins (character, weapon, scenery, etc)? I was wondering if that were possible since I've seen some PSOBB players with different skins on and they look pretty cool. :)

You're free to use any skin you want if you use the "Custom" language option in the server. I wouldn't want to force anyone's custom skin on any other person.

This is just an idea, but perhaps somehow enable full dressing room for low level characters? For instance, I had a friend pick FOmarl, misremembering the bonuses and we played until about level 14 before I decided to fact check and realized that I got some perks and stats mixed up.

I understand some concern with full dressing room stems from the idea of it being possible to reroll to a different class and equipment transferring in an illicit way (Rifle on a Force for example). But it might be a good way to help encourage new players to try multiple classes?

Not sure if such a thing is possible anyway, but just figured I'd ask.

... Did full dressing room enable class change? Am I crazy? It's been ages since I've played and my friend is mildly discouraged.

EDIT: Would it be possible to rig up a quest to do such a thing? Again, pre twenty or so the only possible discrepancies is Androids with Techniques. (Which I forgot above) but they couldn't use them anyway due to no TP.

If a quest would rig up NPCs that match the level and could forcibly NOL someone or something along those lines... I'm not sure what's all possible or impossible. :p

Edit 2: Realized the NOL idea runs into the issue of names. Blah.

Last edited:
You can't change classes even in a full dressing room. What it enables is the character proportions, name etc
And if its going to be at such a low level, its not really a big deal to start again, I'd say.

You can't change classes even in a full dressing room. What it enables is the character proportions, name etc
And if its going to be at such a low level, its not really a big deal to start again, I'd say.
one of the old methods of doing it was just changing your section id to FF, which let you do whatever you want iirc

could the rate of the music discs be lowered?
im finding so many every run but i don't really know anyone that even has bgm on much less uses them

find more of them than other items i would think reasonable

I'll lower them after the next maintenance on Wednesday. Sorry about that. I figured 0.5% wouldn't be overpowered in drops, but I guess I was wrong!

I read a fue weeks ago a post that said, no one plays free field areas anymore because quests are better.
it made me sad a little as I like F1-Falz runs!

so it got me thinking, and recently I heard about Zelda64 OOT beta quest hack
https://webcache.googleusercontent....ms.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=2032.0+

basically, every time you hit a loading zone you get randomly warped to another area.
would this be possible either in a quest or as a server function/ combo of both to start in pioneer 2 then
from the main teleporter begin at a random area and every section cleared it takes you to another no sequential zone

like cave 2, forest 1, ruins 2, mines 3, forest 2 ect ect and always finish on ruins 3 for DF ?

are episodes 1/2/4 segregated or can they be loaded together?
make it so you dont return to pioneer 2 after bosses and jam a timer in there because people like competing?

this kind of just turned out to be another quest to kill free field but I was thinking maybe some pso2-esque RNG elements might
spice it up a little?

I dont know the limitations of the server or Qedit functions so I'm just throwing out ideas to possibly rejuvenate free field!
what do you think?
what other terrible RNG elements like status effects could you put in it ?!
or is it possible to start players like in c-mode at level 10 for example?

My only suggestion would be to add a way to control the camera. Too many times have I been in a situation that would have saved me a headache if I was able to move the camera around my character.

I don't think a feature like this has ever been added to a PSO, and I see it being very beneficial both in battle and just goofing around.

Can this video be embedded at the start screen somehow? This would be nice.

I don't assume this is what the official client played really, but I'll leave that to somebody else to explain since this seems like a good opening video to this game.

The video is authentic, although it's the best quality version of the Episode IV intro that I've seen. I have a few copies of it that I think were originally hosted on the JPBB website; one of them is dated 2005/05/26. The music from the movie is also contained on the Episode IV OST CD, even though it isn't part of the client. Sega removed the FMV to make the BB client download smaller.

Reactions: Mad
I thought the video could be found on the boxed copies of EPIV.

I've tried getting a boxed copy of BB for collecting purposes, but every time someone lists one on Amazon, they decide that they really don't have it and cancel the order. :/

You'd have much better luck finding a copy on Yahoo Japan Auctions than on Amazon. I lucked out and found someone selling the BB OST on eBay, which I've never seen before or since.

I actually have a boxed copy of the Japanese Blue Burst in container in my guest bedroom. I purchased it when it first came out so I don't have the Episode IV box or whatever, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back