Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lobby 13: Love it. However, the "orbs" on the tables were actually rotating card models in the vanilla version. I understand this isn't possible because that sprite doesn't exist in PSO BB. However, there are 2 sets of 3 tables each. Credit goes to Arry for this part:

On one side, in place of the orbs, have one blue box, one orange box, and one red box.

On the other side, have one green box, one meseta, and one music disk.

One decoration for each table! :D

These would just be decorations and not able to be picked up, of course.

Backup plan: If they all have to be the same model, then of course pick the red box!

And, and please make them rotate :3

Is this doable?

Lobby 13: Love it. However, the "orbs" on the tables were actually rotating card models in the vanilla version. I understand this isn't possible because that sprite doesn't exist in PSO BB. However, there are 2 sets of 3 tables each. Credit goes to Arry for this part:

On one side, in place of the orbs, have one blue box, one orange box, and one red box.

On the other side, have one green box, one meseta, and one music disk.

One decoration for each table! :D

These would just be decorations and not able to be picked up, of course.

Backup plan: If they all have to be the same model, then of course pick the red box!

And, and please make them rotate :3

Is this doable?
They were probably particles instead of models. Putting models into a lobby would probably require editing the map.

Some of the lobbies are really cool but almost never seen. Would it be possible to shuffle the default lobby each day? (Excluding the soccer lobbies since the distance to the teleporter is huge.)

:D

Some of the lobbies are really cool but almost never seen. Would it be possible to shuffle the default lobby each day? (Excluding the soccer lobbies since the distance to the teleporter is huge.)

:D
Tomorrow, the Jukebox in lobby 13 will be enabled, and I will be making it the default lobby for a couple of days. However, you'll also be able to change the lobby music in all the other lobbies (excluding the classic PSO lobbies) by going up to a floating particle which will be located on the left side of the lobby.

The cost to play a song will be 5,000 meseta upon debut, but will raise to 10,000 probably later.

Maybe, some day, I will change the particle and put another Jukebox in the other lobbies, but I don't have any experience with editing the graphic or lobby files of PSO outside of object placement.

Oh shit

Who's ready for a Let Mom Sleep marathon

can we have all the kill counter limitations removed while playing ultimate?
i had my limiter equipped while playing ult for like a week and my kill count barely moved, while i tend to get many kills
if you want it unsealed with any haste you're forced to play normal difficulty for hours alone, i just wanna be able to play with friends and not have -30 stats for over a month

Yeah, it's too bad. I know you want your unsealed iten(sic) IN A HURRY, but other people have had to do the same thing and got theirs done. Put it this way, it makes you appreciate your item more when it's done and an unsealed item is also worth a lot more for trade value when you get tired of using it.

all the items with kill counters are pretty rare as is
even with no frame limitation 20k kills on normal mode still takes like 5 hours of pure grind, with the frame limit its even more

if the kill per frame was higher based on difficulty there would be less incentive to spam normal only for hours on end
i dont see why it HAS to be a grind that causes you to play solo and normal difficulty to have the item unsealed with any haste

ult kills being worth more makes sense

I do honestly believe that the "one kill per frame" was an oversight on Sega's part. (It essentially penalizes you for being good at the game.)

Is there any proof this was intentional? Because if it only exists as a "vanilla" part of the game because of Sega's incompetence, there is precedent for things like this getting fixed. (ie. The Lily in MA4 that used to have a 0 DAR because it was stuck partially in a wall but was later fixed.)

I always hate to stir the pot because I don't want to be labeled as a troublemaker, and I don't really have a skin in the game because I have 0 unsealing items, but I feel bad for the people who have to artificially slow their playing because of it... :(

I do honestly believe that the "one kill per frame" was an oversight on Sega's part. (It essentially penalizes you for being good at the game.)

Is there any proof this was intentional? Because if it only exists as a "vanilla" part of the game because of Sega's incompetence, there is precedent for things like this getting fixed. (ie. The Lily in MA4 that used to have a 0 DAR because it was stuck partially in a wall but was later fixed.)

I always hate to stir the pot because I don't want to be labeled as a troublemaker, and I don't really have a skin in the game because I have 0 unsealing items, but I feel bad for the people who have to artificially slow their playing because of it... :(
you should never be labeled a troublemaker for wanting logical solutions to problems

unsealing is a major pain point and anyone that has unsealed will agree its a lonely and exhausting grind that should be improved

I will note that I have not, as of yet, been labeled a troublemaker. Soda and everyone else are very kind. :)

I had my share of run-ins back on Schtserv for being argumentative, so I make a concentrated effort to be very polite and non-combative. Gotta grow up sometime ;)

I don't see why it has to be a "lonely and exhausting grind" to unseal an item. You can still play the game with your friends to unseal an item. It just takes longer.

Also, why is it okay to change a core mechanic of the game sometimes and not others? You think it's not okay to fix the fact that Rappies drop rare items without killing them because that's how SEGA had it. But you also think it's not okay to leave unsealing the way SEGA had it.

I guess any thing that makes the game easy mode is okay, but anything that is challenging in the least bit or takes some time is not okay?

I don't see why it has to be a "lonely and exhausting grind" to unseal an item. You can still play the game with your friends to unseal an item. It just takes longer.

Also, why is it okay to change a core mechanic of the game sometimes and not others? You think it's not okay to fix the fact that Rappies drop rare items without killing them because that's how SEGA had it. But you also think it's not okay to leave unsealing the way SEGA had it.

I guess any thing that makes the game easy mode is okay, but anything that is challenging in the least bit or takes some time is not okay?

I don't have a good rebuttal for this. I think all this Rappy stuff happened before I was here. I heard a little bit about it but I'm not 100% sure. Sorry ( ._.

I do agree that it's important to keep the core essence of the game, lest we become the ridiculousness that is Ultima.

Soda: You do an excellent job safeguarding the integrity of the game. If changing the unsealing mechanics is not a desirable alteration, then I yield.

The positive: There will be an INDISPUTABLE value increase for any item that's already unsealed, and it's an excellent entrepreneurial opportunity for those who like to provide unsealing services. Economic / time issues generally have a way of sorting themselves out when there's enough overall activity.

For example: I absolutely hate Challenge mode because the enemy speed bores me to death, so I love the fact that there's people out there who will farm me an Srank for 10 to 12 PDs. The same could go for Unsealing.

Hug it out? ;)

Last edited:
Ducks, I'll unseal it for a few pcs ;)

how long should you need to have an item equipped before it unseals?
with limiters you lose a lot of stats and a slot, in a game where stats are basically everything. the only reason i was able to have my limiter equipped was due to my already high level and playing as a force the loss of stats didnt impact me as much as other classes

if you wanna unseal a lame you have to have it equipped at all times and kill enemies with a weak single target sword in rooms with people that typically wanna move with haste, and you have to slow down the pace or basically be carried to complete many quests.
sjs is a multi-target weapon that only gets one kill per swing, that alone is completely illogical

if you wanna have the frame limit thats ok i guess
but not improving it in higher difficulties is inducing more grind to this grindfest and if you wanna reduce the burden the best/only way is to play normal mode til its unsealed, which is 9/10 times what will happen

unsealing on lower difficulties will always be the fastest way, all im asking is the option to play ult and have reasonable expectation of a speedy unsealing, while still being able to play with a group
so many of this servers alterations have been to encourage teamplay, unsealing is litterally the opposite as it is now

sorry for wall of text, its kinda just a thing i do :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back