Spuz

Without rain, nothing grows.
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
Spuz Mods

Rare Jingle SFX only !!
Multitasking Dual Monitor Setup. Watch a Movie while playing PSO on the side without having any distracting sounds except the jingle to notify you of rares.
  1. Back up the sound folder - Located
    Code:
    ephineaPSOBB\data\sound
    Just in-case you forget, I have a backup of the original sound files here.
  2. Download this zip file which contains the whole sound folder; replace all the contents of your sound folder [location mentioned above] with the files within this zip.
  3. Load via the launcher (so files update correctly) and ensure SFX is on at a level you wish to hear the jingle & ensure BGM is off/0.

I would also like to mention that all sounds located within the ephinea.pac file are still heard; this is because the launcher updates the file every time you launch it. The only way to block this would be to stop reading from the folder (not recommended). This includes 7 Volumes total:
Sample 0-2 - Rare Jingles
Sample 3 - Seasons Achievement Jingle
Sample 4 - PK activation
Sample 5 - Battle Sound
Sample 6 - Server Notification (Before GM/Mod Banner)
Divine Punishment - Mini Orange Burst
I got fed up with being blinded by DP so I made this mod to make it easier on the eyes.
qFw1MfJ.png

if you want you can download here. contains particleentry.dat which you place into your data folder.
Divine Punishment & Dark Flow - Mini Orange Burst with Transparent Wave
The Transparent Wave is not my work but something I enjoy using because of eye sensitivity.

Since the above DP file overwrites the particle.dat which the Transparent DF wave uses I had to edit a file to contain both.

Transparent DF Wave:
HY6sKAO.jpeg

Mini-Orange-Burst DP (see above)

If you wish to use both download this zip file; and then extract both files into your data folder.

Last edited:
I put the jingle inside of ephinea.pac

It USED to use the OGG files for the sounds but it hasn’t for a while now.

The game expects the jingle to be at SFX ID 1792 for 9 star rare, 1793 for greater than 9 but less than 12, 1794 for 12 or higher.

I can’t remember if removing PAC files (if thats what you’re doing to remove sounds) causes the index IDs to change. But if it does, that’s probably whats causing the sound not to play anymore. You’d have to just replace all the sounds with silent files.

I put the jingle inside of ephinea.pac

It USED to use the OGG files for the sounds but it hasn’t for a while now.

The game expects the jingle to be at SFX ID 1792 for 9 star rare, 1793 for greater than 9 but less than 12, 1794 for 12 or higher.

I can’t remember if removing PAC files (if thats what you’re doing to remove sounds) causes the index IDs to change. But if it does, that’s probably whats causing the sound not to play anymore. You’d have to just replace all the sounds with silent files.

Appreciate the reply. That is what I was thinking about and shall start doing. Thank you.

edit: Tweaked all the pac files to have no sound and updated the thread!

Last edited:
Made a tweak to these today because of a few missed volumes. If anyone has this please re-download.

I also made a note about ephinea.pac

Made a tweak to these today because of a few missed volumes. If anyone has this please re-download.

I also made a note about ephinea.pac
Without even listening, that 3rd sample is probably the achievement jingle from Seasons.

Edited the particles for DP to not be as big, blinding and abrasive. Instead of making multiple threads, I decided to turn this into one for future mods.

Last edited:
Had to edit the particle.dat again because DF waves were blinding me again (since my DP file had overwritten that).

Back