• Photon Drops

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 22 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can respect that. I wish I never included the part about the "PD wall" if I knew people were just going to meme about it. Fortunately I don't think it invalidates what I said about it. Even if we replace "necessity" with "high priority," everything I said about injecting more PDs back into the economy, or speccing more S-Ranks in the same amount of time still applies.

@astallasalion I do not feel the perceived necessity of all this expensive Hell gear as any sort of gateway into Episode II is a good argument for increasing PD rate.

What about: It would take a decade for a normal player to finalize their gear and pushing against the upper limits of human patience / healthy playing habits? Is that motivation enough to increase the rate? (We're all forgetting that you still have to find gear worth Sphereing...)

Some people might be okay with a game in which they can dump continual effort and get almost nothing in return, but I'm a very busy guy, as are many people here, and I like my time spent to feel fulfilling.

If I fire up D3 and I don't find a single good item, at least I gain some Paragon Experience while I play. PSO has nothing like this. Increasing the PD rate would partially fix this emptiness.

If I have all Lv. 200s and I log in and don't find a single useful item or PD, it's basically like I didn't log in at all. And no, I don't need more characters. I don't WANT more characters. I want to play the game at a high level and enjoy the power I've accumulated while still having some way to make progress that isn't so boring and slow that I just log out after 20 minutes. I want to love the game again.

What about: It would take a decade for a normal player to finalize their gear and pushing against the upper limits of human patience / healthy playing habits? Is that motivation enough to increase the rate? (We're all forgetting that you still have to find gear worth Sphereing...)

Some people might be okay with a game in which they can dump continual effort and get almost nothing in return, but I'm a very busy guy, as are many people here, and I like my time spent to feel fulfilling.

If I fire up D3 and I don't find a single good item, at least I gain some Paragon Experience while I play. PSO has nothing like this. Increasing the PD rate would partially fix this emptiness.

If I have all Lv. 200s and I log in and don't find a single useful item or PD, it's basically like I didn't log in at all. And no, I don't need more characters. I don't WANT more characters. I want to play the game at a high level and enjoy the power I've accumulated while still having some way to make progress that isn't so boring and slow that I just log out after 20 minutes. I want to love the game again.

With all due respect why play on a Vanilla Server then? Why should the server change to better suit the needs of someone who knew what it was before they started playing on it?

Voted for both, Quests I could care less cause I can't stand solo mode anyways and a PD increase would be amazing. The amount of time it takes to fully sphere gear for just 1 character is insane and having that grind alleviated just a little bit would be a dream(Maybe more people will know whats its like to "complete" PSO for once in 17 years :O).

Also maybe in the future just go ahead and make the changes, Community input is great and all but from past examples on here its just a mess.

Also maybe in the future just go ahead and make the changes, Community input is great and all but from past examples on here its just a mess.

I'm all for this. This thread proves that democracy doesn't work for a video game. You guys should just make changes that you think would benefit the server, keep them a secret, and adjust them accordingly moving forward. We have trusted you all with this game for the past 3+ years, so yeah...

I'm all for this. This thread proves that democracy doesn't work for a video game. You guys should just make changes that you think would benefit the server, keep them a secret, and adjust them accordingly moving forward. We have trusted you all with this game for the past 3+ years, so yeah...
Can always revert back if there is a major problem anyhow Cx

With all due respect why play on a Vanilla Server then? Why should the server change to better suit the needs of someone who knew what it was before they started playing on it?

Nobody knew how slow the post Lv. 200 progression was going to be on a 100% cheat-free server because it's never happened before. On Schtserv, most of us THOUGHT we were legit, but anyone who traded had a 100% chance of getting duped PDs. By today's gaming standards, the progression on PSO is unacceptably slow post Lv. 200.

Suppose we double the PD rate and cut down the time it takes to "finish" the gear for multiple characters (say 2 or 3) from 10,000 hours down to 5,000 hours. Is that really all that bad? Five thousand hours is still 208 days STRAIGHT of playing PSO.

Let's assume you make healthier choices and ONLY play 8 hours a day, that's still 624 days. And it's not like you'd quit after that: You have amazing gear now. Enjoy it! But at least you had 5,000 hours of quality progression where it actually felt like you were doing something, instead of 10,000 hours of sparse accomplishment.

Last edited:
how does a post asking for feedback that gets feedback prove democracy doesn't work?
Feedback happens after the fact. You make a change, see how it goes, then ask for feedback. Why put a poll up if they they weren’t planning to use it to influence their decision. Seems more like a vote rather than feedback.

Reactions: Ade
What we want to ask is, what does the community think of this?
I mean, the only thing this post is doing is asking for feedback. It's not necessarily claiming that there is or is not a democracy, or that the majority vote is the sole dictator for what happens. In fact, it might not even matter at this point whether or not there's a democracy. All that's being asked is the community's opinion on the possible changes.

so, it seems like a vote, so democracy doesn't work?
For an ancient game like this, maybe it doesn’t? I’m not talking about outside this context.

In fact, it might not even matter at this point whether or not there's a democracy. All that's being asked is the community's opinion on the possible changes.

True, this might be all moot at this point. But opinion =/= feedback in this case cause nothing was changed.

Sorry I can’t type real good right now I’m eating a dumpling in one hand and conversing about a game in the other. I’ve reached peak Asian.

Schtserv style all over again.

The voting has shown a general trend regardless of what dumb shit gets said in here.

At least people get it out of their system instead of flooding the forums once a change happens. unless your name is really close to jiff

What about:
You don't have to waste your calories trying to convince me. Any careful reading of my post should make it clear I am not actually against it as I understand people's circumstances and the very real situation of still playing this game at present. I only stated my thoughts and concerns on the matter, and I am inclined to agree that something this important should perhaps be handled at the sole discretion of people in charge and have a better idea of the numbers involved. There are still other avenues for larger amounts of PDs and PSs to enter the market, such as events. Worst case any change can be undone and PDs will slowly disappear.

Why and what people love PSO varies, but if you feel you need to "love the game again" then perhaps you fall into the camp I mentioned that could "move on" with more PDs.

MY LOVE IS PURE AND UNWAVERING!

Doubling the pd rate shouldn't make a player get twice as many pd drops.(Not sure what type of rng generator the game uses.)
Instead of doubling it permanently, have you thought about having double drop rate weekends occasionally to slowly seed the economy over time. If so, you should generate reports for data to fine tune the rate according to the average population over a period of time. For instance lets say you double the rate every other weekend. You can take a snapshot of all characters before the first doubling, take a naive average of ( (character_play_time where char_level > min and active) / character_pd) where min is the minimum cut off for character level(let's say level 80 for example) and active is some last login threshold. You'd also have to dump maybe the top 5% outliers(aka the no lifes). The problem with this is that you'd somehow have to account for player surges during events but the active and char_level should reduce that noise to a reasonable level. If these are generated weekly, you should be able to fine tune the rate over time to get the amount of pd's you'd like on the server.

Edit: also you'd have to do something about where pd's in inventory=0
Edit2: actually you'd also have to add in Photon spheres created during those periods and convert those into pd's to account for "disappearances". In that case, you might have to include the outliers seeing as they'd be the ones most likely to convert them.

Last edited:
I like the idea of multiplayer quests being made available to solo mode. Not because i think it makes the server better. I think Ephinea is the most professionally ran PSO server known to date. Including when SEGA ran it. Having solo mode multi player quests available IMO is merely a small perk to having a limited population. Of course I also suffer from a selfish character defect of "I want what I want when i want it. In the color and flavor I want it too!" I said that to say this "I want all other servers to shutdown and their player bases join us on Ephinea. Admins have said for years the life of a private server is relative to its player base. And I love people. Except for the ones that I don't, and that list is very small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back