Skinner Returning to PSOBB

FLARE

Guildcard
Hello there, my name is FLARE but some from the old, old days may know me as Volos instead

I have been playing for some time now on Ephinea and I decided to get back into skinning again. I was pleased to see that it still works just fine on this server, I'm not having much trouble so far

Whereas I used to be a little full of myself (sorry) and very 'out there' with my skinning, this time I was to design things which look like they 'should just fit' into the game as standard (same resolution, DXT subformats and alpha-layers as original texture maps)

I have started by creating a blue Shambertin

Why? Because I am sick of seeing Shambertin come out of the statue, and thinking (briefly, for a few seconds) that he is Kondi - because they are basically both green. I think, SEGA gave Shammy blue crystals and missiles - why not just finish the job (like they did with Saint and Kond)?

So here is my creation:

2bsVg5B.png

If you wish, you can download him here.

Installation is simple. Place "bm_ene_boss09.bml" within your \EphineaPSO\data folder (so, the "data" folder inside the game's root install folder)

It will prompt you to overwrite a file. I strongly suggest you back up the original file first, in-case you have any problems when using this mod

It is a little present, from me to everyone - upon my return

If you are in the Monolith guild, I will probably see you around (or on Discord)

Thank you

Last edited:
Glad to see old ones still returning. If I remember right, I've enjoyed several of your skins in the past.
This time around, I've only installed a particle mod, no skins... Yet!
After doing research on the available options for PSOBB, I feel most at home here. I wouldn't be surprised if you will too, along with anyone who wants a mostly vanilla PSOBB. (And anyone who was around before things went to Hell.)

Back