Seasons Feedback

I am fine with the season length, it just sucks cause I joined the server right near the end of the season thus I didn't really have the time to actually get many points. Also I would like to know what rewards I am working towards before I decide to put all this time into a season. Also there is no way I will ever make it to lv 200, I am never going to be able to play as often as some people, I usually only have play time on the weekends.

Also are those points save to your account? or to the character, if they are shorter seasons, they should be saved on your account so you can save up.

Reactions: Ade
I am fine with the season length, it just sucks cause I joined the server right near the end of the season thus I didn't really have the time to actually get many points. Also I would like to know what rewards I am working towards before I decide to put all this time into a season. Also there is no way I will ever make it to lv 200, I am never going to be able to play as often as some people, I usually only have play time on the weekends.

Also are those points save to your account? or to the character, if they are shorter seasons, they should be saved on your account so you can save up.

Being able to save up points across multiple seasons is a great idea! I second this!

whole lot of slippery sloping going on here. the point of targeting PW3 and MA4 wouldn't be to "prevent" a meta game from forming; it'd be to shrink the efficiency gap between those two quests and everything else. a gap which is pretty enormous, really.

obviously if you're going to delete the PW box run people will run the EN box run (and get fewer boxes/hour), but we should be able to look at these quests as individual cases without assuming the mods are going to lose their minds and just delete whatever quest people turn to next.

personally I don't really care if they get removed, but I can see how people were turned off by the fonewm sphere rush that the meta quickly devolved into. i definitely had more fun playing through forest and caves the first day than I did spamming rafoie the rest of the time.

whole lot of slippery sloping going on here. the point of targeting PW3 and MA4 wouldn't be to "prevent" a meta game from forming; it'd be to shrink the efficiency gap between those two quests and everything else. a gap which is pretty enormous, really.

obviously if you're going to delete the PW box run people will run the EN box run (and get fewer boxes/hour), but we should be able to look at these quests as individual cases without assuming the mods are going to lose their minds and just delete whatever quest people turn to next.

personally I don't really care if they get removed, but I can see how people were turned off by the fonewm sphere rush that the meta quickly devolved into. i definitely had more fun playing through forest and caves the first day than I did spamming rafoie the rest of the time.

PW3 isn't necessary better because EN4 has multiple "set" ??? weapons drop boxes. I've had plenty of PW3 box breaks where only one or two (or even zero) untekked weapons appeared. As far as Meseta is concerned, you could rack that up very quickly playing Fake in Yellow, as well. Or just by going into the first 2 floors of PW4 and picking up all the blue armors that Gi Gues drop.

Sorry for going down a rabbit hole here. I suppose that's enough for the time being.

As for PROnewm Sphere rush...maybe disable 1p mode? I dunno.

(Or just go with my idea and allow the use of an established, but gearless character :D )

yeah, it's more the meseta/techs from PW3 that's the issue. and i don't think fake in yellow is comparable hourly, either, nor gigues (which aren't exactly easy to kill on a fresh character).

Last edited:

As far as I'm aware, the seasonal points will be saved to the seasonal character (since that's what the achievements are tied to), but as far as I'm aware from the achievement shot list idea I once saw, rewards from the season achievements shop can be used by any of your characters. So it wouldn't QUITE matter how the points will be saved regardless.

I definitely agree with you Eva. I don't like efficient quests being removed just because they're easier, but there are times where the gap between the second-most efficient quest and the most efficient quest is too wide from a balance perspective, to the point where doing literally any other quest is pointless even for less serious/tryhard players. The boss rush quests were removed for a reason, after all, and I wouldn't particularly mind if PW3 and MA4 were removed next season to shorten that gap. Heck, I couldn't even effectively take advantage of the latter due to my seasonal character being a HUcast (and I had no plans to create a second seasonal character in the same season since my usual schedule would not have allowed it without giving up a large portion of the better achievements).

And while I did do a few PW3 box runs to build some meseta (mostly to have emergency funds available after East Tower proved to be more than I could handle and burned through most of what I had at the time), it was definitely more enjoyable to run through quests and free run sessions normally and find a few good rares to use. Rappy Fan and Grass Assassin Blades*, for example, made the transition to V. Hard more manageable/enjoyable. Were they less efficient than spamming Ra/Gifoie or high-hit Hell weapons? Possibly. But it was certainly more satisfying to confuse enemies and watch them kill each other (and finish off any survivors) without having to rely so much on my limited confuse traps, or paralyze a particularly difficult foe before proceeding to cut them down unhindered.

*Would have personally preferred the Musashi for Twin Swords, but I wasn't going to spend an eternity farming Hard Dragon/Delbiter at 1x RDR when it was easier to work with what I had and look for better rares as I progressed.

Reactions: Eva
I wouldn't mind seeing a half length season as described; roughly six weeks.

My idea would be to half the length, but double EXP gains while the season runs. Please hear me out.

-It would motivate veteran players to start a new character and play with others since they get the benefit of leveling an alt more quickly than usual.

-Newer players to the season will also level more quickly and can catch up to Ult rather than feeling like it's a chore.

-You could effectively remove the "grindy" quests and make other quests more viable by virtue of double EXP.

-You can keep leveled rewards the same. Double EXP, half the time.

-It would make seasons feel like much less of a chore in general.

Thanks for listening!

PW3 isn't necessary better because EN4 has multiple "set" ??? weapons drop boxes. I've had plenty of PW3 box breaks where only one or two (or even zero) untekked weapons appeared. As far as Meseta is concerned, you could rack that up very quickly playing Fake in Yellow, as well. Or just by going into the first 2 floors of PW4 and picking up all the blue armors that Gi Gues drop.

Sorry for going down a rabbit hole here. I suppose that's enough for the time being.

As for PROnewm Sphere rush...maybe disable 1p mode? I dunno.

(Or just go with my idea and allow the use of an established, but gearless character :D )
disabling 1p is the way to go.
What would people think of seasonal characters starting at level 80 and making it a lot easier to get mats and raise mags (or maybe just starting fully matted with one mag)? For me I think that'd make it a lot more fun.
yes, starting at 80 from preset mat/mag builds (that aren't necessarily optimal even) would shift the meta towards certain strategies and would provide a more interesting experience, especially if the builds are geared towards multiplay.

1. I really enjoyed seasons even though I started halfway through.

2. Do not try to remove "meta" quests, this will only introduce others that will get ran over and over. Even with the "meta" quests, people still had plenty of other rooms open and I personally met a handful of wonderful friends on this server that were willing to run anything or at least give advice on alternative quests to do.

3. I think if you decide to take away trading, at least let us change our ID's unlimited times throughout the season. However I think the ability to trade with others is a huge plus in any online multiplayer game.

4. Find a way to suck even more of the normal population into seasons. I'm kind of liking an idea of 2x EXP for a season of about 6-8 weeks, personally going towards 8 weeks. (I sometimes play non-stop for a week straight but can't get online for another week due to work and other hobbies.)

Not only can you double the EXP, people who didn't participate in seasons still need something more to grab their attention. Keep the sphere reward at level 150 or 180 or something, but also tie in the achievement system and total EXP gained throughout the season for...

Permanent DAR and/or Rare Item Rate:
If you add more achievements (find a way to encourage group play with this if possible), you can tie the achievement points in a way where there's certain thresholds where after 500 points you get a permanent .5% boost after seasons (tied to account), or if you get 1000 points you get 1% boost or something along those lines.

Those numbers are made up and would obviously need to be thought of carefully and balanced, but something like that would really encourage people playing for the season as it directly benefits all of their characters even after the season is over. 2% rare item boost isn't too much and over 3-4 seasons it could really be useful for trying to hunt that item that "just won't drop" for them over years of hunting or whatever it may be.

I do feel that there could be a lot more interesting achievements added, more simple ones worth less, more complex ones worth more etc. Also make it so you can get "max rewards" for the season without needed ALL achievements. An idea for a "complex achievement" could be something along the lines of "finish off all episode 1 bosses with a PB" or "kill x amount of GOBOOMAS"

By making the kill amount high and using non-ultimate monsters, that also encourages people partying up with people who might still be working through very hard to get level 80.

Last edited:
I’ll tell you one thing, there will never be any “account” rewards anymore. All rewards for any event going forward will be character based as account rewards don’t make sense on a server where there is no subscription fee and you’re allowed to make as many accounts as you like. Makes trying to limit things to accounts kind of pointless.

There would be no benefit to creating multiple accounts for a permanent DAR and/or Rare Item boost though. And for more casual players like myself I don't see myself ever creating more than 12 characters. Maybe, but highly unlikely. I can't really see any downsides to this aside from some people might not enjoy the idea of people having "better drop rates" if they never play seasons and someone has accumulated let's say 6% permanent boost over the course of 2-3 years of playing on the server.

If you guys decide to only do 1 season per year and max out 2% boost for that season, it would keep the playerbase active for a lot longer IMO as you'll always want to keep raising that boost every season.

It could still work being tied to a character, however.

Tying to account for boosts makes sense I think (example: Hunters Boost Road), but doing item account rewards is definitely pointless as Soda said.

Permanent boosts from Seasons won't happen though. I don't like the idea of doing "missable" things that aren't cosmetic only.

New achievement idea to promote group play?

-Play for a total of 1 hour with 1 unique player
-Play for a total of 1 hour with 2 unique players
Up to playing for 1 hour with 8 unique players or something like that.

(If this is even possible to track given the game's code constraints)

Tying to account for boosts makes sense I think (example: Hunters Boost Road), but doing item account rewards is definitely pointless as Soda said.

Permanent boosts from Seasons won't happen though. I don't like the idea of doing "missable" things that aren't cosmetic only.

Gotta agree with Matt's thoughts on non-cosmetic "missables" here. It would feel like a real jerk move to players who don't have a lot of time on their hands, since their overall boosts would be lower/non-existent compared to those who "no-life" their way to the highest permanent DAR/RDR boosts each season. Especially since the community and team are of the same opinion that seasons should be shorter (which means more seasons within a year unless Matt and Sodaboy keep them as quarterly events even with the smaller time frame).

I mean, yeah. The Soul Eater and other subplot-only items can be missable on a character if you botch up the subplot process (assuming a) you want to minimize how often you pass around equipment, or b) you're playing Seasons and need a decent weapon or two). But they're not necessarily REQUIRED to get through the game. Soul Eater makes the transition to Hard easier, but you can get by without it, and if you really need Ragol Rings outside of getting just one for collection/story completion's sake...

Regardless, though, they're very tame missables compared to a permanent DAR/RDR boost that's only obtainable to a usable degree if you're a serious player/tryhard.

Back