Remove the slow movement near monsters and traps

Firkraag

neverlucky
Guildcard
There's a way around it by menu walking, I assume most who knows does just that so why is there even a slowdown at all? I can't think of a reason it should stay.

Combat and things like laying traps should feel much better if we didn't have to take that additional step to walk in normal pace.

It's easier to transition between playing on Ephinea and other versions of the game or other servers which won't have this. That's the only reason I can think of, besides the time required to fix. Also, there is a way to toggle walking (As well as slight tilt on an analogue stick), so it's not like it'll be completely removed from the game.

Would prefer if it was an option (Maybe added to the launcher options?) but that would probably take a lot more effort. If removal without an option to change over keeping as it, then I guess I choose removal.

We already have health bars for some reason

Lets keep pso as hard as it isn't.

This would more or less involve editing the client (I think), which I don't think any of the staff would have the time to do nowadays, even less so approve of. While I agree the guard walk is a very very VERY stupid mechanic that should be exiled from existence, it's probably not goin anywhere, at least on ephinea.

Not possible, also not happening.

One thing to mention is that suggestions should actually be viable. Please remember that the administrators don't have access to the client's source code, so things that are controlled by the game itself (i.e. most things), while potentially possible to edit, are incredibly difficult to do and most likely will not be changed.

Back