Regarding Rare Item Banners

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Guildcard
Hi guys.

Due to the recent PARTS OF BARANZ banner spam recently, I've been recently considering revisiting the items that are displayed on the rare item banner notifications. While the Parts of Baranz spam is mostly due to the Fiasco event quest, I've been wondering if items similar to that deserve to be on the rare item banner.

So! I'd like to ask the community what they think of the current banners, and if they think any items should be removed/added. Please note that while I know the banners are convenient when playing (you'll know if an item has dropped even if not paying attention/not on screen), I personally think the banners can be kind of annoying, even though I personally love banner spam most of the time.

I'd like to note that any 11★+ items are definitely staying, so God/Units, while being quite common, are still going to be announced. :p

For reference, here is the current list:
Code:
S-Parts ver2.01
Kasami Bracer
Asteron Belt
Earth Wand: Brownie
God Hand
Soul Banish
Spread Needle
Holy Ray
L&K38 Combat
Laconium Axe
Yamigarasu
Meteor Cudgel
Monkey King Bar
Madam's Umbrella
Frozen Shooter
Panzer Faust
Twin Blaze
Yasminkov 7000V
Yasminkov 9000M
Sange
Kamui
Hitogata
Flowen's Sword
Zanba
Rika's Claw
Nei's Claw
Slicer of Fanatic
Lame d'Argent
Ophelie Seize
Guren
Shouren
Yunchang
Cannon Rouge
Solferino
Tyrell's Parasol
Spirit Garment
Black Hound Cuirass
Thirteen
Ignition Cloak
Congeal Cloak
Tempest Cloak
Cursed Cloak
Select Cloak
Lieutenant Mantle
Sorcerer's Right Arm
Bringer's Right Arm
S-red's Arms
Parts of Baranz
Gi Gue's body
Cladding of Epsilon
De Rol Le Shell
Parasitic gene "Flow"
Magic Stone "Iritista"
Syncesta
Book of Hitogata
Dragon Scale
D-Photon Core
`
Also S> Parts of Baranz, pls buy.

can items that have been created be added?
like H/tech, aura field, etc

do coren items give banner or should they even?

also that list isnt the full list?

i'd vote to drop brownie

Should note that the above list is of all the items that give a banner, but aren't 11★+.

sange baranz s-reds n de rol are all too common for banner

oh and the cloaks are mediocre for banner imo

Personally Yunchang probably shouldn't be around for much longer as a banner. It's a more common drop than a Glide despite being on 1 ID on Ult (my poor Vidria) as opposed to Glide's 2, but on VH, there's a 1/29.09 rate on Girta on 5 IDs + 1 ID gets it from Pazuzu. Also, it is a BPD2 item on its own (though that may not matter much). At the same time, I don't think Yunchang is commonly used or sought for from what I can tell.

All the Yasminkovs should be there, they're classics afterall (literally!)

Would go work for a 2k banner ASAP. o/

* I don't see Ano Rifle either *cough*

Matt said:
Please note that while I know the banners are convenient when playing (you'll know if an item has dropped even if not paying attention/not on screen), I personally think the banners can be kind of annoying, even though I personally love banner spam most of the time.

For the use case of getting informed about a drop in your current party, couldn’t we get a party-only banner (or message or whatever)? Then the party-only info could be given for way more items, while the global banner will be reserved for really rare stuff.

I think the banners are fine. Even if it is just a God/Power or another Baranz Parts, I enjoy seeing people finding stuff. It just feels nice to see something drop.

Asteron Belt (is this even that great?)
God Hand
Laconium Axe
Sorcerer's Right Arm

All probably don't need to be there.

If possible, anything /Body, /Legs, /Luck, /TP as well.

Sun said:
Asteron Belt (is this even that great?)
God Hand
Laconium Axe
Sorcerer's Right Arm

All probably don't need to be there.

If possible, anything /Body, /Legs, /Luck, /TP as well.

-Asteron Belt is a necessity to near end-game FOmar (at least I think so), and I personally use one. It provides a Def boost as well. Even though its special (Reduced Hell) is not really reliable, I still think this is a nice item.
-Sorcerer Arm is a pseudo Magical Piece that delivers Gi Tech boost + small TP cost reduction, and is still good.
-I suppose the Earth Wand isn't really reliable, but gives Forces high ATP if using a MST build at lower levels, even though there's better options.

I don't have much knowledge on the other 2, but I would think God Hand would have slight use when combining it with a HUney against Vol Opt v2's first form, by using Gizonde/Razonde.

IMO Remove:
Kasami bracer
Earth wand brownie
Soul Banish
Monkey king bar
LK38 combat (it's not a uber unless its unlocked)
Laco axe
Kamui
Yamigarasu
Hitogata
Sange
Flowen's sword
Ophelie Seize
Guren
Shouren
Tyrell's parasol
Spirit garment
Black hound
All the cloaks
Lieutenant mantle
partz of baranz
Gi gue's body
del rol le shell
Meteor cudgel
Madam's umbrella
Frozen shooter

Hope those spoiler tags work here lol, if not idk. but yea banners should signify important drops, or stuff that really rarely drops at all, or even useful stuff. Not common crap or useless stuff or stuff with easier drop rates.

government said:
bro like how about announcing the player who received the item?!?! that'd be like totally sick bro like omg
YOU FOUND THAT AWESOME ITEM, RIGHT GUY?! CAN I HAVE IT?!
...Uhh....no?
PLEASE?!

I'm pretty sure that would happen if the player who found it was announced.

I want to be famous when I find my items too...
...and I also want to laugh at people if I see them in the lobby who find God/Luck or Heavenly/Legs...

They are. That list is for announced items that are under 11★.

Anyway, general consensus seems to be that nobodyreallycares, so it'll just be left as is.

Back