Real Life Crap

You really know nothing scoob about other people. Everything you have said is just judgemental bs. idc where you have been or what you've been through, don't be telling others how they should do stuff or live their life. Your life and others are not the same and you are not always correct.

I'm not bashing anyone for anything. Everyone goes through tough times. If anything I'm trying to help. I know I may come off as an asshole but that's just the way I view life Spuz. I see the universe as though it doesn't give a damn about me. I could pray to all the Gods or damn all the Gods to hell and still receive no response. It's up to the individual in what they do with their life. I'm really sorry if you feel this way, I do mate. I don't mean to preach anything. Everyone is free to believe in what they choose.

Last edited:
I most definitely do not live an exciting life, so I have little to contribute to this thread.

I mean, what do you want to hear about? How I am staving off the dread that comes with potential homelessness/starvation by playing a fuckton of Elite: Dangerous? How I was in hospital last week for something dumb and minor? (actually, Scoob, you do know about that one.) What about my seemingly endless unemployment, and how fate always seems to deprive me of any opportunity to pay my own bills again? Or the fact that the only times I leave home are to go pick up the mail, buy groceries or attend church?

... shit. My life is actually pretty depressing.

I sent you a disc message suh, sorry to hear your having a hard time.

I can't imagine the amount of history behind those buildings. It reminds me of a game I used to play: Age Of Empires. I assume you're getting a docorate in medieval French history perhaps?
Belgrade has had it's share of history, so many different powers/influences left their mark on the city. From ancient and medieval settlement, modern and recent wars... I actually ate at a restaurant in a "shady" unsettling forested zone with old crumbling buildings to discover (upon the return in France) that the area was once the Sajmište concentration camp.That put things in perspective...

Actually, I'm studying late byzantine history (you can see the congress' sign on the second picture if you look closely) even if about a third of the sources I used up until now are fifteenth century english and french chronicles (most useful for the study of eastern/western relations and perception).

I could also post pictures of this student's world in France if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Belgrade has had it's share of history, so many different powers/influences left their mark on the city. From ancient and medieval settlement, modern and recent wars... I actually ate at a restaurant in a "shady" unsettling forested zone with old crumbling buildings to discover (upon the return in France) that the area was once the Sajmište concentration camp.That put things in perspective...

Actually, I'm studying late byzantine history (you can see the congress' sign on the second picture if you look closely) even if about a third of the sources I used up until now are fifteenth century english and french chronicles (most useful for the study of eastern/western relations and perception).

I could also post pictures of this student's world in France if anyone is interested.

Extremely interesting stuff. I wish I had time to read the wiki page of that. The Byzantine Empire always interested me. I never took a deep step into the Eastern Roman Empire. It's Istanbul not Constantinople.

Please, I would love to see pictures of France. As soon as school ends I plan on posting some pictures and videos or NYC before I leave.

Please, I would love to see pictures of France. As soon as school ends I plan on posting some pictures and videos or NYC before I leave.

Here's a handful of pictures I took during these three years that I've been in France.

Here's a handful of pictures I took during these three years that I've been in France.

Holy balls. That architecture! While new york may not have been under french rule i certainly see where some of our architecture was inspired from. Seeing these pictures makes me want to visit. Very BloodBorn-esque.

Have you seen nyc? It's quite the mish mash of architecture. From dutch to british. When i show pictures its interesting to see where the dutch colonies end. As well as where the old style architecture stops and modern day skyscrapers begins. I'll be showing Manhattan mostly which is what people are more likely familiar with. Brooklyn as well. DUMBO. Some Queens. I don't go to Staten Island and I don't dare step foot into the Bronx. I may be Dominican and Colombian but I'm white. If you got light skin....huh best not go near the South Bronx.

Gotham City

Holy balls. That architecture! While new york may not have been under french rule i certainly see where some of our architecture was inspired from. Seeing these pictures makes me want to visit. Very BloodBorn-esque.

Well, the early colonial constructions (be they dutch, english or french) do tend to follow an Old World aestetic; the settlers construct along themes of their places of origin.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen nyc? It's quite the mish mash of architecture. From dutch to british. When i show pictures its interesting to see where the dutch colonies end. As well as where the old style architecture stops and modern day skyscrapers begins. I'll be showing Manhattan mostly which is what people are more likely familiar with. Brooklyn as well. DUMBO. Some Queens.

Will await those NY photos. Unfortunatly, haven't been to the Big Apple yet. But I can understand the cultural diversity and melting pot somewhat. Being from Québec, we can also see the architectural transition from the french to british crown. The still-existing seventeenth century american cities do boast those areas of unique patrimonial buildings that contrast with the neighbouring modernity.

I don't go to Staten Island and I don't dare step foot into the Bronx. I may be Dominican and Colombian but I'm white. If you got light skin....huh best not go near the South Bronx.
Gotham City

Quite. Saddening truth.

While new york may not have been under french rule i certainly see where some of our architecture was inspired from.
The Eiffel Tower was the tallest structure in the world until the Chrysler Building topped it, I think. +1 New York.
For great Architechture!

Wow, well. This is it. I finish my PhD next week. All these years are finally done. My friends are all returning to their home countries indefinitely. Back to Russia, Korea, China. I'm leaving my home country for good. The Visa is only good for a year but it's simple to extend and I've applied for permanent residency. Being American has its perks. I guess I could consider myself Vietnamese from now on. I land Jan 03 2017 and I'm never coming back to the USA, well not never as I'd come back to visit my mother of course but never to stay permanently.

I land in Saigon at 1 AM. Booked a room in District 10 and all. Gotta wait a bit for my girlfriend to get a few days off work then we go back to her hometown of Vung Tau where I'll stay with her parents and help them with the farm. LOL. Yea. From a PhD to a farmer. Once my job pulls through in Saigon I plan on moving back, though I much prefer Vung Tau. My degree won't be completely useless as I plan on teaching kids, teens, and adults some basic mathematics, though probably never extending past Calculus. My math career is over. I never wanted to continue it past this point anyway. I've grown tired of it. Think of Math as an ability to extract the source code from life. While readable, it is difficult. The Humanities, albeit "useless", help me understand what the code is saying. I think I need that at this point in my life.

I'll video my departure from NYC, give a lil' tour for those who might never visit The Big Apple and say my final goodbyes. I'll show off some Beijing and then Vietnam itself. I'll document the whole thing on the way ;)

Snapchat-1825161386.jpgSnapchat-1654258195.jpg

Last edited:
this is a cute thread, i really like seeing other people's records of adventures/memories/whatever via photos

i might post some sometime, my life isn't SUPER EXCITING but i do a lot of walking around where i live so i have some pretty scenic pictures @_@

Officially got diagnosed with PTSD and (shockingly) Gender Dysphoria.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back