Quick question - Quick answer

1. will a Phoenix Claw revive a hardcore player in the absence of a Scape Doll?
2. is it generally preferred to hunt S-parts 2.01 (1/10000 drop, N Gilchic) or bet from Coren?
3. in hardcore, would PW3 box hunting net Scape Dolls?
(figured this out, yes you can get Scapes this way)

ty ty

Last edited:
Don't need to be in ultimate to obtain sranks. Can get them with level one characters. You just need to play challenge mode (it sets your level and gear in the stage no matter what you have outside of cm). A few people on discord will cm with you to help out. Saving up the pds for the special is however a longer process; especially so for newer players. (pricey af, paganini is jew)

As for special locations:

I'm not exactly sure how these ten floors list/work for e2 since I count 13 areas
[Temple a,
Temple b,
Spaceship 1,
Spaceship 2,
Jungle 1,
Jungle 2,
Mountains,
Seaside,
CCA,
Seabed lower,
Seabed Upper,
Towers East,
Tower West]
Maybe the CCA areas count as 1 separate to CCA :wacko:
But regardless, what it does specify is that in VH more than halve the later areas (covering Seabed) all have tier 4 specials available; (the top tiers). While unsure about how demons correlates to this list (being 2 tier only; I assume they don't count as 1/2 but like 2/4 or something), I would assume it drops with the other top tier specials. Plus even if Devils only drops and not Demons you can tekk any special a tier up as well as 10% and +3 grind so it's pretty likely obtainable. (just keep saying no, and re-tekking as desired).

Also for what weapons will drop based on you ID, you can check this: Weapon Frequency.

Going by that lasers would be easier found on Greenill, then Skyly with the rest being average drop except Pinkal trash. And Handguns are always equal. You could do those pw3 boxes for a few guns/lasers of different specials. Hit will be harder to obtain (or high hit rather) in VH but it's possible. And even at 0h these weapons can be useful until you have better. Don't underestimate unreduced weaponry and the ability of SNS (Special glitching).

Also if your going for arrest/hell try and grab a v501 unit, it will do wonders and is so cheap because v502 exists.

Sorry for wall of text @Prinny but I hope it helps.
This is super interesting, thanks :) I've been playing this game for years and there's still so much I don't know.

As for finding stuff I decided to just bite the bullet and grind to Ultimate before hunting for Demons weapons so I have a better shot at getting them (and bonus tech disks for my FOs). I did find a hit Devil's Slicer ('bout 20% or something, also forgot what type of slicer it is) in my bank so maybe that would do for now? Not that I can make it very far in VHard Desert anyway. Pretty sure 2 Gorans attacking me at once still kills me in one hit.

On a different topic, I've been using the quest Rescue from Ragol (Ep1 Retrieval) to grind but whenever I do this quest, I can never seem to find this Davven character I'm supposed to rescue. I watched a video on YT and he appeared where the capsules said he'd be but whenever I reach that area he's nowhere to be found and I get a message saying he isn't there. When I finish the quest a message says I should try playing alone to find him but I've only ever done this quest solo yet he's still not appeared. I play mostly solo mode which I assumed may be the problem but even running the quest alone in multiplayer mode didn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

This is super interesting, thanks :) I've been playing this game for years and there's still so much I don't know.

As for finding stuff I decided to just bite the bullet and grind to Ultimate before hunting for Demons weapons so I have a better shot at getting them (and bonus tech disks for my FOs). I did find a hit Devil's Slicer ('bout 20% or something, also forgot what type of slicer it is) in my bank so maybe that would do for now? Not that I can make it very far in VHard Desert anyway. Pretty sure 2 Gorans attacking me at once still kills me in one hit.

On a different topic, I've been using the quest Rescue from Ragol (Ep1 Retrieval) to grind but whenever I do this quest, I can never seem to find this Davven character I'm supposed to rescue. I watched a video on YT and he appeared where the capsules said he'd be but whenever I reach that area he's nowhere to be found and I get a message saying he isn't there. When I finish the quest a message says I should try playing alone to find him but I've only ever done this quest solo yet he's still not appeared. I play mostly solo mode which I assumed may be the problem but even running the quest alone in multiplayer mode didn't work. Am I doing something wrong?
Devil's nonrare slicer should be tekk-able to Demon's, unless you bought it from the shop or something. Look up tekking guides if you don't know what I'm talking about. Slicer of Fanatic or S-rank Slicer/J-Cutter with Demon's special is much better however.

Davven(?) only appears if you play the quest in one person mode. This is because the character uses the same spots as your potential party members. In the end Tofuman made two versions, one with Davven (one person mode) and one without (multi-mode).

Devil's nonrare slicer should be tekk-able to Demon's, unless you bought it from the shop or something. Look up tekking guides if you don't know what I'm talking about. Slicer of Fanatic or S-rank Slicer/J-Cutter with Demon's special is much better however.

Davven(?) only appears if you play the quest in one person mode. This is because the character uses the same spots as your potential party members. In the end Tofuman made two versions, one with Davven (one person mode) and one without (multi-mode).
I remember tekking that one but did it wrong because I forgot which one was better. Should have looked it up but I'm not overly keen on slicers without speed buff units anyway. Unfortunately I don't have time to run C-Mode for S-Ranks right now or the right ID for SoF so normal weapons are my best option. Or a Bringer's Rifle.

I've done the Rescue from Ragol almost entirely in one person mode yet Davven still isn't there. I only ran it once in multi mode to see if he'd appear but no dice. Do I need to do anything specific to get him to appear or is the quest bugged? Regardless of what I do or how many times I play the quest, he's still nowhere to be found.

I've done the Rescue from Ragol almost entirely in one person mode yet Davven still isn't there. I only ran it once in multi mode to see if he'd appear but no dice. Do I need to do anything specific to get him to appear or is the quest bugged? Regardless of what I do or how many times I play the quest, he's still nowhere to be found.
In that case I'm not sure. I'm not aware of a time limit or requirement for him to show up but it's been a long time since I last played that quest in one person mode.

@Matt, we have the right quest files when you did the quest QoL update? Just making sure.

Davven appears in the middle of Caves next to a console, are you not finding him there?

Davven appears in the middle of Caves next to a console, are you not finding him there?
He doesn't appear at all, normal or one person mode. I always get the message saying he should be there but he isn't. I've been running this quest non-stop for 2 hours (whether he appears or not this is still a good place for grinding) in one person mode and he hasn't appeared once.

Are you skipping dialogue everytime? I figured the quest just changed on # of players, maybe I forgot to check for that.

Are you skipping dialogue everytime? I figured the quest just changed on # of players, maybe I forgot to check for that.
I have been, yeah. I'll try it without skipping and see if that works.

EDIT: He still isn't there.

Last edited:
I know on ephina wiki is says that huney can't equip dual bird. It's not x'd out like other weapons that are not equip able. Am I missing something? my Ata is over max with red ring.

Red Ring does not "increase your ATA over max", that's a very bad statement that seems to have taken hold.

Red Ring just adds to your total ATA like a weapon does, that's it. Nothing increases stats past max.

Red Ring does not "increase your ATA over max", that's a very bad statement that seems to have taken hold.

Red Ring just adds to your total ATA like a weapon does, that's it. Nothing increases stats past max.
Ya I realized that when I hit level 180 was just wondering why it's not x'd out and even if it would reflect huney would still be 1 point away from using dual bird. Just wondering

1. will a Phoenix Claw revive a hardcore player in the absence of a Scape Doll?
2. is it generally preferred to hunt S-parts 2.01 (1/10000 drop, N Gilchic) or bet from Coren?
3. in hardcore, would PW3 box hunting net Scape Dolls?
(figured this out, yes you can get Scapes this way)

ty ty

1.) Yes.
2.) I see people do both.

been a while since i negotiated with Paganini the rich d-bag.

when he says "all your photon drops" and i request an addslot, does he take them all regardless of how much the item in question costs? i feel like i remember he'll sell you a 99pd addslot if you let him.

been a while since i negotiated with Paganini the rich d-bag.

when he says "all your photon drops" and i request an addslot, does he take them all regardless of how much the item in question costs? i feel like i remember he'll sell you a 99pd addslot if you let him.

Unless @Sodaboy & co have prevented this then he should jew you. I still take the pds I need only and keep going back to the bank for each purchase.

On Normal-VH, what does knocking down the ceiling fixture on Vol Opt actually do? I've been playing this game since DC v1 and still have no idea.

On Normal-VH, what does knocking down the ceiling fixture on Vol Opt actually do? I've been playing this game since DC v1 and still have no idea.

If you don't manage to kill the "red pillar" in time, Vol Opt will shock you with a Gizonde-like attack. If the ceiling thingy is down, he will still shock you, but also shock himself in the process, giving you some time to do damage.

Unless @Sodaboy & co have prevented this then he should jew you. I still take the pds I need only and keep going back to the bank for each purchase.

"Jew" you?

Since the Christmas theme has been activated, are Saint Rappies findable? I know the Christmas event hasn't actually started, but with Halloween, it was possible to find Hallo Rappies once the theme was activated, even though the event didn't start for awhile afterwards. Is it the same way now with the Christmas theme?

Back