Quick question - Quick answer

It is not doable online, not even in one person mode. Here we have to just do quests repeatedly until one shows up.

Thanks for the answer, a friend and I were going to try this today, thanks for saving us a wasted afternoon!

• Any Maximum Attack reward quest can award them too, but you are still at the mercy of a similar system.
  • Random Attack Xrd Stage can possibly give one if you find one of the "secret" maps (areas).
  • It is a possible prize in the Switch Lottery in Rappy's Holiday as well. This is probably the most accessible yet least rewarding source overall.
You really have no choice other than lottery or trading, unfortunately.
Relating to farming TP mats, which method would be the best to use? I'm tempted to do the Maximum Attack stages on Normal to farm them early but I want to know beforehand if I'd be wasting my time.

Also, what other rewards are available through these quests?

Relating to farming TP mats, which method would be the best to use? I'm tempted to do the Maximum Attack stages on Normal to farm them early but I want to know beforehand if I'd be wasting my time.

At the moment you can get HBR credit through PW3, which awards coins for gallons shop roulette. It has a chance of Some rares, PDs, Mats, Grinders, and bogus rewards like monomates. HBR will help raise your DAR in those specific quests, which can help farm other items more effectively. This by no means is fast...

RNG is RNG, any method would be about the same reliability.

What's the best way to farm photon crystals? I tried running ep4 Max Attack E on normal a bunch but I didn't run into any rare mobs.

Honestly, I would not try to farm them specifically unless you really have nothing else to do anymore. Fluids are by far enough for teching, though I know it can feel like an expensive struggle for a long time. TP mats are kind of a long-term goal; you only get 250 TP, which is really not a lot.

That said, Phantasmal World/Villainous Rift and Maximum Attack 4/MA:E are probably overall the most worthwhile due to the potential drops from enemies in addition to the specific lotteries. Some of the other ones have very specific rewards that are probably only worth it if you are a collector.

The Lucky Roulette in gallon's Shop can give some potentially desirable 9★ rares with up to 60H I believe, and half of what is needed for Kouryu, along with HP or TP mats specifically (that is, it does not give other types of materials), PDs, grinders, and scapes. You get one Lucky Coin from PW/VR in N-VH, and one per-player that is in your party in Ultimate, making this better in a party.

The MA4 Venue can give you a couple exclusive, if mostly useless rares, a PC, stacks of 200K meseta, any material, grinders, and PDs.

MA3 is not often played but it is easy to solo as a FO on Normal with a bit of practice, and you can get materials, PDs, PCs and scapes. Rare enemies all drop PCs on normal too. If you can manage this on VH you have a decent way to farm PCs, though probably not the most efficient. This may be worth doing if you want any of the Type weapons as it is a possible reward, or if you have little time or cannot find games. The reward quest is The Beak's Cafe.

MA1 and 2 are probably even less-often played, but this how one would get Black Gear, along with mostly the usual fare. Through a lot of time and effort in these two quests, this is also how one obtains the Blue Ring and a Type weapon. The reward quest is Singing by the Beach. The machine here is rather annoying though since you can only use it once before you must remake the room, making it a lengthy process.

The Rappy's Holiday Switch Lottery only costs time and maybe a bit of meseta to get some points to start. I think materials may be the only thing of value here, and TP are available. If you are up for it however, you can access a sidequest that has the most hildebears of any quest, however it is not necessarily quick to access nor easy to complete. Aside from this though there is no combat. You get to be sparkly though.

Random Attack Xrd is not reliable enough, unless there is some method to guarantee the secret maps that I am unaware of. I have had TP materials though, and it gives a small amount of MA4 tickets as well. It is quite fun in any case.

Today's Rate also gives materials and grinders as rewards. While it is an interesting quest, it is quite long and far from efficient.

Note: I am not entirely sure that you can get HP/TP mats from the MA1/2 or 3 lotteries. The lottery for 1/2 is tedious and I have not done it a lot, and despite doing a nice amount of 3 I have never gotten any that I can recall. As long as Today's Rate is, I have not done it much either, so I can not yet confirm that as a source, though I have seen it listed as one.

I am sure the quest files list the rewards if anyone with experience with the tools can confirm.

The following post has info that is mostly correct for PW and MA3/4. The only thing wrong is that the Lucky Roulette in Blue Burst does not give up to 80H:
https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/ndws-guide-to-farming-photon-drops-wip.1098/

Last edited:
Quick question regarding tekking. You can only tekk specials up or down one tier right? Can my base Fill Mace can get tekked down 2 tiers to a Draw Mace?

I changed my HUcats ID to Blue, now I want to change his name, is he still going to be blue?
Thnx

In regard to the HBR quests, do I have to do them on a certain difficulty? Or can I just run normal and blaze through them if I wanted?

In regard to the HBR quests, do I have to do them on a certain difficulty? Or can I just run normal and blaze through them if I wanted?
Points you earn on the Hunters Boost Road are shared across all characters of your account. When completing a quest, you will gain points relative to the difficulty level you played the quest in. 1 point in Normal mode, 2 points in Hard mode, 4 points in Very Hard mode, and 6 points in Ultimate mode.

Can you find cookies in the Halloween event quest? Like, use a cookie to have a better chance at finding them?

I found a cookie in my very first cookie run, actually.
For your second question, the DAR bonus should help you find more cookies in theory, but they shouldn't be your main target, either.

whatever happened to the + and - on gear? Like finding elf arm ++, and such.
Someone else besides me cares, yay! So, this has actually been an issue since private servers began being a thing. The units with + and - would drop, but they wouldn't add their bonuses or penalties. So to avoid confusion and a gazillion inquiries about them, they just removed them altogether until the problem was figured out - but they never have. This probably has more to do with the fact that it's not a high priority issue more than it being impossible to do. I asked a couple of weeks ago in this thread if there was any update or attempt to fix it, and no one answered, so there's our answer.

I changed my HUcats ID to Blue, now I want to change his name, is he still going to be blue?
Thnx
I ran into this a month or two ago. I changed my Fomarl's name and indeed, the next time I logged in her Section ID reverted to match her new name. It did allow me to change her ID after that, but it had been too long for me to remember if I had changed her ID in the first place. I actually think I had, but there's no way for me to be 100% sure, anymore...

I'm not able to log in right now, but there's an easy way to test this. Make a new character, using a different character bank if you have to (ex: /cbank 2). Change the ID, change the name, see if the ID reverts and attempt to change it back if it does. I would also use the transport function at the desk to reload your character after each step so you can visually confirm the changes.

Is it common for a limiter to unseal before the 20k kill mark? Last night I was around 19xxx and I went to my limiter and use was available so I chose it. I forgot what it said but the limiter had became an adept. I checked my kill count and it was hundreds of kills short of 20k.

Is it common for a limiter to unseal before the 20k kill mark? Last night I was around 19xxx and I went to my limiter and use was available so I chose it. I forgot what it said but the limiter had became an adept. I checked my kill count and it was hundreds of kills short of 20k.
PSO Client and Ephinea Server counts kills differently. If you're using inventory readers to check kills, that could happen.
The way to get accurate server killcounts is to type /killcount while having those items equipped, or change block and then use inventory readers.

In case you want to know more: the client uses "frame kills", which means everything killed in the same frame only counts as one kill. So one rafoie cast = 1 kill at most, even if it killed like 12. That is very tedious. For a while Ephinea used the client way of counting kills, but eventually Sodaboy changed it to count "normally" so in this example it would count 12 kills.

I do not have an inventory reader. I did exactly what you said to do,/killcount. I was only off by less than a hundred so no harm or anything. I was just wondering if there was a glitch where if you had 1000 kills it would turn into adept.

I do not have an inventory reader. I did exactly what you said to do,/killcount. I was only off by less than a hundred so no harm or anything. I was just wondering if there was a glitch where if you had 1000 kills it would turn into adept.
After thinking more about it, I think somehow it was the other way around in your case: client got more kills (allowing you to "use" it) but server think there's less. If this is the case, it will probably revert back to limiter after changing block.

If that was not the case either then I don't actually know what's going on.

Back