Quick question - Quick answer

Not sure what you mean - they never activate twice, and trapping a frozen enemy won't reset the freeze timer. Maybe you're seeing people trap shoot?

Why does a freeze trap activate a second time under some circumstances, right when monsters are about to get unfrozen?
Is it % based or can anything be done to always get it?
For years, due to how PSO handles its damage data packets, when the connection latency is high, players' damage can cancel each other if the attacks were dealt close in time. We call this "damage cancel", "dmc" for short.

This bug is particularly frustrating as you might be trying to clear enemy waves efficiently, but your damage was cancelled by weaker attacks and you have to spend much more time clearing the wave, or you might be using risky but powerful weapons (berserk, Dark Flow) and if an enemy did not die as expected, it might kill you.

This bug had a fortunate side effect however. When multiple players were attacking the same frozen enemy, the freeze timer could potentially gets overwritten by the same timer from an earlier time, which causes the enemy to refreeze. This is especially useful in Challenge Mode, where a party could keep certain minibosses frozen for a long time as they keep attacking it.

Two months ago, a fix for this bug was pushed for Ephinea, which greatly alleviated this issue. But the current implementation actually allows you to dmc yourself in certain scenarios, which is most noticeable when you use a mechgun. As a side effect, you can now occasionally refreeze an enemy as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, never seen that before.

So, here's a pretty open question: what class do you guys think functions closest to optimal with the fewest number of weapons? ie a fomar who just keeps glide equipped and supports wouldn't be playing close to optimally

Yeah, never seen that before.

So, here's a pretty open question: what class do you guys think functions closest to optimal with the fewest number of weapons? ie a fomar who just keeps glide equipped and supports wouldn't be playing close to optimally
Any Ra and a Spread Needle :lenny:

OK please remember I've only played pso for about a year. Less than that I took 6 months off, but anyway, where do you get tp mats? I've yet to ever find one.

OK please remember I've only played pso for about a year. Less than that I took 6 months off, but anyway, where do you get tp mats? I've yet to ever find one.
Lucky roulette - use lucky coins from Phantasmal World Series of quests
Ma4 venue - tickets earned from MA4 quests and MAE quests

Ah ok. At first I thought maybe they were c mode only but then saw people selling them and didn't understand. One more question real quick. Why do wolves cast jellen and zalure on themselves? I wasn't paying much attention when I first started and thought they were casting shifta and deband but after paying attention I noticed it was j and z.

If you kill the head wolf (the Barbarous Wolf/Gulgus-Gue) the other wolves cast Jellen and Zalure.

As to why? Not sure XD

I guess they get sad without their leader T_T

If you kill the head wolf (the Barbarous Wolf/Gulgus-Gue) the other wolves cast Jellen and Zalure.

As to why? Not sure XD

I guess they get sad without their leader T_T
That's what I always guessed it being. In Episode 2, if you kill the head monkey, though, the others get pissed AF. (Shifta/Deband)

Okay, my brain is fried from trying to think this through. It would help if I were smarter. Halp.

Here's the scenario:
Ramarls (in theory) can max out all their stats perfectly and exactly using a Red Ring, v101, an Adept, and 250 mats.
But in order to do so, they'd need a 5/x/6/189-x mag. Meaning Power and Mind are interchangable as long as it adds up to 189.
Here's a visual aid: http://www.geocities.jp/psobb2007/s...127&eva=39&lck=23&shield=27&unit1=49&unit2=4e

I'm pretty sure this is impossible without using a Mark III mag, and I may make one like that for fun, but ideally I want a mag with PBs.
Essentially, to get as close as possible I want a low-DEX, low-DEF mag but I'm not sure how to do this.
Fun fact: Although of course extra DEX is more desirable than extra DEF, for every 2 DEF over on this mag means you'll be able to compensate for a lost point of POW/MIND by using a Power/Mind material instead of a Defense Material.

So anyway, yeah, wat do?

Okay, my brain is fried from trying to think this through. It would help if I were smarter. Halp.

Here's the scenario:
Ramarls (in theory) can max out all their stats perfectly and exactly using a Red Ring, v101, an Adept, and 250 mats.
But in order to do so, they'd need a 5/x/6/189-x mag. Meaning Power and Mind are interchangable as long as it adds up to 189.
Here's a visual aid: http://www.geocities.jp/psobb2007/s...127&eva=39&lck=23&shield=27&unit1=49&unit2=4e

I'm pretty sure this is impossible without using a Mark III mag, and I may make one like that for fun, but ideally I want a mag with PBs.
Essentially, to get as close as possible I want a low-DEX, low-DEF mag but I'm not sure how to do this.
Fun fact: Although of course extra DEX is more desirable than extra DEF, for every 2 DEF over on this mag means you'll be able to compensate for a lost point of POW/MIND by using a Power/Mind material instead of a Defense Material.

So anyway, yeah, wat do?
If you let DEF stay at 5 and try to minimize DEX, I don't remember the exact number but the minimum DEX is around 14~17. I haven't looked into the case of DEF higher than 5.

Back