Quick question - Quick answer

All weapons which drop in forest are more likely to have Native, rare or not. Only thing that changes is the chance of getting a certain number (fixed for rares, differs on area for common weapons).

I was just messing around in Sandbox mode, seeing what I want my future HUmar to be doing.

I couldn't help but notice that the S-Rank Axe has the Saber animation. I was just wondering if there's any chance of giving it the Sword animation, like the Victor Axe and Laconium Axe both have. It seems to me that the S-Rank variant should follow suit. Without having the different animation, the S-Rank Axe is simply 50 ATP better than the S-Rank Saber.

Well with the sword animation it's also just a worse saber because Victor Axe and related have saber ranges anyway.

So probably not. Plus the PMT is a rip from SEGA BB so it isn't wrong either.

There's better options than the S-Saber and S-Axe no matter which way one looks at it. Excalibur for example leaves them both in the dust. The only real reason to get either is for aesthetics.

This is rather where the idea of a Saber being a Saber, and an Axe being an Axe comes in.

I'd also say that the data being from Sega doesn't necessarily make it "right". Logically, it absolutely should have the Sword animation in line with the other two weapons it's based on. There's also no other S-Rank which has a different animation to its base weapon. It just screams "bug" or "oversight" to me; that Sega made it is no reason to keep it. That's not to mention that "Saber" is probably the default animation. They probably just forgot to code a different animation when they made the weapon.

In my opinion, the S-Rank Axe is an Axe and should work like an Axe, not a Saber. Even the statistics of the weapons suggest this, where the S-Axe is a little stronger but a little slower. They'd functionally have pretty similar DPS, while looking and feeling a little different. It's just another aesthetic choice.

I'll leave it there though. Can't really be bothered rocking the boat. lol

How much damage does a level 200 android's fire trap deal to a Booma in normal difficulty Forest?
FNSpoul.jpg

That's not to mention that "Saber" is probably the default animation. They probably just forgot to code a different animation when they made the weapon.
Victor Axe has the saber animation on V1/2 and hits one target. For some unknown reason, Sega decided to make it even worse by giving it the sword animation on V3/4 while still keeping it limited to only one target. V2 doesn't have S-Rank Axe, so it's a toss up as to whether Sega kept the original animation as a homage or was copypastaing Victor Axe data from the V2 codebase and forgot to gimp the animation type for the new S-Rank.

Is v501 greater than v502 or the other way around? How much HP does Heavenly/HP give?

pso-world.com isn't clear on the v50* descriptions, doesn't list Heavenly/HP, and just has God/HP giving 80 HP.

Victor Axe has the saber animation on V1/2 and hits one target. For some unknown reason, Sega decided to make it even worse by giving it the sword animation on V3/4 while still keeping it limited to only one target. V2 doesn't have S-Rank Axe, so it's a toss up as to whether Sega kept the original animation as a homage or was copypastaing Victor Axe data from the V2 codebase and forgot to gimp the animation type for the new S-Rank.
That's pretty interesting to know; thanks Ives.

There's really no way of knowing for sure what Sega had in mind for the weapon though, so I guess it comes down to whatever the Admins feel is right for it.

Probably a silly question, but does anyone know if there's a way to change the color of your mag ?

Since I'm a bit new to this RA stuff... what S-Ranks are good for RAmarl besides Needles? Is Berserk Launcher worth it on her?

Also, is a 0/25/0/0/50 DoB sphere-worthy?

Thanks! Off to bed now... ;3

Since I'm a bit new to this RA stuff... what S-Ranks are good for RAmarl besides Needles? Is Berserk Launcher worth it on her?

Also, is a 0/25/0/0/50 DoB sphere-worthy?

Thanks! Off to bed now... ;3

Berzerk Launcher (Berzerk Launcher is good on any RA)
Hell Launcher
Hell Shot
Demon's Shot

And yes, that DoB is good to sphere, specially if you combine it with Thirteen.

What's a good way to level starting out? I've been playing solo mostly, one player mode. Is online better? Any specific quests?
Once you can handle multimode Dragon, Towards the Future (TTF) is decent XP. If you're a Force and have gotten some decent Ra-techs, nuking E4 MAS/MU3/MA4X first room is even better XP.
(MAS = Maximum Attack S, MU3 = New Mop-up Operation 3, MA4X = Maximum Attack 4 -Stage 4X-, where X can be A,B, or C.)

If you were not able to handle those quests because you don't have higher end equipment from later areas yet, try to get them as they will be a pretty nice boost to your damage. Certain one person mode quests gives you a NPC companion which will make those later areas fairly easy. If you haven't leveled your mag fully yet, those will also help a lot. Doing MA4X first room will often end up with a lot common armor/frames you can sell for meseta for feeding the mag. Also, it will be a lot easier if you have people to play with. I prefer playing with players at the same level and gear, which is more fun as you learn the game, but the fastest way would definitely be getting carried by very high leveled players.

Once you can handle multimode Dragon, Towards the Future (TTF) is decent XP. If you're a Force and have gotten some decent Ra-techs, nuking E4 MAS/MU3/MA4X first room is even better XP.
(MAS = Maximum Attack S, MU3 = New Mop-up Operation 3, MA4X = Maximum Attack 4 -Stage 4X-, where X can be A,B, or C.)

If you were not able to handle those quests because you don't have higher end equipment from later areas yet, try to get them as they will be a pretty nice boost to your damage. Certain one person mode quests gives you a NPC companion which will make those later areas fairly easy. If you haven't leveled your mag fully yet, those will also help a lot. Doing MA4X first room will often end up with a lot common armor/frames you can sell for meseta for feeding the mag. Also, it will be a lot easier if you have people to play with. I prefer playing with players at the same level and gear, which is more fun as you learn the game, but the fastest way would definitely be getting carried by very high leveled players.

Thanks so much for the response! This is my first time getting into the finer details of this game, so all the information helps. I had some friends who started this with me, but they lost interest pretty quickly.

Back