Quick question - Quick answer

what do guys think is a good starting id to farm some items that will get me going. i will be playing a hunter

Is Amitie's Memo obtainable in this server? How? When?
Amitie's Memo is obtainable on Ephinea. It is available from events.

The following mag cells are also available, they appear in events:

- Pioneer Parts
- Heart of Morolian
- Yahoo! Engine

The events they appear in are not fixed, so be sure to pick them up if you're around for the event, or you'll have to buy them from another player.

Since it might also be asked: Tablet is obtainable from Coren and Liberta Kit is obtainable from Shambertin.
What is the best Heaven Punisher and Handgun: Guld hunts?
Skyly MU3 for Heaven Punisher, Whitill FoaM for Guld.

There's also Bluefull Ego for Heaven Punisher if you want something less effort, but it will take more time on average.

what do guys think is a good starting id to farm some items that will get me going. i will be playing a hunter

This is a really subjective question overall, since some people want certain items and other people don't, and different people have different plans in how to obtain the items. For starters you can take a look at this guide. Note that some IDs has drops that are good for a character but not good for the character to hunt on, e.g. RAmar/RAmarl is probably the best character to hunt Towers for certain Hunter gears. A huntable decent battle unit such as V101, H/Battle, or G/Battle is rather nice early on, but less useful later on. A huntable V502 is also nice, but that's kind of difficult to hunt solo and you might not want to hunt it on a Hunter character. Long term hunts for Hunters are good slicers (Diska of Braveman; some people use Charge Diska and skips this), good swords/partisans (Zanba, Yunchang, or TJS, and Flowen's 3084 for non-androids), good ATP-based multi-hit weapons (Jizai/Sange&Yasha, Black King Bar/Vivienne/Double Cannon/Girasole, Daylight Scar).

tl;dr: This question is really subjective, if you just want some random IDs thrown at you, could try Yellowboze (good stuff all around, has good VH addslot hunt), Whitill (has both V101, V502, RR, and some nice stuff), Skyly (if fancy swords are your thing; might want to put this ID on a RAmar/RAmarl though).

What is the best Heaven Punisher and Handgun: Guld hunts?
Apart from what Matt wrote, Purplenum has LDS first room Mericarols hunt, roughly as hard as Gibbles PW/Gi Gue SJS hunts. Girth's Spaceship quests is also good for Guld, since many things are vulnerable to Hell and delsabers are fairly common there.

What is a good armour + shield combo for my RAmar? level 112, still using Ultimate frame and hoping to improve it.

Last edited:
What is a good armour + shield combo for my RAmar? level 112, still using Ultimate frame and hoping to improve it.

Armor - Try to hunt or buy a Luminous Field or Lieutenant Mantle, both have pretty solid DFP for their level. Lieutenant Mantle also has built in Trap Vision, which is a double edged sword if you play with Casts who don't appreciate getting their traps det too early.

Shield - Get yourself a Ranger Wall from Gallon's Shop and never look back.

Armor - Try to hunt or buy a Luminous Field or Lieutenant Mantle, both have pretty solid DFP for their level. Lieutenant Mantle also has built in Trap Vision, which is a double edged sword if you play with Casts who don't appreciate getting their traps det too early.

Shield - Get yourself a Ranger Wall from Gallon's Shop and never look back.

You mean get yourself a pair of Samba Maracas and everything will work itself out.

Dress plate - EDK armour
Stealth suit - lv120 EVP armour (can be obtained for free by completing gallons plan a few times on vhard or ult solomode)

Paired with lieutenant mantle (and a dfp armour if you like them, many don't. - virus armour, aura field, luminous field) you'll be geared out completely.

Ranger wall is the only practical shield choice till RR.

For a Ramarl: is spirit s-rank needle viable or is it better to just stick with berserk?
The thing with Spirit is it has limitations. Once you are low on TP you are required to use a fluid otherwise you will keep missing (like when you forget/run out of meseta for Charge). Ofc you can stack multiple adepts to reduce TP cost, and use Parasite instead of Aura, carry 10x TFluid etc but Beserk is limitless. Also, if you make Spirit your restricted to two classes with Needle (Ramar/Ramarl), if you make Beserk, you will be able to use on any of the 4 Rangers in the future. If you are HC Beserk can be risky but I still prefer it on my sranks.

For a Ramarl: is spirit s-rank needle viable or is it better to just stick with berserk?
It's about as viable as Berserk, although Spirit is always harder to use than the other two sacrificial specials, and restricts usage of techs. Getting Berserk also means you can share it with an android ranger if you happen to have one or plan to make one.
Sacrificial Needles have less ATA than Sacrificial Arms, which is always an issue; Androids with Berserk Needle can freeze a group with a trap and do two combos while they're frozen, which is one situation where they fare "better" than Arms; meanwhile RAmarl may have to rely on her natural ATA. On the bright side it's safer than Berserk. Overall, they might or might not be more useful than Arms against certain waves, I'm not experienced enough to know that.

Is it worth using a Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou on HUcast/HUcaseal to possibly give an extra slot for them? (Like using POSS,Cure Unit,V502,Smartlink,ADEPT,C/Ability together etc.) or should I just stick with V101 Max Stats Plans? Would a BOVN Plan limit too much the armors I could use?

Also, what are the easiest ways to get Photon Crystals?

Last edited:
Is it worth using a Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou on HUcast/HUcaseal to possibly give an extra slot for them? (Like using POSS,Cure Unit,V502,Smartlink,ADEPT,C/Ability together etc.) or should I just stick with V101 Max Stats Plans? Would a BOVN Plan limit too much the armors I could use?

It's not worth as a max stat plan. You can use it above level 150 to save a slot if it makes it easier for you to level, but there are too many armors that you'll want to use when you reach level 200: D-Parts ver1.01 for some extra ATP, Thirteen to raise DoB's ATP and ATA, Dress Plate for EDK, Black Hound Cuirass for DFP, etc. Beeing stuck with BOVN isn't convenient.

Just use enough Power and Luck so you are not bound to V101. Sod Def mats. There might be situations where you want the extra slot.

As long as those Merges don't make the current single tech Merges obsolete, it would be okay, I think (20% boost, as you suggested).

It would make red/blue/yellow merges kind of useless though. Except for the very very niche situation of only using gifoie/rafoie and not wanting to gear swap.

As a RAmar, what four Units should I aim for?

Endgame:
V502
V101
Spare
Spare

Spare being for v801, Cure units, adepts, Resists or whatever you feel like juggling in and out.
Some people prefer to keep 801 always on (leaving 1 spare) but I personally use barehand cast and 801 Vol Opt only.

Last edited:
Back