Quick question - Quick answer

I don't think there is any bug even in Tethealla that does that.
If it were to happen, probably the whole item would be messed up.

Yep, definitely not a thing, that's an issue with SCHTServ's server software.

Haha. I remember that. Rip so many mags.

Too bad, it would come in handy this time around, and yeah most of the things I know about this game are from that server so xD Thanks!

Last edited:
How does one get a Blue ring?

The reason I ask is becau204 psow info on blue ring states E2 cm: http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=248

But I know this to not be true as shown here: http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2131

Is there such thing as C rank prize?

Also white ring: http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=204, is there the labyrinth quest still or is this obtainable?

I think Blue Ring is obtainable from Beach Laughter after you've collected the 'heart' of each id/class in MA1/2 (takes forever, google it). White Ring should be obtainable from Labyrinthine Trial.

I think Blue Ring is obtainable from Beach Laughter after you've collected the 'heart' of each id/class in MA1/2 (takes forever, google it). White Ring should be obtainable from Labyrinthine Trial.

What specifics to find quest?

Also, anyone know if ALR is obtainable outside of event/trade?

Last edited:
I need this information cleared up:

do you know how variable ATP works with grinders?
eg:
arms = 60-140, grinded = 80-160?
is that how?
(And then sphered. would it be 160-320?)

Response:
grinds should not count for sphering
that's what i remember at least, you can test it in sandbox though but im 95% sure Grinds don't take advantage of the sphering

Each grind is +2 ATP. Im unsure about sphere counting grind but I'm sure I saw @Matt somewhere say it did? I could be misreading something idk.

Last edited:
What exactly is Zero Divide's special? PSO-World says it has none, but in-game it clearly has a freezing one, but I don't know which tier.

(Bonus question: is zero divide good?)

Its Blizzard iirc, but even with hit and the extra % on Blizzard in Ephinea I see no particular use for it since requires being close to the enemy. If was gonna use Blizzard it'd be raygun or sranks: jcutter/needle.

Could be fun though on hucasey.

Question about mags: Say I'm a Ranger, I have a Mitra and I keep putting Dex into it until it hits 50, my POW is greater than my MIND when the Mitra hits 50, and my DEF is at 5. As a Whitil Ranger, will it evolve into a Kaitabha or a Madhu?

Level 50, B Type Ranger: DEX >= POW > MIND = Kaitabha.

Level 50, Type B Ranger: POW > MIND > DEX = Madhu.

So since you said it has 5 DEF, it's going to have more DEX than anything meaning Kaitabha.

I already forgot where I saw the post but I recently read that grinders/+ on weapons have no effect if Shifta is on you. Is that true?

I already forgot where I saw the post but I recently read that grinders/+ on weapons have no effect if Shifta is on you. Is that true?
Based on my observations, the formula is as such :
SHIFTA ATP BONUS=([BASE ATP]+[MAX WEAPON ATP]-[MIN WEAPON ATP])*((1.3*[TECHLEVEL]+10)/100)
Note: tech level in game client is always 1 lower than value shown, some values may vary a little due to hidden natural atp

So the weapon atp impact is minimal since it only takes into account the difference between min and max atp. However, do note if you make a weapon with a large variation of damage, it will show up. (Most vanilla weapons have such a low variable damage range.)
Thus, the way you handled machine guns, the 70-270 damage for the strongest one scales better than most other weapons since the variable range is bigger. For instance, katanas have no damage variation and become one of the weakest weapon while psy-amp 40-575 damage benefits from shifta the most out of all the weapons. If you hit 4 way pb, the bonus from shifta should become higher than the difference between the min and max atp. The damage would then become something like 649-1184 for the psy-amp weapon while the best katana would still be at 540-540.

I'm also not sure there's an easy balance fix for the way the game works. Be careful with vol opt though, I think it's the only monster in the game immune to zalure (If I remember right).

If that formula is right then grinders don't factor into the boost given by shifta because they work on both min and max atp of a weapon.

I recently read that grinders/+ on weapons have no effect if Shifta is on you. Is that true?
Not only do grinders have no effect, but weapons have no effect, either. Shifta boosts only your base ATP, so HUcast always gets ~800 ATP from Shifta 30, while FOnewearl always gets ~300 ATP, due to the huge disparity between their base ATP caps. The grind value just increases your ATP by grind amount x 2.

Not only do grinders have no effect, but weapons have no effect, either. Shifta boosts only your base ATP, so HUcast always gets ~800 ATP from Shifta 30, while FOnewearl always gets ~300 ATP, due to the huge disparity between their base ATP caps. The grind value just increases your ATP by grind amount x 2.

I was referring to total damage rather than specifically the shifta bonus. So I understand that shifta doesn't take into account ATP from your weapons or grinders, but I guess what I'm asking is, if you have Lv 30 shifta on you, and you have two (of the same) weapons, one ungrinded and one +99 grind, are you going to be doing the same amount of damage to enemies with either weapons?

That depends upon the percent of the weapon. AFAIK percentages only influence the base ATP of the weapon, so a weapon with high base ATP and 100% will do more damage than a weapon with low base ATP, a high grind value, and 100%, even though the displayed ATP value may be the same. I should probably do some testing along these lines, since qwerty hasn't popped in to enlighten us as to how it works.

Back