Quick question - Quick answer

Didn't think so, but it never hurts to check. Thanks, mate!

Something I've always wondered, where does the TypeSW/JSword actually come from normally? I know/think most of the TypeMs are from MA1/MA2 rewards, but theres some that aren't, and the SW/JSword is one of the not-MA1/2 rewards as far as I can tell?

I vaguely assume they're from MA3/MA4... but there's nothing concrete anywhere. Does it come from the Beak's Cafe lottery, or is it just unobtainable normally, and only available from seasonal events on Ephinea? I'd sure like one of those Spirit+Hit ones...

What was dec 11 maintenance about? Cant find any patchnotes. OR was it just a db cleanup? :)

Something I've always wondered, where does the TypeSW/JSword actually come from normally? I know/think most of the TypeMs are from MA1/MA2 rewards, but theres some that aren't, and the SW/JSword is one of the not-MA1/2 rewards as far as I can tell?

I vaguely assume they're from MA3/MA4... but there's nothing concrete anywhere. Does it come from the Beak's Cafe lottery, or is it just unobtainable normally, and only available from seasonal events on Ephinea? I'd sure like one of those Spirit+Hit ones...

Only available in events. Xmas will probably feature it.

What was dec 11 maintenance about? Cant find any patchnotes. OR was it just a db cleanup? :)
Ported the entire server code from Windows to Linux. Changed platforms. Some bugs cropped up as both a combination of compiling in 64-bit and also a couple of things we forgot to test.

Everything but the ship now is Linux (both patch servers, login server), ship still running on Windows. Fixed the bugs from last night (that we somehow missed) on my dev server but will do more testing before changing the ship to Linux again.

I was wondering if the stink frame defence carries over after 50+ defence to virus armor or is there no point in having more than +50 defence if you plan on making a virus armor?

sorry for the convoluted question, didnt know how to ask without it being so.

I was wondering if the stink frame defence carries over after 50+ defence to virus armor or is there no point in having more than +50 defence if you plan on making a virus armor?

sorry for the convoluted question, didnt know how to ask without it being so.
Virus Armor: Lafuteria caps out at 290 def (+50)/110 evp (+20), so there no stat benefit to having Stink Frame above +50 def. Anything over will be lost once it is converted, the only benefit is the ease of finding an armor that is at or above +50 defense/+20 evp.

Is there a sheet that lists the RDR and DAR values of each monster individually and seperated?
I use this resource. You have to mouse over the rate listed under each item to display the individual rates, but it works for me.

Hello Fellow Hunters ^w^,
In my opinion, the server restart for December 20th, update 2 : "units can now drop --,-,+, and ++ versions" is really fun.
Reminds me the old school Dreamcast/GameCube era ^w^.
I think this is a question for moderators.
Does this apply for the Heavenly units ?

Hello Fellow Hunters ^w^,
In my opinion, the server restart for December 20th, update 2 : "units can now drop --,-,+, and ++ versions" is really fun.
Reminds me the old school Dreamcast/GameCube era ^w^.
I think this is a question for moderators.
Does this apply for the Heavenly units ?

No, they're not allowed to be affected since they are a rare drop. Also, according to Ender who got this information from fuzziqersoftware, only units below 0x10 in the index, which aren't rare, can have modifiers applied. That means only the following items can be affected by modifiers on GC/BB:

Code:
0x00000301,Knight/Power,0
0x00010301,General/Power,0
0x00020301,Ogre/Power,0
0x00040301,Priest/Mind,0
0x00050301,General/Mind,0
0x00060301,Angel/Mind,0
0x00080301,Marksman/Arm,0
0x00090301,General/Arm,0
0x000A0301,Elf/Arm,0
0x000C0301,Thief/Legs,0
0x000D0301,General/Legs,0
0x000E0301,Elf/Legs,0
Modifiers can still technically be applied to /HP, /TP, /Body, /Luck, /Ability and Resist items and they work fine, but apparently we're not supposed to drop them modified since GC, so they don't drop modified here.

Does anyone know if amps drop from set boxes i.e: boxes that only always drop the same items every run? It woudl save me a lot of time in a hunt to know that I dont have to break them.

Does anyone know if amps drop from set boxes i.e: boxes that only always drop the same items every run? It woudl save me a lot of time in a hunt to know that I dont have to break them.
Like the brown/gold ones? Then no.

Quick one here. Do weapons from the Item Shop (purchased with Item Ticket) come with any % or Hit %. ?

Like Le Cogneur and so on

Would there be a demand for a thread, with the title "Why I play on Ephinea and why I love doing it"?

Or a similar thread that would concentrate on the brighter things that users have experienced with the Community, the Server, Staff and so on?
I just thought negativity is all around us in the "real" world. And people tend to be more vocal about negative stuff, instead of letting everyone know about the positive stuff.

I would create the thread and post various things... if there is a demand for that.. I am full of stuff to tell.. ^^
Hopefully more people feel the same way and share their good memories, experiences and so on.

Anyone know a way to disable the rare drop sounds? I updated my old install and really wish they didn't come with the update. Deleting the .oggs for them doesn't seem to do the trick either.
The rare drop sounds USED TO use the .ogg files, but it hasn't for awhile; they are now in the ephinea.pac file found in the data/sound folder rather than the data/ogg folder.
To silence the rare drops you will want to download PAC Manager and edit the offending sounds to mute them.

edit:
Judging by the deletion of the ask, I can only assume the answer may not be needed anymore.
But, it is however worth noting for anyone looking at this, Spuz has made a Mod to achieve the opposite of this goal at Spuz Mods: and he also had this comment to add
the launcher updates the file [ephinea.pac] every time you launch it. The only way to block this would be to stop reading from the folder (not recommended).
so editing ephinea.pac to disable only the rare drop sounds also comes with the steps of preventing the launcher with replacing the file.

Last edited:
Back