Quick question - Quick answer

When playing in Solo mode, can some Side Story quests be repeated? Are enemies and items from boxes and drops and the like predetermined on your account before doing these quests?

I was recently convinced by a friend to try this game, and he said as a starting tip to get to The Fake in Yellow quest and find a blue rappy, since they apparently give a lot of exp and drop rare items. Well, I noticed that the quests leading up to it couldn't be repeated, so before completing the quest, I just cancelled it and redid the quest a few times out of fear I wouldn't be able to do the quest again. However, not only did I not find any blue rappies, it seems like all the items I pick up are the same each run I've done. If enemies and items are predetermined, does this mean I have no chance of actually finding a blue rappy since none showed up, or is it actually just random and I've been unlucky?

When playing in Solo mode, can some Side Story quests be repeated? Are enemies and items from boxes and drops and the like predetermined on your account before doing these quests?

I was recently convinced by a friend to try this game, and he said as a starting tip to get to The Fake in Yellow quest and find a blue rappy, since they apparently give a lot of exp and drop rare items. Well, I noticed that the quests leading up to it couldn't be repeated, so before completing the quest, I just cancelled it and redid the quest a few times out of fear I wouldn't be able to do the quest again. However, not only did I not find any blue rappies, it seems like all the items I pick up are the same each run I've done. If enemies and items are predetermined, does this mean I have no chance of actually finding a blue rappy since none showed up, or is it actually just random and I've been unlucky?
Side story quests can be repeated once all are cleared on the character in that difficulty. But this progress is per character and per difficulty. Clearing them all on one character will not unlock them on other characters or in other difficulties.

Rare enemies and items are not predetermined on your account. This server uses the rare enemy rate from Gamecube and Xbox by default which is 1/500 for all enemies except the EP4 Boss variants which are 1/10. Even with the event's current boosts, the rare enemy rate for a rappy is 1/250.

Side story quests can be repeated once all are cleared on the character in that difficulty. But this progress is per character and per difficulty. Clearing them all on one character will not unlock them on other characters or in other difficulties.

Rare enemies and items are not predetermined on your account. This server uses the rare enemy rate from Gamecube and Xbox by default which is 1/500 for all enemies except the EP4 Boss variants which are 1/10. Even with the event's current boosts, the rare enemy rate for a rappy is 1/250.

Thank you for the response. Ironically, I found a blue rappy during my run right before checking back here. Sadly, though, it didn't give as much exp as my friend said, since I didn't even level up after beating it (currently level 10). It also didn't drop any kind of weapon or anything; just a mind material which I couldn't even use. Still, at least now I know. Thanks again

Hello Fellow Hunters >^w^<,

There is a question that I have always asked myself : Fights with NPCs in Side Story quests or - for exemple - The Restless Lion are really poorly done "w"

How is it can be... while combat gameplay is so fluid against monsters ?
Do you think this could be corrected nowadays ?
This could lead to some very interesting future quest with NPCs.

I think (think, been taking a lot of brain damage lately) NPCs are actually capable of combos but it wasn't used for whatever reason.

Otherwise they are stuck doing a tech, very vulnerable to freeze, get stuck path finding, and can't understand the concept of moving anywhere other than towards you.

so no

I have a quick question hoping to get an easy answer. I started a sandbox account in hopes to duplicate my old (very old) GCN characters. With the /levelup and /item commands, it's pretty easy!

BUT!... now I'm doing materials to match my characters, and I just did a few mats for 1 stat of one character and my fingers are getting tired.

Since now the material stacks in this version, is there a way to generate a stack of 10, 20, 50 mats? For example a mind mat the code is 030B0100, 00000000, 00000000, 00000000. How would I modify this to generate my desired number?

Many thanks!

EDIT : Got it! Well, kinda. Replacing 00500000 in the second set gave me 80 materials. Works; I'll just chuck the rest :)

Last edited:
I have a quick question hoping to get an easy answer. I started a sandbox account in hopes to duplicate my old (very old) GCN characters. With the /levelup and /item commands, it's pretty easy!

BUT!... now I'm doing materials to match my characters, and I just did a few mats for 1 stat of one character and my fingers are getting tired.

Since now the material stacks in this version, is there a way to generate a stack of 10, 20, 50 mats? For example a mind mat the code is 030B0100, 00000000, 00000000, 00000000. How would I modify this to generate my desired number?

Many thanks!

EDIT : Got it! Well, kinda. Replacing 00500000 in the second set gave me 80 materials. Works; I'll just chuck the rest :)
You can also just download item creator from this link and save you the pain of writing hex codes.

I played on Ephinea a few years ago before stopping (admittedly I didn't get too far!)

Lately I've had the itch to start playing again. Personally I much prefer to play games solo when I can, so with that in mind I was wondering if anyone could help me out with how to level up/gear from scratch in a more optimal way? When I first started I would just kind of play the story missions on the difficulties I could handle and picked up whatever happened to drop...

I plan to roll up a HuCast with the section ID Redria (I've read you can get a good unit from this ID which increases your attack speed a lot) but I'll welcome any other suggestions. Like what the best first/early mag to shoot for is (I think I had a Nidra all those years ago?)

I played on Ephinea a few years ago before stopping (admittedly I didn't get too far!)

Lately I've had the itch to start playing again. Personally I much prefer to play games solo when I can, so with that in mind I was wondering if anyone could help me out with how to level up/gear from scratch in a more optimal way? When I first started I would just kind of play the story missions on the difficulties I could handle and picked up whatever happened to drop...

I plan to roll up a HuCast with the section ID Redria (I've read you can get a good unit from this ID which increases your attack speed a lot) but I'll welcome any other suggestions. Like what the best first/early mag to shoot for is (I think I had a Nidra all those years ago?)
It sounds like you saw a suggestion for GC (in which God/Battle only dropped for Redria) whereas it's significantly easier to get rolling on Ephinea due to trading.

The optimal way to start is probably to play a ranger (shots are insane) and just feed mags while looking for some Photon Drops, since things like Heavenly/Battle and Spread Needle are very cheap from other players.

As for mag evolution and section ID advice, besides leaving DEF at 5 while raising DEX to 45 and making sure it gains Mylla&Youlla at 50 and a fourth evolution with a DEF+DEX=POW character, pretty much all preference unless you want the TJ Sword as Skyly

At a certain ATA/hit breakpoint, does SNS start becoming less effective than a regular NSS combo? Or should SNS always be used no matter the hit?

e.g. SNS vs NSS with a 50hit SoF on FOml

Last edited:
Well. SNS will always be more accurate because Normal attacks are by nature. Using NSS is better from being able to start with N at closer ranges, potentially allowing you to be in a position for the next spawn. This doesn't always work out though, specifically in situations where you are not guaranteed to combo kill or paralyze (Demons miss = might get bonk.) Being able to hit stun the enemy might be an issue too depending on the weapon + range.

So yes, SNS can be less effective if you're at 100% accuracy. But you might as well do SSS with something like SoF unless you're okay gambling (then you can do SSH.)

I think (think, been taking a lot of brain damage lately) NPCs are actually capable of combos but it wasn't used for whatever reason.

Otherwise they are stuck doing a tech, very vulnerable to freeze, get stuck path finding, and can't understand the concept of moving anywhere other than towards you.

so no
I remember seeing Kireek making Combos with his Scythe for sure. At least on the Dreamcast they made combos. Not always, and quite slow too, but they made combos at least. Gotta try the regular missions with Kireekt on Ephinea to see if some things changed. But yeah, a better AI would be awesome. I mean, they could at least heal you and give Anti, or made comments. It was / or is not that bad.

Another quick question regarding key bindings. I'm playing controller, but would like to use the 1-10 shortcuts for techs/mates & fluids. How can I rebind these shortcuts to use the numpad instead of the regular number row - is there a way in-game? I could always modify my keyboard profile under a 3rd party app... but I feel like there's likely a simpler way?

EDIT: disabling num-lock seemed to do the trick

Last edited:
Hello everyone ^w^,
my total XP behave in a curious way since I reach Lv200. They remain at 83,227,800 Pts when I play.
I need to transport anywhere via the lobby office for my actual total XP to appear correctly.
Is it the same for everyone to lv 200 or is there something that doens't work well for me ?

Hello everyone ^w^,
my total XP behave in a curious way since I reach Lv200. They remain at 83,227,800 Pts when I play.
I need to transport anywhere via the lobby office for my actual total XP to appear correctly.
Is it the same for everyone to lv 200 or is there something that doens't work well for me ?
That is normal, past 200 to see your 'real' exp, a reload of the block is needed.

What are the most efficient enemy-dense quests in the game? I.e. few annoying traps/puzzles/minibosses, low HP enemies like Forest/Caves, and a lot of spawns.

Asking regarding upcoming Halloween minievent.

Back