Quick question - Quick answer

Would anybody care to recommend me a MAG build?

I'm a lv.53 HUcaseal. I play solo more than with others. I can solo Hard Episode 1 comfortably but Booma's knock me down almost every time on Very Hard. I'm not looking to max character stats and I doubt I'll ever reach lv.200, so I just need a decent MAG for the here and now.

I currently have two mags:
Kama, lv.74 with Farla, Pilla, Golla. 29/39/6/0
Varuna, lv.19 with Farla. 8/0/2/9

I feel like the Shifta & Deband from Mylla & Youlla would be handy as a solo CAST, so I was planning on evolving Varuna into Vayu at lv.35 by making sure the MIND stat is highest. Where shall I go from there?

Thanks!

Sorry to be that guy, but any news on the anniversary event this year?
My guess would be they'd let the current rbr end first and then it'll start next weekend.

Also, to Acidbearboy, I'd recommend you start off with a 5/150/45/0 mag with twins and whatever else. It's a great place to start. If you start with monomates from 5-10 and antidotes from 10-50 and give it to anyone where it becomes Ila at 50, you'll get twins without having to put any points in mind. At 50+ it's easy, just use mates to raise pow and antis to raise dex and you should be able to adjust them as you like.

Thanks Miku!

Another question today. I use an Xbox controller to play - is there any way to map the d-pad to the right stick?

Sorry to be that guy, but any news on the anniversary event this year?
News is...It's coming 'on schedule~!'. Server gods have been working hard and pretty much ironed out finalizing the end result....IF MEW WOULD STOP BEING A BRAT and harassing them~! =P <3!

Against which exact enemies will weapon attribute %s not affect damage?

Gibble, Gi Gue, Mericarol, Merikle, Mericus, Olga Flow 2

Basically Big Rock Money, Big Hornet, and Big Death Flowers. With Olga Flow Dark % works on form 1 but not 2.

Hello fellow Hunters ^w^,
does anyone know the Anniversary Platimum Badge drop rate ?

Hello fellow Hunters ^w^,
does anyone know the Anniversary Platimum Badge drop rate ?
1/2,000,000 as of last year. I know at least 2 got it so far.

Would like to know Gold rate. I feel like it’s 1/2,000 like Xmas presents or cookies.

QQ: Using DoB in Seabed as a DF-less V502 HUcast; Y/N?

Background: For the past couple weeks I was running A1 seabed solo hunting for HS, and basically felt like I was always defaulting to Hell Raygun on basically everything not named Deldepth or Delbiter. I don't have a Hell slicer/j-cutter, but in the few times I feel like it might be worth using DoB on a pack of dolms or something I don't seem to be able to actually take them out with an SSS combo, and I'm just left in kind a poor position. So I'm really just wondering if I should store the DoB and Thirteen for Seabed, or if there are some situations I don't know about that would make it valuable to haul around in there. I also realized the other day that Seabed upper is already 443 drop pattern, so I probably won't bother making it A1 anymore, at least.

QQ: I saw some mention of a quest that has a full count of enemy kills for a character (or maybe it's account wide?), but where would I find it? I started using the kill counter addon a little while ago, but kind of want to update it with historical data.

@pierrot A: HUcast does very well with SN glitch on ES Hell Cutter/Slicer. DoB is a bad idea because Dolmolm enemies have a ranged melee that will often kill after Berserk. If sphered then maybe a different story.

Buy ES Hell J-Cutter.

In E2 I only DoB with HUcast in Temple and Gilchics. I only play normal mode though. Even with massive ATP DoB is much more for E1 and E4.

AA: Seasons NPC in the weapons shop can tell you your overall enemy kills IIRC.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'd only ever played PSO on Dreamcast until fairly recently, so it's nice to have some feedback on E2. I appreciate it.
Guess I'll stash the DoB for most E2 activities. If only challenge mode were reasonable to solo. :/

AA: Seasons NPC in the weapons shop can tell you your overall enemy kills IIRC.
The Anniversary badge shop quest? I don't see any NPCs in the usual shop area other than the regular shop ones. Not the red-haired HUne in the hunter's guild, right? I think I can see the total number of enemies I've killed for the seasonal event with her, but I saw someone mention something that sounded like a way to check career totals, broken out by enemy, in a particular quest. I might just be confused, though.

My bad. It was actually mentioned on the previous page of this thread, and I forgot about it: Episode 2 Shop Quest "My Career."

Last edited:
Is there a youtube series of the entire lore of Phantasy star online? Through all of the games? I don't remember if I've found one or not. I like lore videos a lot and was wondering if anyone has done it before. Any help is appreciated.

What kind of equipment do I need to improve my Huney and Ramarl?
That question is a bit vague without knowing what you already have, what kind of budget and such, but Ephinea's Wiki has a nice page about each class with a 'Recommended Equipment' section to give you a clue of what you should go for.

Here is RAmarl's page with a few notable yet budgeted options being:
0 hit Excalibur, 50 hit Charge Arms, 0 hit Heaven Striker, 50 hit Charge Vulcan, 0 hit Frozen Shooter, 50 hit Hell & Demon's Raygun/Laser, Ranger Wall and an attack speed up unit Heavenly/Battle (v101 is a bit better, but more expensive) and v501 (v502 is A LOT better, but also more expensive).

And since HUnewearl doesn't have a 'Recommended Equipment' section I will just do the same budgeted yet effective options list here:
0 hit Excalibur, 50 hit Charge Calibur, 50 hit Charge Diska/ 30+ hit Diska of Braveman, 50 hit Charge Raygun , 50 hit Charge Vulcan, 0 hit Slicer of Fanatic, 50 hit Hell Raygun, Kasami Bracer, Smartlink, Heavenly/Battle and v501. And if you chose Diska of Braveman which is stronger but uses HPs to do damage, you will want the armor Thirteen.

By no means is the list I gave complete nor is it the best, but it is a very cheap option for a complete load that will be effective most places in the game even at level 200 and with the added bonus of half the gear being sharable between both classes (or basically any class you will play). Also there are the techniques you should learn like SD/JZ/Resta/Etc and don't forget material (hp/power/mind/luck/etc) and lvl 200 mags following somewhat of a recommended guide. Those things and the weapons above should improve your characters above and beyond.

@Usagi

Wow! Thank you very much for the detailed explanation and the character guide! I didn't know that a guide exists for PSO BB.

Reading through your list it seems like that I already have most the basic equipment. But I think that I should get a v502, the Ranger Wall and a Hell Raygun next!

Is there a list of hidden/secret items list for PSO BB somewhere? I'd consider the Ranger Wall as one of these items. Never heard anything about the Ranger Wall before!

Thank you so much for your stunning answer!

@Usagi

Wow! Thank you very much for the detailed explanation and the character guide! I didn't know that a guide exists for PSO BB.

Reading through your list it seems like that I already have most the basic equipment. But I think that I should get a v502, the Ranger Wall and a Hell Raygun next!

Is there a list of hidden/secret items list for PSO BB somewhere? I'd consider the Ranger Wall as one of these items. Never heard anything about the Ranger Wall before!

Thank you so much for your stunning answer!
While I do not know of any specific list of items that are "hidden/secret", there are a few notable places where you can get items that otherwise don't drop in game; those places are Claire's Deal 5, Gallon's Shop, Black Paper's Deal 2, To The Deepest Blue -MA4 Venue- and Challenge Mode. Challenge Mode being special and not strictly a quest like the others, it is a series of quests/areas that is done as a group only and if the challenge is met pays out some must have items known informally as S Ranks.
Once you have the photon drops, these S Ranks are where I would look towards to step up your gear to the next level since you can add specials to them that have no reductions, making them good at targeting multiple times with Hell or Demon's.

As for Ranger Wall, as stated on the Wiki it can be found in the Gallon's Shop quest. All it takes is a little time, a little meseta and a lot of button-mashing; just load up the quest; go to the second door on the left (assuming youre walking from quest counter, its right before the item shop on the same side), talk to the lady and warp, play the top left console's game "button-mashing" until you get 300 and then talk to the guy in the same room and the option to get a Wall for the character class you are on.
It is worth noting the option for the Wall will not appear with under 300 points accumulated and you can only get 1 Wall per character and it is class specific, so do these step only on your RAnger as Ranger Wall is generally considered the only useful one of the three.

Back