Quick question - Quick answer

Potentially kind of a dumb question, but I got a Lame d'Argent the other day with 15 Machine/15 Hit, and I wasn't really sure if that would be good enough to go ahead and try to unlock, or if it would be preferable to hold out for a potentially better roll. Despite being in the server ticker, it doesn't seem like it's all that rare a drop. So I just wasn't sure if people tend to stick with whatever Lame they get, or target something with a certain amount of Hit.
Heck a hitless Excalibur is already potent and usable. 15h is definitely solid. Its just not desired for sphering hence being maybe low on the PD market.

Lames are stupidly rare and the hit% hunt is long. CGs on actually finding something that a lot of people struggle to.

So it might not be worth merging it... unless MM is such a hammer as a mechgun that it compensate the quick dp loss. Is it?

that's cool for modsecid, i really consider changing my purplenum ramarl into a bluefull so i can hunt Nei's Claw much more easily than on my huney.
Correct, if your goal is to use it for Divine Punishment, it's better uncombined

MM is not really worth it at all as a mechgun, the auto targetted hard attack (special when no DP) can be fun and it sure is strong when sphered but will it out DPS Sacrificial Vulcans? No.

I would keep the HP for DP honestly, best way to DP since striker mag is so damn ugly.

Potentially kind of a dumb question, but I got a Lame d'Argent the other day with 15 Machine/15 Hit, and I wasn't really sure if that would be good enough to go ahead and try to unlock, or if it would be preferable to hold out for a potentially better roll. Despite being in the server ticker, it doesn't seem like it's all that rare a drop. So I just wasn't sure if people tend to stick with whatever Lame they get, or target something with a certain amount of Hit.

Like Razakel said 0h excals are already a treat. I know people who have even sphered hitless ones. Not to mention Hunter's can use POSS and Rangers already have absurd ATA. People also tend to prefer to use excals with %'s over hit ones with no %'s because of the damage scaling, this is why even 0h ones with some %'s in can sell well. (Though obviously hit is epic and people can invest into sphereing them for hit and big damage). I would 100% unseal that as a first excal, you will not regret it.

Last edited:
Whats the best quest for unsealing?

I remember there being a quest on ep4 used for leveling super fast with a lot of mobs. But I can't seem to find it nor remember it's name.
Help please :]

Whats the best quest for unsealing?

I remember there being a quest on ep4 used for leveling super fast with a lot of mobs. But I can't seem to find it nor remember it's name.
Help please :]

The best quest for unsealing is 'beyond the horizon'. It costs 10k meseta per run. You can also do 'cals clock challenge' in ep2 for free which is pretty good also.

Last edited:
4 new questions for today:

-I'd like to hunt for a Red Ring at some point, does increased RDR work for bosses?

-I don't like the idea of using charge special and not really berserk either besides specific situations... how important is it that I use one of those? say I join a team and do runs, would it be frowned upon if I wasn't using one of those specials?

-I realized on my Racast after dying a lot I need some major dark resist in certain areas and, after looking at the guide, I see anti-dark ring and dress plate are good options. I don't want to get both if I don't have to is one preferred or is it situational? maybe If I had a red ring I'd want to use dress plate? that leads to my next question...

-how do I go about doing Tyrell's ego? practice a bunch? make a public game and wing it? Or look for an experienced group?

Thanks!

Last edited:
4 new questions for today:

-I'd like to hunt for a Red Ring at some point, does increased RDR work for bosses?

-I don't like the idea of using charge special and not really berserk either besides specific situations... how important is it that I use one of those? say I join a team and do runs, would it be frowned upon if I wasn't using one of those specials?

-I realized on my Racast after dying a lot I need some major dark resist in certain areas and, after looking at the guide, I see anti-dark ring and dress plate are good options. I don't want to get both if I don't have to is one preferred or is it situational? maybe If I had a red ring I'd want to use dress plate? that leads to my next question...

-how do I go about doing Tyrell's ego? practice a bunch? make a public game and wing it? Or look for an experienced group?

Thanks!
-Correct, increased RDR works for bosses but not DAR , since bosses have a 100% DAR.

-If you 're not using sacrificial specials such as berzerk, spirit or charge , i suggest you to use high atp weapon to compensate.

For example:

Mille Marteaux, Guld Milla, Red Mechguns or Rage de Feu/Foudre/Ame/Glace as mechguns.

Rainbow Baton/Slicer of Fanatics/Red Slicer as Diskas.

note that the red series have attack and accuracy bonus when you wear a Crimson Coat.

-There are several options to raise your EDK : Anti Dark Ring, Gratia (for Casts),Three Seals (for Forces), Brightness Circle, Dress plate, Adept, Heavenly Resist ...

You will need 66/72 EDK to resist 100 % Lillies megid in ep1/2, 92 EDK for Del Lillies and 100 EDK for Ill Gills.

Be aware that EDK resist won't protect you against Mericarol's spits.

If you want an Anti Dark Ring:

-First, you need to study Tyrell's Ego because there are numerous hidden monsters and you need to kill them all for ADR.

@Spuz made an awesome guide that you can find here: https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/te-adr-guide.21773/

-Second, the best way to gather a serious team for it, is probably here or on discord.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Do we know the drop rates of the event badges? I'm curious because I thought golds were supposed to be worth 1PD, but I've found maybe a dozen+ PD this month and 0 gold badges. [edit I found 1 lol]
For that matter, do we know the drop rate of PDs in general?

Last edited:
Do we know the drop rates of the event badges? I'm curious because I thought golds were supposed to be worth 1PD, but I've found maybe a dozen+ PD this month and 0 gold badges.
For that matter, do we know the drop rate of PDs in general?
Pds are 1:1000
Gold badge is 1:2000 IIRC but i think the info is usually not publically provided

pd drop rate cannot be meaningfully calculated since it is a random tool drop affected by DAR boosts (more pds), RDR boosts (less pds), and monster/box dar & set drop.

Ty Rook for the detailed reply.

Alright, new day... new questions. Can somebody tell me a little bit more about finding +%hit weapons? I see a ton of them on people's trade lists. I've yet to find a desirable weapon with hit in almost 300 hours on Ephinea (mostly referring to non-rare). Seeing as the 50 hit ones are generally 1PD they can't be that rare.

I've seen shops mentioned without much detail, does Episode matter? Is there a specific technique or way to refresh the shop?

I think I've heard certain areas have a better chance to drop high hit weapons, so Ruins might be better than Forest for hunting, for example?

What about finding weapons with hit as drops in Episode 1 vs 2, does it matter?

More recently I'm using the item/floor viewer with the 40+ hit filter but not much luck.

My next question is about combos.

From greatest to least accuracy when attacking:
Normal > Heavy > Special
1st Combo > 2nd Combo > 3rd Combo

From the first page, is this always true? In my experience 1st combo is least accurate unless I'm interpreting that wrong. Generally my combos are normal, heavy, heavy (N,H,H), or N, H, S, or N, S, S. Is there some more specific or better way to combo? And is weapon type a factor?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Alright, new day... new questions. Can somebody tell me a little bit more about finding +%hit weapons? I see a ton of them on people's trade lists. I've yet to find a desirable weapon with hit in almost 300 hours on Ephinea (mostly referring to non-rare). Seeing as the 50 hit ones are generally 1PD they can't be that rare.

I've seen shops mentioned without much detail, does Episode matter? Is there a specific technique or way to refresh the shop?

I think I've heard certain areas have a better chance to drop high hit weapons, so Ruins might be better than Forest for hunting, for example?

More recently I'm using the item/floor viewer with the 40+ hit filter but not much luck.

From the first page, is this always true? In my experience 1st combo is least accurate unless I'm interpreting that wrong. Generally my combos are normal, heavy, heavy (N,H,H), or N, H, S, or N, S, S. Is there some more specific or better way to combo? And is weapon type a factor?

Thanks!
You're very welcome.

-Common weapons with 50% hit are not that rare indeed.

Actually there are 3 ways to get them (formerly 4 with scavenger badge shop)

1-You simply find them on the field :

Some areas are more likely to drop hit% weapons: Mine, Ruins, CCA, Seabed , Desert and some IDs too. (for example Yellowbose in ep1/2)

2-The Restless Lion Quest : It's a quest in ep4 where you can steal weapons with specials from NPCs.
They come with 0/30/50 % in different attributes , including hit.

3-From lv 151 , 50 hit% weapons can be found randomly in Pioneer's weapon shop : Charge, Berzerk, Spirit . Episode doesn't matter though the pipe/shop distance is shorter in ep1/4.

-N,H,H N,H,S and N,S,S are the most common ways to combo depending on weapon and/or enemy.

Though, a lot of people like to exploit a combo gitch called S,N,S mostly with diskas.

From a certain distance your first combo will land on monster with the accuracy of the second.
It happens when your first projectile has not reached its target yet and you already throw the next one.
It's commonly used for charge, berzerk, spirit, demon etc....

Other ways to combo can be useful situationally : N,N,N for locking Vol Opt's screens with a needle for example

Last edited:

Thanks!
If you've got the filter on I don't see why you wouldn't have seen a 40%+ untekked weapon(Remember weapons can be tekked up 10%) But you could just be unlucky. However, due to event i see them fairly often(it does depend on the level ur running)

If you are looking to refresh shop, just go to forest(EP1 is best purely for speed to my knowledge) TP back and forth check shop/repeat. TPing refreshes the shop. EP1 has the shortest run. (I Guess ep4 is the same)

The area chance I believe this post covers it. https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/weapon-attributes-and-percentages-guide.20520/ However I did read this info on the wiki also. The episodes don't matter per se except they may offer certain rolls, you should check it out. Also, note the ID you are running the game on has a large impact on what common weapon drops you may get. (Skyly for swords, Purple for guns etc)

For the combos it really depends largely on class and weapon. Some weapons can be abused such as slicers which SNS can be used to hit easily.

Last edited:
If you've got the filter on I don't see why you wouldn't have seen a 40%+ untekked weapon(Remember weapons can be tekked up 10%) But you could just be unlucky. However, due to event i often see them fairly often(it does depend on the level ur running)
yeah I think it may have to do with the areas I run I still like to do Forest and stuff, my comfort zone. I don't do a lot of Ep. 2 because I don't have the pieces I want like Hell ES Needle and more Dark resist gear, etc.

Thank you for the link, I'll check it out.

-N,H,H N,H,S and N,S,S are the most common ways to combo depending on weapon and/or enemy.

Though, a lot of people like to exploit a combo gitch called S,N,S mostly with diskas.

Thank you Rook very informative once again :) Good to know about being 151+ for shops.

Q: Does being defeated on Ephinea cause any negative effect other than being sent back to Pioneer 2? I'm new and playing with some experienced-in-PSO friends who have taught me to always bank meseta before going to Ragol, but it's been a few years since they played on Ephinea (and several other servers) and they also have a lot Gamecube-PSO experience, so it's possible that their ingrained habit is no longer relevant.

(I ran a quick test after seeing a slant reference to 'lost game mechanics' and seeing no mention of this in the Beginner's Guide. I saw no loss-from-defeat, but it was only a few hundred meseta at stake, so I'd like some confirmation first before putting the the stashes of me and my friends at risk, heh.)

Q: Does being defeated on Ephinea cause any negative effect other than being sent back to Pioneer 2? I'm new and playing with some experienced-in-PSO friends who have taught me to always bank meseta before going to Ragol, but it's been a few years since they played on Ephinea (and several other servers) and they also have a lot Gamecube-PSO experience, so it's possible that their ingrained habit is no longer relevant.

(I ran a quick test after seeing a slant reference to 'lost game mechanics' and seeing no mention of this in the Beginner's Guide. I saw no loss-from-defeat, but it was only a few hundred meseta at stake, so I'd like some confirmation first before putting the the stashes of me and my friends at risk, heh.)
Since Hardcore Mode has been removed , there is no more death penalty on Ephinea.
You can hang out with as many mesetas you like without fear.
The only punishment for dying that might remain is the 5 % loss of your mag synchro.

Last edited:
Whats the best solo mission to run for xp? I'm level 35, been away for a while and wanting to get some levels in as fast as possible.

Back